Pirate's Treasure Completion Bug

#1 Edited by ExcessDebris (146 posts) -

Is anyone else finding it absolutely impossible to beat the Pirate's Treasure level where you race to open that chest. I can get to the end no problem, but then when I'm jumping off the last mast the chest just warps to the end pushing me off the back of the screen and I die. I've tried this level innumerable times, and I've googled and found videos of other people experiencing the bug. I have two questions: 1) Has anyone found a good way to get around this bug, and 2) if not, is there any chance for a patch despite this not being a very high selling game?

I really have been enjoying this game, but the bug is driving me nuts! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Finally beat it. Honestly I'm not really 100% sure what I did differently. I probably played the level and died there at least 60 times.

#2 Posted by BBQBram (2280 posts) -

It's not a bug. I was having trouble with it today but then I realized you need to be at the top of the mast in time causing it to topple over, so you can outrun the back of the screen.

#3 Posted by RawknRo11a (568 posts) -

Yea, I had the same issue. drove me crazy! Not sure what happened but I think BBQBram may be right. The horrible thing is that once you get past that it is literally the end of the level.

#4 Posted by lockonandfire (86 posts) -

It's an infuriating little glitch, made me sure I was doing something wrong. A confusing and unfortunate way to end a level, especially given how precise the treasure chest chases otherwise are.

#5 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

Yeah cannot do that bit at all.

#6 Posted by Gearhead (2251 posts) -

@BBQBram said:

It's not a bug. I was having trouble with it today but then I realized you need to be at the top of the mast in time causing it to topple over, so you can outrun the back of the screen.

I just did this. Try to get to the top of the right mast that's falling over. It worked.

#7 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Yep. I remember that.

#8 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -

Yeah, I just had trouble with this treasure chest too. I found that not hesitating jumping onto the rope is the way to go. I had the problem because I didn't want to get burned by that pole, but stay on his ass and you should have no problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.