Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Raze's Hell

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 21, 2005

A game by Majesco Entertainment in which you play as Raze, who is trying to stop the cute Kewletts from invading and 'purifying the ugly' from his land.

Hell and Soccer on the 360

Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Ryan  Staff
    No blood for gumdrops!
    No blood for gumdrops!
    It's been a year and change since Microsoft first started making original Xbox games available for purchase through the Xbox Live Marketplace on the 360, and while Microsoft has made sure every man, woman, and child on this big blue marble knows about Gears of War 2, it's been much more laid-back about the Xbox Originals program. I guess it makes sense, as most of the games released so far have been high-profile titles that speak for themselves pretty well, like Halo, Burnout 3, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Not so for this week's Xbox Originals releases, which include two games that just did not get enough love the first time around. Sega Soccer Slam is a fun, flamboyant take on the sport that even an ignorant American like me can appreciate, though it's Raze's Hell that's got me really excited. If you missed it the first time around, and there's a very high probability that you did, Raze's Hell is a third-person shooter where you play a gnarly-looking rabbit-beast set out to destroy a fascist regime of cute, squeaky-voiced creatures that look more like children's toys than the cruel oppressors that they are. It initially just seems like an exaggerated slobs-vs-snob conflict, though what's brilliant about Raze's Hell is how it also serves as a cutting satire about the role of media in the war in Iraq. That it seems like such an unlikely vehicle for political dissent makes it that much more effective.

Both games are available right now for $15 a piece, which is a little disappointing for Raze's Hell, since that game retailed for $20 when it first appeared on the original Xbox. Still, where else are you going to hear teddy bears contemplate the graphic horrors of war?
    Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Ryan  Staff
    No blood for gumdrops!
    No blood for gumdrops!
    It's been a year and change since Microsoft first started making original Xbox games available for purchase through the Xbox Live Marketplace on the 360, and while Microsoft has made sure every man, woman, and child on this big blue marble knows about Gears of War 2, it's been much more laid-back about the Xbox Originals program. I guess it makes sense, as most of the games released so far have been high-profile titles that speak for themselves pretty well, like Halo, Burnout 3, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Not so for this week's Xbox Originals releases, which include two games that just did not get enough love the first time around. Sega Soccer Slam is a fun, flamboyant take on the sport that even an ignorant American like me can appreciate, though it's Raze's Hell that's got me really excited. If you missed it the first time around, and there's a very high probability that you did, Raze's Hell is a third-person shooter where you play a gnarly-looking rabbit-beast set out to destroy a fascist regime of cute, squeaky-voiced creatures that look more like children's toys than the cruel oppressors that they are. It initially just seems like an exaggerated slobs-vs-snob conflict, though what's brilliant about Raze's Hell is how it also serves as a cutting satire about the role of media in the war in Iraq. That it seems like such an unlikely vehicle for political dissent makes it that much more effective.

Both games are available right now for $15 a piece, which is a little disappointing for Raze's Hell, since that game retailed for $20 when it first appeared on the original Xbox. Still, where else are you going to hear teddy bears contemplate the graphic horrors of war?
    derachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By derachi

Raze's hell seemed fun. Might try it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By RHCPfan24

Raze's Hell was something I missed back then. Looked ok.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Media_Master

Yeah, that game somehow strikes me as odd.

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
    deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

$15 is too much imo.....especially for a game that released at $20 years ago. 

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By zoozilla

Huh.  I guess it's kind of cool that they're releasing games that most gamers missed, but....

I think the general consensus on these releases is "WTF!?"

Scooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooter

I was a big Sega Soccer Slam fan on the gamecube.. and it is pretty neat. It is worth $15 to me.

Roboto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Roboto

Sega Soccer Slam?!/!?!?!?!??!!! Such greatness will be available for download.  Aged really well, since it has some stylish visuals.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By kraznor

Already got Raze's Hell and have little interest in soccer in any form. Still, its nice that these games are now basically immortal.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrKlorox

I would pick up Raze's Hell if it was 800 MSP.

irishjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By irishjohn

Raze's Hell was kind of fantastic.  Totally worth playing.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By jacksukeru

Raze Hell, I remember hearing about that game. Was gonna check it out but then I forgot the name. Still, no Xbox means I won't be playing it so that's a bummer :(

RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RawShark

Raze's Hell sounds ace. SSS was shite, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.