sportsplosion's R.B.I. Baseball (Nintendo Entertainment System) review

• sportsplosion wrote this review on .

A Classic That's Still Great Today

Almost certainly the most popular NES baseball game, Tengen's (Atari) RBI Baseball combined solid gameplay with real player names and stats, both of which help it remain fun to play even today. The computer AI is horrible and not worth bothering with, the fielding takes a little while to get used to, and clearly the graphics are nothing to speak of (but I'm personally a fan of the tubby player models for some reason, compared to the robotic abstractions in Tecmo Baseball or the spindly pseudo-realism of RBI Baseball 2) yet the pure simplicity of RBI's gameplay is refreshing after spending all your time weathering the slow tempo of sports sims like MLB: The Show. Enjoy RBI Baseball for what it is, a classic 2-player baseball experience.