Limited Edition Includes Blow Up Doll

• 88 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Trumping the mouse pad bundled with the limited edition of this game's prequel:

...is a blow up character doll bundled with the limited edition of Record of Agarest War 2, according to Amazon.

Oh, there's also a heart shaped compressed towel and an art book along with the game.

I have no interest in this series, but I'm considering getting the limited edition just because of this. This is amazing.

Source

#2 Edited by believer258 (11633 posts) -

Well, at least the girl on the mouse pad looks older than fourteen.

@rebgav said:

I'll reserve judgement until this thing is unveiled but my tentative position on this is that it's the worst thing that's ever happened.

Oh Japan.

That isn't necessarily the worst thing that's ever happened. Remember, we're talking about the country that also has this.

#3 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

Elle Oh Elle. I've always wanted to like the Argarest War games. Dig the art style but the game is just too hard/complicated for me.

Also, I kinda want to see exactly what this blow up doll is. Maybe it wont be super pervy? Whateves, I wouldn't buy the LE anyway.

#4 Posted by snowninja845 (43 posts) -

Kinda like agarest zero still need to play the first one. But i dont think ill be getting the limited edition of this.

#5 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

@rebgav said:

@believer258 said:

@rebgav said:

I'll reserve judgement until this thing is unveiled but my tentative position on this is that it's the worst thing that's ever happened.

Oh Japan.

That isn't necessarily the worst thing that's ever happened. Remember, we're talking about the country that also has this.

That's the best thing that has ever happened.

I looked into the age of the character on the mousepad, she's 214 years old. I suspect that's jrpg code for "she's 14 years old." But you're right, she does look older and that would totally stand up in court.

To be fair...if you're in japan, and a girl looks 14, she's probably about 20, if she's actually 14, she'd look like she's 10.

#6 Posted by Zacagawea (1582 posts) -
#7 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@rebgav said:

Oh Japan.

Festival of the Steel Phallus is an awesome name.

#8 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Creepy and stupid.

#9 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

lol, how can one not love the cover art for the limited edition.

@rebgav said:

Oh Japan.

you mean your tentacle position!

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5903 posts) -

Shweeet! My old one was getting pretty stinky so this sounds like a good deal.

#11 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

This and the super monkey ball 'adult' level are making me seriously question Japan all over again.

#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

And yet the game is rated T for Teen.

#13 Posted by ZOnikJJ (258 posts) -

I'd buy it! LOLOLOL

I use the mousepad from the original game. It makes me giggle when I have to use my mouse

#14 Posted by Chop (1994 posts) -

They know exactly what kind of people buy and enjoy that low budget ecchi garbage, so why should they try and pretend that they don't? I respect them in a weird way for this...

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

@MikkaQ: The games are not nearly as risque as the advertising would lead you to believe.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

I bought the first one. They wont fool me again.

#17 Posted by Giefcookie (583 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

And yet the game is rated T for Teen.

I'd say teens have the most use for everything in that package.

#18 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

Hey Bioware, take note, this is how you reward the poor sods that buy Collector's Editions. 

#19 Posted by AlexW00d (6184 posts) -

I can't even think of anything to say about how fucked up this and OP is, so I'll leave with the knowledge that real 14 year old girls are more satisfying than fake cartoon ones.

#20 Posted by ZOnikJJ (258 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

I can't even think of anything to say about how fucked up this and OP is, so I'll leave with the knowledge that real 14 year old girls are more satisfying than fake cartoon ones.

Hahahahahah! NICE!

#21 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

How come every time a topic like this is made it boils down to snide remarks about Japan.

#22 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4929 posts) -

@Rudeboy217 said:

@believer258 said:

@rebgav said:

Oh Japan.

Festival of the Steel Phallus is an awesome name.

The next week after that: Festival of the B-B-Balls of Steel.

But seriously, I fucking hate this side (the dark side) of Japan. And the fact that whenever something like this comes out, everyone goes: "Oh Japan.". Fuck that! This not represents Japan in general.

#23 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

@DonChipotle: Cuz It's easy.

#24 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ: The games are not nearly as risque as the advertising would lead you to believe.

Still, this is probably the only way a 13 year old could legally acquire a blow-up doll in a store, which is pretty funny.

#25 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

@DonChipotle: Cuz It's easy.

But it's not like this represents all of the country so it's kind of strange how people treat it like it does!

#26 Posted by fRAWRst (236 posts) -

Isnt this game a tactics turn based strategy?

#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36000 posts) -

I'm getting this solely as a means of trolling everybody here....somehow...

#28 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

@DonChipotle: It's not like that's exclusive to japan. I can go full stereotype on most large countries.

Japan is just an easy target because the crazy part is so vocal. And all the normal stuff is still different from western culture, so we don't relate as well.

#29 Posted by DonChipotle (2693 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

@DonChipotle: It's not like that's exclusive to japan. I can go full stereotype on most large countries.

