Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rayman Origins

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Officially revealed at Ubisoft's 2010 E3 press briefing, Rayman Origins is a new 2D Rayman game developed by Michel Ancel and a small team, taking the series back to its roots.

Rayman Origins

moky01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By moky01

I just finished Rayman Origins on the Vita and I wanted to share my love.

I heard so many good things but I didn't pick it up on console.

When I got my Vita it seemed like the standout game of the launch. So I bit the bullet and got it.

Three things I love about this

1. Progression

The way Rayman gets new abilities is so charming and useful that I was actually full of glee every time they dolled one out.

2. Platforming

Yes it is a platform game but they got everything so so right.

The jump is just right whenever you press the X button. Wether you are running or walking.

Little big planet is a game I always wanna love but the floaty jump bugs me so much. its makes it less fun.

3. Everything else!

The part I love most is the music. I started playing Rayman on the train but I had to stop cause I needed the music.

I really can't express how much I love the music. As soon as I finish this I am going to look for the soundtrack.

This game is a classic!

moky01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By moky01

I just finished Rayman Origins on the Vita and I wanted to share my love.

I heard so many good things but I didn't pick it up on console.

When I got my Vita it seemed like the standout game of the launch. So I bit the bullet and got it.

Three things I love about this

1. Progression

The way Rayman gets new abilities is so charming and useful that I was actually full of glee every time they dolled one out.

2. Platforming

Yes it is a platform game but they got everything so so right.

The jump is just right whenever you press the X button. Wether you are running or walking.

Little big planet is a game I always wanna love but the floaty jump bugs me so much. its makes it less fun.

3. Everything else!

The part I love most is the music. I started playing Rayman on the train but I had to stop cause I needed the music.

I really can't express how much I love the music. As soon as I finish this I am going to look for the soundtrack.

This game is a classic!

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gizmo

I'm really looking forward to getting it on Steam, I really enjoyed the demo.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By James_Giant_Peach

It is a fantastic game. So many winks and nods to old-school Rayman fans, and plenty of fun for anyone new to the series. The platforming is perfect, the music is amazing, the environments and enemies are so wonderfully-detailed and varied, it really is one of the best games in recent memory. I only hope we get more in the future. I played the 360 version but if I do get a Vita, this'll be a must buy.

I could listen to this all day:

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Legend

This is indeed an amazing game. I pity those who have yet to experience its beauty. As soon as I got the platinum trophy on the PSVita version, I went ahead and preordered it on Steam.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By nohthink

@moky01: I'm with you.

I collected all the teeth and even unlocked the secret death level.

I believe it is a perfect portable game rather than a console game but that's just me.

Really loved the game.

moky01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By moky01

I have the same feeling about this being perfect for the handheld. I am now thinking about picking up Raman 3 HD. Maybe it's too much Rahman.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is a really charming game, plus the music and look of it are amazing. I play it with my little brother and sister and we all love it (They're 5 and 7 so it's a game for all ages too, another plus)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BisonHero

@James_Giant_Peach said:

It is a fantastic game. So many winks and nods to old-school Rayman fans, and plenty of fun for anyone new to the series. The platforming is perfect, the music is amazing, the environments and enemies are so wonderfully-detailed and varied, it really is one of the best games in recent memory. I only hope we get more in the future. I played the 360 version but if I do get a Vita, this'll be a must buy.

I could listen to this all day:

The (sometimes) grandiosity, and sheer variety of Rayman Origins' soundtrack puts it right up there with Super Mario Galaxy.

Also, it's really weird to hear that track without the constant rumbling of the entire stage falling away.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gizmo

Does anyone find they play Origins in short spurts of an hour/2 hours?

moky01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By moky01

On the Vita I was just smashing one level at a time! i was easy to jump into.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.