Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 31, 2007

A top-down action RPG and item shop tycoon game for PC by doujin/indie circle EasyGameStation and localized by Carpe Fulgur for English-speaking audiences. You play the role of Recette, a young girl who opens an item shop to repay the debts incurred by her missing father.

Recettear tops 26,000 sales

BrainMeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BrainMeats
    Carpe Fulgur says so.
    One of the guys on the project also admitted on SomethingAwful that the English version has outpaced the original Japanese.
    I wonder if sales will continue to trail off for a little while or if everyone who was going to buy it has already done so. I guess word of mouth carried the sales and it's off the front page of GiantBomb and Steam so maybe the wave is over. Even still, the game did great for a little unknown indie game from Japan translated by a couple of guys in their spare time.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vodun

Gotta love a good underdog story. Go indie!

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By laussica

I love this game, hopfully it will go on sale soon so that other that aren't sure will try it

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By shirogane
    @laussica:
    It does have a demo. 
    Whichi  really think people should play. Seriously, that little part at the end of the demo is just hilarious.
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jozzy

Hmm, I thought it was doing even better. It was so high up the steam list all the time.

Laksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Laksa

Recettear is one of the most addicting games i have played in a long time, immediately whipped out my credit card to pre order it after playing the demo. Any  of you interested can give the demo on steam a try.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By meteora

I like how the developer was even thankful for the pirates who pirated the game and bought the game later. 

But nice to know that we're securing their jobs as an indie developer.

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
    DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 4

I thought Recettear was awesome fun.  I found myself so compelled by the demo I picked it up.  The replay value isn't as high as I'd thought it might have been, but it was still worth my dollars.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.