Japan is just an easy target because the crazy part is so vocal. And all the normal stuff is still different from western culture, so we don't relate as well.

Clearly the answer is to have western devs ship their games with video game characters slapped on panties.

#30 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

gross. Also the first game was terrible so

#31 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -

Of course it does.

#32 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Is this a hentai game? Also, I noticed this on the side of the box, it looks to me like she is trying to stuff a giant phallic object into her mouth.

#33 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11475 posts) -

Well, yeah. From what I understand Record of Agarest War as a game is just an aggresively mediocre turn based tactics game with dating sim elements, so it's not exactly the gameplay that is selling it there. On the plus side, they clearly know their audience.

#34 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Huh. I wonder what that will look like.

#35 Posted by Lego_My_Eggo (982 posts) -
#36 Posted by RWBladewing (117 posts) -

It would be better to just buy a blow-up doll and not get an absolutely terrible game along with it. This series is not worth anyone's time. It's a stretch to even say it's a tactics game or has actual dating sim elements.

#37 Edited by Dynablade (166 posts) -

Man that limited edition is beyond creepy. It's much more fun, and affordable to pick up some nice girl then buying this game in my opinion.

#38 Posted by EuanDewar (4757 posts) -

Game seems perfect for Jeff

Anime head in the dark room

#39 Posted by Jrad (621 posts) -

I wanted to love Agarest War, I really did -- it seemed to be right up my alley; I like tactics games, I like (good) visual novels, and the Soul Breed system sounded great. I played it, and it wasn't terrible. It wasn't offensively bad. It wasn't great, either. If anything, it was offensively mediocre. In a word, it was just boring.

I haven't played Zero yet (though I have plans to!); Record of Agarest War 2 actually seems like it might be a decent improvement, and some of the changes (four party member limit in combat, for instance) and a slightly heavier emphasis on the dating part, could make it good. The original suffered from trying to tell a crappy story without opportunity for interaction with the heroines. Essentially, it was a generic JRPG story supplanted with crappy combat. If they'd maybe had 1/4 as many battles, the original would've been far more playable.

#40 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Bwah?

They really outdid the lewdness factor from the last Limited Edition. It probably won't be as suggestive as implied, but it's funny how Amazon worded it that way.

#41 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Whoever buys this should be put on the Megan's Law list.

#42 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Whoever buys this should be put on the Megan's Law list.

Who is this Megan Law? Is she hot?

#43 Posted by Jolt92 (1542 posts) -

I find all of this extremely creepy...

(and extremely sexy, amirite?)

#44 Posted by adoggz (2042 posts) -

I really want to see a unboxing of this, preferably with Jeff and Vinny.

#45 Posted by RWBladewing (117 posts) -

@Jrad said:

I wanted to love Agarest War, I really did -- it seemed to be right up my alley; I like tactics games, I like (good) visual novels, and the Soul Breed system sounded great. I played it, and it wasn't terrible. It wasn't offensively bad. It wasn't great, either. If anything, it was offensively mediocre. In a word, it was just boring.

I haven't played Zero yet (though I have plans to!); Record of Agarest War 2 actually seems like it might be a decent improvement, and some of the changes (four party member limit in combat, for instance) and a slightly heavier emphasis on the dating part, could make it good. The original suffered from trying to tell a crappy story without opportunity for interaction with the heroines. Essentially, it was a generic JRPG story supplanted with crappy combat. If they'd maybe had 1/4 as many battles, the original would've been far more playable.

You may want to just go ahead and skip Zero if this is the case. It doesn't fix any of the issues you mentioned having with the first game (makes some worse in fact - i.e. they removed the time limit and then used that as an excuse for more required grinding.)

#46 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Sounds right up your alley.

#47 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Day 1 buy

#48 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

The ESRB description for this, like always, is hilarious.

This is a fantasy role-playing game in which players control a hero who must restore balance in a magical land. Players explore towns, travel along map points, and fight humans and creatures in turn-based combat. Action sequences consist of selecting weapons and attacks (Ice Vein, Trick Hit, Rushing Jaeger, Drop Dead, etc.) from a menu screen; damage is indicated by slashing sounds, light effects, and floating hit points above characters’ heads. The game depicts several female characters whose breasts/buttocks are partially obscured by hot-spring mist and soap suds.

During some bathhouse sequences, players can engage in massage-based mini-games, applying oil or foodstuffs (e.g., bananas, mushrooms, popsicles) to the bodies of bikini-clad women. One related achievement is called Ecstasy Time. Other still-frame images depict female characters in provocative poses (e.g., women hiding behind bed sheets; two characters eating a banana together) or engaging in suggestive dialogue: “Bigger is better, right?” The words “sh*t” and “a*shole” appear in dialogue.

videogaaaaammmmeeess
#49 Posted by Vorbis (2749 posts) -

Was the best thing about that article.

#50 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I would never play the game but I totally want the CE because WTF?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.