4 stars 4/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 4 releases and 0 DLC

Fascinating and flawed 0

The GameReceiver is a game that mixes rogue-like random elements within a FPS, and adds simulation-like complexities to add suspense. The main goal of the game is to collect cassette tapes. Not just any cassette tapes, but tapes that promise to lead to some ethereal enlightenment...So self help tapes.Everything is glazed in a cyber-noir aesthetic that is minimalist but effective.The gameplay consists of exploring a randomly generated set of maps, with your randomly selected pistol, for the purpo...

Receiver, a parable of vanity 0

Had Solomon been a developer of games, rather than a developer of laws, I can only imagine he would have bestowed upon the people of Israel something similar to Receiver. Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes, vanity of vanities, and all is vanity. ...and I saw that under the sun, the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the learned, nor favor to the skillful: but time and chance in all. As I crept through hall after louring hall of Recei...