Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Ambient challenge rewards

brandt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By brandt

What are the rewards for finishing the "ambient challenges"?  
    When I finished the treasure hunting challenge I didn't get any  message so I thought that there were none except all the gold,  
    but due to the glitchiness this game is prone to i noticed that when i finished the survivalist one the message just popped up for 
    a millisecond or so, and I could read it in the journal. 
    But, I can't go back and check for the treasure hunter one, so, if anyone knows.... thanks.  

Also.
    Hunting challenge: double satchel capacity.
    Survivalist challenge: for each herb picked up you get a "tonic" in your consumables that refills the dead eye.

eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By eagles_band

I know you unlock the Buffalo at some point in the Hunting challenge, and the Legend of the West after the completing all challenges. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

Do you mean it comes up once you've finished all the levels or after you beat one of the sections? I've never seen any messages but, then again, you say it's only on for a millisecond and I've seen plenty of things come up then fuck off before I've had a chance to see it.

brandt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brandt
    @HandsomeDead:  

I mean after completing rank 10. When I did that I got a message about the satchel and about the tonic. 
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is such a reward for completing the treasure hunter challenge. 
    I've heard that the sharpshooter reward is that dead eye will refill by shooting people. 
    RadioactiveJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RadioactiveJam

The treasure hunter doubles the amount of consumables you can carry after level ten
    level five you can ride stage coaches for free

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @brandt:  Sharpshooter level 10 rewards you with more dead eye from shooting people.
    ShooterJoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShooterJoseph

If you're talking about single-player, than the hunting challenge doesn't give Double-Satchel capacity, that's the reward for Rank 10 Treasure Hunter.

brandt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By brandt
    @ShooterJoseph said:
    " If you're talking about single-player, than the hunting challenge doesn't give Double-Satchel capacity, that's the reward for Rank 10 Treasure Hunter. "
    Then what's the hunting challenge reward? I got them about the same time, must be confusing them with each other.
    ShooterJoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShooterJoseph
    @brandt said:
    " @ShooterJoseph said:
    " If you're talking about single-player, than the hunting challenge doesn't give Double-Satchel capacity, that's the reward for Rank 10 Treasure Hunter. "
    Then what's the hunting challenge reward? I got them about the same time, must be confusing them with each other. "
    The Hunting Challenge reward is the ability to create "Vittles" after skinning an animal, which have the same benefits as a Medicine. ^_^
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By RichardLOlson

I want to ride a buffalo.

brandt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By brandt
    @ShooterJoseph:   

Finally I know. Haven't hunted a lot since I cleared that challenge.  Thanks.
    yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By yevinorion

If I remember correctly: 

Master Hunter  
    lvl5 - Buffalo Rifle available for purchase 
    lvl10 - Every time you skin an animal you also get "Vittles" which restores health like Medicine 

Survivalist 
    lvl5 - Survivalist Maps (the ones that show plants on the minimap) last double the time 
    lvl10 - Every time you pick a flower you get "Tonic" which restores Dead Eye like Snake Oil/Chewing Tobacco

Sharpshooter 
    lvl5 - Unlock the ability to hold more ammo for all weapons (I think, don't remember 100%) 
    lvl10 - Dead Eye gained from shooting enemies normally is increased 

Treasure Hunter 
    lvl5 - All Stagecoach rides are now free 
    lvl10 - You can carry double capacity of all consumables in your satchel

brandt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By brandt
    @yevinorion:  

Seems right.  I can confirm all but the Sharpshooter and Treasure Hunter lv5 ones and the Master Hunter lv10 because I never got those messages. 

Kind of annoys me. All other glitches have been kind of funny, this is just disturbing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.