Really Naughty Limited Edition Announced

• 59 results
#1 Edited by Eelcire (367 posts) -

Oh wow, now this is a limited edition!  Aksys Games has announced the Really Naughty Lmitied Edition of Record of Agarest war for NTSC Xbox 360s! 

• 26″ x 20″ Yearning Ellis pillowcase (pillow not included)
  • 8½” x 10½” Sensual Vira-Lor mouse pad
  • Record of the Agarest War Soundtrack
  • Naughty Collector’s Box to protect your girls

Nothing screams perv like this kind of marketing; so who's ordering? I know I will :D

#2 Posted by Willin (1269 posts) -
#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

I've never even heard of this game but the fact that it puts too much emphasis on sex kinda puts me off. Could be a terrible game for all I know.

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Naaaauuuuughtttyyyyyyyyyy
#5 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -

I don't have a 360 sadly I can only download this game

#6 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree: That gave me a laugh, Ha!
#7 Posted by Eelcire (367 posts) -

It's all tongue-in-cheek. The game itself is a SRPG where the antagonist basically sells himself and future generations for a chance to redeem some wrongs (from what I've gathered of the story); with the mechanic of finding a wife and having a kid, thus forwarding the story through another character. Could be a good game for all you know as well.

I seem to recall another excellent game that was recently released that has been dismissed by others due to the over-sexuality of it.

#8 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2041 posts) -

Sad part is that the thought of pre-ordering this crossed my mind.

#9 Posted by psyborg0815 (444 posts) -

The 360 Version should get released in europe. I would definitely buy it and could use a new mouspad and pillow.

#10 Posted by Ashwyn (202 posts) -

The games pretty terrible for what it is.

#11 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Ummmmmmm im probably going to laughed at or called a perv but i might get it. How much is it. o shit i get a pillow case.

#12 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

I'll see how the game fares if that's the case. I don't even own a 360 though so even if wanted to play it I couldn't.

#13 Posted by Eelcire (367 posts) -

Well the game is being released on PS3 as well, though digitally only at 10GB. Not sure if Aksys has any plans for a special release for it or not.

@Ashwyn:
What did you find terrible, the story, gameplay, pacing?

#14 Posted by Ashwyn (202 posts) -

@Eelcire: 

I could easily name several bad things about the game, i mean the Graphics are bad (think Cross Edge or Disgea 3), the Dialogue is real Cheesy and Cliche, there's no option for english audio, the gameplay is really slow and sometimes over complicated, the amount of level grinding needed is stupid.

The list could go on like that for a while xD.

It's not the worst 'Compile Heart' game i've ever played and it does have an interesting gameplay system called 'Inherit', but it seems I keep getting fooled into buying these Niche JRPGs.

#15 Posted by onimonkii (2421 posts) -

that doesn't seem that naughty

#16 Posted by Binman88 (3679 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" I'll see how the game fares if that's the case. I don't even own a 360 though so even if wanted to play it I couldn't. "
It's out on PS3 in Europe.
#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Hmm, still waiting for tha naughty pictures. 
But that picture up there looks awesome though that type of mousepad sucks. 

#18 Posted by Red12b (9044 posts) -

WTF?

#19 Posted by Shirogane (3561 posts) -

So much false advertising... 

The mousepad thing is a bit weird though, for a PC game maybe...but what? 

The game seems very aimed at people who like anime, turned based stuff, lots of crazy grinding stuffs and all that insane very jap/korean gameplay stuffs. 
Probably why my friend has been excited about it since...forever. 

Seriously, the game is nowhere near as sexual as it tries to make you believe...unlike a certain other game...
#20 Posted by ApolloJ85 (241 posts) -

Dammit, this is why we can't have nice things.

What is the target audience here? Outside Asia anyway?

#21 Posted by Evilsbane (4340 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree: Haha love Courage the Cowardly dog, that is one of the best episodes to.

But uh...yea this game looks like garbage and any self respecting dude who buys this should be required to remove one testical.
#22 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

That's really quite tasteless, and also really stupid.

#23 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

lol we all know you guys will buy it and it sits perfectly well within the theme and undertones of the game...

