• 55 results
#51 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Catolf said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Catolf said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" Im scared..but also...not sure if want... "
I just got it yesterday, it has the same menu style as Cross Edge and the grindyness to it but it has an ACTUAL story. "
Does it play like  Disgaea? I have not heard anything about this game.  "
Not really. it's an SRPG but you get your turn to move, then the enemy does too (sometimes moving away from you, or behind you) then you get an action phase to do your attack, if you have people placed int he right spots (unlike Disgaea this will tell you if your going to get a team type attack with visual line/links) then you can put together a crap load of attacks and unleash them.  I over broke a theif with like 6 attacks all linked together. It was satisfying to see it all come together.  The fighting plain is flat so no real tatical stuff to reach someone on a high ledge like disgaea, but i'm enjoying it. I think Ellis is adorable and so far my fav character in this. "
Sounds like any tactics game. Which I often love.  "
Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, so far i'm only int he first hour or so, but all the goodies int he box made the game worth a buy for me, any other time I would have waited for this to come down in price before I bought.
#52 Posted by ttocs (767 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Catolf said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
I just got it yesterday, it has the same menu style as Cross Edge and the grindyness to it but it has an ACTUAL story. "
It plays pretty much the same as Disgaea, just without as much strategy.  Think of it as Disgaea Light.  If you like DIsgaea but don't get all into the extras of Disgaea (deep Item wortld and stuff like that) then you will appreciate this game.
#53 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Catolf said:
" @Catolf said:
" @Catolf said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
Not really. it's an SRPG but you get your turn to move, then the enemy does too (sometimes moving away from you, or behind you) then you get an action phase to do your attack, if you have people placed int he right spots (unlike Disgaea this will tell you if your going to get a team type attack with visual line/links) then you can put together a crap load of attacks and unleash them.  I over broke a theif with like 6 attacks all linked together. It was satisfying to see it all come together.  The fighting plain is flat so no real tatical stuff to reach someone on a high ledge like disgaea, but i'm enjoying it. I think Ellis is adorable and so far my fav character in this. "
Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, so far i'm only int he first hour or so, but all the goodies int he box made the game worth a buy for me, any other time I would have waited for this to come down in price before I bought. "
I might get it. However I would be getting the PS3 version. My 360 is broken and I am yet to get enough money to fix it...Course..I would have to upgrade my PS3 hard drive just to fit the game. 
#54 Posted by FirePrince (1763 posts) -

Borderline Hentai FTW.
#55 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@FirePrince said:
" Borderline Hentai FTW. "
Not even close XP Which is too bad..

@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Catolf said:
" @Catolf said:
" @Catolf said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, so far i'm only int he first hour or so, but all the goodies int he box made the game worth a buy for me, any other time I would have waited for this to come down in price before I bought. "
I might get it. However I would be getting the PS3 version. My 360 is broken and I am yet to get enough money to fix it...Course..I would have to upgrade my PS3 hard drive just to fit the game.  "
It is a big DL, and I didn't want to give up that much room in my ps3 so I just got the xbox version, but, yeah DL it if you got the room

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.