What do you think?

#1 Posted by ttocs (762 posts) -

After playing the game for however long you have had it, what do you think? 

I'm enjoying it, but the combat system does take a little to get used to.  It's certainly different from anything I've played before and I think I should have probably payed a little more attention to some of the tutorials in the beginning of the game.  I'm sure I'll understand it more as it goes along but at least it's not a cookie cutter battle system with no thought involved. 

Along with a nice battle system I'm digging the graphics and the story is off to a decent start.  Looking to see what you guys think as well.

#2 Posted by Hunter5024 (5601 posts) -

Are the maps different in this one? That was a problem I had with my limited experience with the first game.

#3 Posted by Bocam (3706 posts) -

This just came out in the US? It's been out in Japan for two years. Wow.

#4 Edited by Dizzyhippos (1401 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Are the maps different in this one? That was a problem I had with my limited experience with the first game.

I belive they changed it so that you can go any ware at anytime in this one. It seems like they fixed alot of the problems of the first two in this one, stuff like out of party characters still get xp and such

#5 Posted by ttocs (762 posts) -

It's a lot different than the others.  You don't need to worry about that if it annoyed you.  You can walk around an open world but it's sorta limiting since you just do random battles (you can also do a random battle whenever you want by hitting a button) and then move to events.  It does have some different scenery though.

#6 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1401 posts) -

@ttocs: so what your saying is that this is what the first game should of been?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.