#24 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

awesome?

#25 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -
@Ashwyn said:

"  there's no option for english audio"

That's a bad thing... how? If it was only in English you'd just be complaining about horrible voice acting.

@Evilsbane said:
" @OllyOxenFree: Haha love Courage the Cowardly dog, that is one of the best episodes to.  But uh...yea this game looks like garbage and any self respecting dude who buys this should be required to remove one testical. "
I'm going to buy it now just to spite you.
#26 Posted by Eelcire (367 posts) -

For those interested the official web site is now up for Record of Agarest War detailing story, characters, and play mechanics as well as media (though not seeing any media at the moment).

#27 Edited by Beforet (2884 posts) -
Ooooooh Japan.
#28 Posted by TinaWood (116 posts) -
 @Eelcire:

Lei Lei's my favourite too :)
#29 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

I like how the T rating sits alongside the naughty character art.

#30 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

A T rated game very naughty, I'm sure.

#31 Posted by ZmillA (2232 posts) -

wow

#32 Posted by nukesniper (1311 posts) -

I want this only for the reason to make it the dumbest loosely video game related thing I have. 

Wait, no. I don't. This whole thing is too weird for any self-respecting human to really care about. 

On second thought, that mouse pad has boobs. I could sell that to some 13 year old for all his allowance and his copy of Modern Warfare 2.

#33 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3960 posts) -

Perverted.  Is this the One-handed Special edition?

#34 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Okay... talk about creepy....

#35 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

wut?

#36 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3659 posts) -

Can I cut a hole in the pillow?

#37 Posted by Ouroboros (344 posts) -

Not gonna lie, I preordered this..

#38 Posted by EliasT (672 posts) -

Yes, I must purchase this. Seriously.

#39 Posted by Eelcire (367 posts) -

Be sure to pick this version up (or download the PSN version) if you want to see more Agarest War outside of Japan. It would appear that Record of Agarest War Zero is heading over to the Xbox 360 in Japan, and Compile Heart is shopping around for a western publisher. That just leaves Record of Agarest War 2 that is currently on PS3 only at the moment, but I would imagine it is only a matter of time before it is ported as long as sales prove strong enough.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/04/25/agarest-senki-zero-wages-war-on-one-more-console/

#40 Posted by LeetBalla (696 posts) -

The Gamestop I work at won't let us display this game because we carry the "Naughty Edition"; the game has to be kept behind the counter hidden away from customers eyes. I will have to restrain myself from lmao when a customer comes up to the counter and asks for this game.

#41 Posted by RolexDPracer (51 posts) -

I thought this was a joke. A sexed up strategy RPG? Really?

#42 Posted by Eelcire (367 posts) -
@RolexDPracer:  No, this is your standard SRPG that has been marketed as a sexed up SRPG. The extra mechanics in it being during the course of the game you find a wife and have a kid so that the kid can continue on the quest. So it's a SRPG mixed with elements of a dating sim.
#43 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

i admit I was not going to buy, but after some thought and i got to see more gameplay video's I've decided I would, and that who dating sim aspect helps my choice a bit as well. I'm already picking out girls XD

#44 Posted by Apathylad (3065 posts) -

This is the kind of game I'd be embarrassed to show-off to my friends...that being said, I'm hoping it will get a Quick Look!

#45 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

Damn, I'm so not up to date with foreign made games. what the hell is this game even about?

#46 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" This is the kind of game I'd be embarrassed to show-off to my friends...that being said, I'm hoping it will get a Quick Look! "
I bought mine proudly ^^ And showed it to my family. lol

@MiamiRedHawks said:
" Damn, I'm so not up to date with foreign made games. what the hell is this game even about? "

It's an SRPG where you can date the girls and marry them to 'make' a new hero.
#47 Posted by LiquidPrince (15610 posts) -

I might have picked it up if it had a PS3 counterpart. A physical one I mean.

#48 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

That looks like a mouse-pad i would not mind resting my hand on.

#49 Posted by natetodamax (19137 posts) -

I totally want that.

#50 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2041 posts) -

I would totally buy this if I had the money right now. Maybe someday.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.