Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Record of Agarest War

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Sep 27, 2007

Record of Agarest War is a strategy role-playing game with dating sim elements.

Anyone playing this?

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By eldiax

I'm kinda interested in getting this game, but I'm not quite sure if it's good enough to warrant a purchase. Can someone who is playing this enlighten me?

Semition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Semition

It's a pretty mediocre SRPG. Not really worth a full price purchase.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Catolf

I am and enjoying, but if your not interested in getting the game with the bonus stuff then just wait for it to turn up used and get it cheaper.

@Semition said:

" It's a pretty mediocre SRPG. Not really worth a full price purchase. "

I don't agree with this, I think it's pretty good, nothing like Disgaea but it's rather fair (where disgaea tends to put people on cliffs that you can't REACH (rage)
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By endaround
    @Catolf: That's what throwing people is for!
    Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Catolf
    @endaround said:
    " @Catolf: That's what throwing people is for! "
    I tried! they don't make it, and I can't get any closer to that cliff, they just sit there and I'm like "GET DOWN!" and they are all "NOOOOO" I'm like "GRRRRR"

I'll try again eventually, but I find Agarest wars fun even if everything is flat. Really easy to pick up and get into, the leveling is fair and I like the characters. I'm almost done with generation one I do believe.
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Eelcire

While the game is no Disgaea, it is still a pretty fun SRPG with it's own mechanics such as Soul Breeding. In addition there are also light dating sim elements where decisions you make during the course of the game will affect certain female's attitudes towards you. One of these females ends up as your bride, where you will procreate and have a child which inherits traits from each of you. This child is your new character for the next generation of play (there are 5 genereations to go through). 

If you're into SRPGs then I'd give it a shot. It's been well recieved enough [in Japan] to warrent two other games, a prequel and a sequel. I'm hoping the other games make it outside of Japan as well.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By bretthancock

I'm going to give this another chance before I sell it, it didn't leave a good first impression.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Noodles

It's decent if you can get past the awful, awful intro (first few hours). The bonus stuff is why I bought it to be honest.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By YoThatLimp

Is this game alright for the non anime loving types? Looking for a srpg for the 360

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Catolf
    @Metalideth said:
    " Is this game alright for the non anime loving types? Looking for a srpg for the 360 "
    Unno, it's very 'anime' it's a decent Srpg none the less, you have to get one of the three girls to like your enough so you can continue on (as your kid) But the voice acting is decent and the fights are fun, maybe try renting it before you buy?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.