Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rayman Origins

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Officially revealed at Ubisoft's 2010 E3 press briefing, Rayman Origins is a new 2D Rayman game developed by Michel Ancel and a small team, taking the series back to its roots.

This game is soooooo hard.

johnwaynegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnwaynegacy

Just finished Rayman: Origins main story line and I must admit that the final level - The Reveal - seems to be made by some sick French perverts. I've been playing video games for about twenty years now, and I've never seen anything like this. I know many difficult games, but this? I've played Daemon Soul, Super Meat Boy (on a keyboard!), but reapeting the running part of The Revel for something like a thousand times was one hell of a gaming experience.

There was screaming, plenty of bad language, nervous wife in the background. And I swear, I must have broken left analog of my Dual Shock. I wanted to smash my TV and I will never play that game again.

But on the other hand it was beautiful and challenging. If I'm Batman (and I'm pretty sure I am), then this game is my Joker. Now changing my relationship status with Ubisoft to "it's complicated".

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spoonman671
    @johnwaynegacy said:

And I swear, I must have broken left analog of my Dual Shock.

Use the D-pad.

I agree that the game can be quite challenging, but I only really found it to be so when going for the bonus stuff that you don't actually have to get.
    eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By eristocrat

Beating the last level isn't that hard, speed running the final level is a different story.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

Nice man :)

I finished it yesterday (main along with land of livid) and I can say that as fun as SMB was, I havent had such an enjoyable platforming experience in soo so so many years. Now that you have finished the reveal, go for all the skull teeth - beating livid dead is a truly wonderful feeling - however, beware, it is much harder than the reveal

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By nohthink

@johnwaynegacy: I feel you brother(or sister, if you're a girl). I'm also making the game even harder for myself by trying to collect all the pink balls thingy(elec... something). Yeap.. I'm almost there though. Looking forward to finish it lol

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

I definitely need to get this game. And soon.

Also, very few games caused as much cursing from me as Mega Man X. THAT FUCKING MUTT!

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By killacam

just wait til you get to the land of the livid dead! what an amazing level. it sums up everything the game does and multiplies by ten.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By habster3

By "soooooo hard," do you mean like Prinny hard? If so, then I think I might avoid this game after all... that game ate up my life (at least I could beat it in 45 lives, right? RIGHT?????)

johnwaynegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By johnwaynegacy

I've never played Prinny, so I can't tell, but comparing to SMB it's much harder. Probably because of the level design, while playing SMB you actually see whole level right away, with Rayman it's a diffrent story and repeating some parts is really painful.

Now I'm going for something quiet and peaceful like mastering Skyrim (or yoga), but when I calm down I'll try to beat the Land of the Livin' Dead.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BBQBram

Really? I don't mean to brag but I finished this game no problem, just took a while to get all the speed run and score Electoons for the S-Rank. And yeah, The Reveal and Land of the Livid Dead are some pretty hardcore levels, but I could actually beat them as opposed to the latter half of the Dark World in Super Meat Boy, which is still taunting me.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VierasTalo

It's hard, sure, but playing through the original Rayman a while back made this seem like a walk in the park.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BBQBram

@VierasTalo: Oh totally but that's not just due to level design, the original had some slow ass controls combined with very tight platforming sections. I watched some videos of it recently to refresh my memory and I must say, I was suprised I beat that game as a kid. It was my first PlayStation game...aaaah, the sweet scent of nostalgia.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By jacdg

@BBQBram said:

@VierasTalo: Oh totally but that's not just due to level design, the original had some slow ass controls combined with very tight platforming sections. I watched some videos of it recently to refresh my memory and I must say, I was suprised I beat that game as a kid. It was my first PlayStation game...aaaah, the sweet scent of nostalgia.

It was my first playstation game as well, never beat it though, not even when I bough it from the PSN store a few months back, simply gave up on it about halfway through.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrikk

@VierasTalo said:

It's hard, sure, but playing through the original Rayman a while back made this seem like a walk in the park.

That's because that game has not aged well AT ALL. They learned from their mistakes... the first one isn't even that great. 2 is though.

Pixelationist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pixelationist

Just got this today and I can already tell that this is not a game to get completionist about. So many of the little yellow things are missable, especially when they do the mario red coin thing. I haven't manage a single one of those!

I wan't expecting this level of hardcoreness. Not that I'm a pussy but... It's kinda off putting.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jozzy

I played the game in coop with my kids, which made it a lot more doable (and a lot of fun). It didn't make the last level easier though.. I still need 3 more teeth, but I don't think I am ever going to make that.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By benspyda

I still have yet to get this game out of the shrink rap. But once I'm done with ME3 and MGS HD its next on my list.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

It totally is ! Just got the platinum , and it was very difficult .

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and the wife were working through it together co-op, but my rage fueled swearing tirades at the skull tooth levels kind of turned her off on the game.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and the wife were working through it together co-op, but my rage-fueled swearing tirades at the skull tooth levels kind of turned her off on the game. Seriously, fuck those things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.