Beavers ?

#1 Posted by JamesK (74 posts) -

Where is the best place to hunt Beavers?

#2 Posted by Lucifer (263 posts) -

At your mom's house! BADUM TISH! 

Aurora Basin is a pretty good place i hear.

#3 Posted by dantheman1515 (297 posts) -

You have to wait until you leave Mexico. Then go up north above Tall Trees to the upper rivers. It may take a bit to find one, but they usually travel in packs.

#4 Posted by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

I tend to get mauled by cougars when I look for beavers.  

#5 Posted by JamesK (74 posts) -

Thanks for the tips.

#6 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (870 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" I tend to get mauled by cougars when I look for beavers.   "
I'm not sure if you intended that to be as funny as I found it. Maybe my mind is just in the gutter right now. 

I just beat the game, and I didn't even know there was beavers in it. Will be fun to 100% this :D
#7 Posted by SpawnMan (748 posts) -
@Lucifer: I lol'ed so hard.
#8 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -
@Durandir said:
" @Devil240Z said:
I'm not sure if you intended that to be as funny as I found it. Maybe my mind is just in the gutter right now.  I just beat the game, and I didn't even know there was beavers in it. Will be fun to 100% this :D "
I read it the same way.  The internet has corrupted everyone
#9 Posted by Ujio (565 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
It's funny 'cause it's true!
#10 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

As far up north the river you can get. That is the river ending up north in the last zone, Elisabeth something...

#11 Posted by oobs (338 posts) -

around blackwater..hard to spot at times..have seen them in tall trees too but very rare
#12 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

I like clean shaved beavers, you can find them at your local college or highschool, oh : (

#13 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1224 posts) -

Usually, where there is snow and bears, there are beavers. 

#14 Posted by BergDK (270 posts) -

Northeast of Blackwater near the edge (but not at water level) there should be beavers shuffling around waiting to get creamed :D

As with most animals they might only be there at certain times of the day, early morning would be my guess?   

#15 Posted by TomTheRealist (171 posts) -
@TheCreamFilling said:
" Usually, where there is snow and bears, there are beavers.  "

Indubitably.
#16 Edited by CharlesAlanRatliff (5382 posts) -

Use this image I just made. So many beavers there! But stay on the dry parts. Go near the water and you won't find any. 

#17 Posted by Tennmuerti (8012 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
I salute you dear sir.
#18 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -
@JamesK: Didn't you get the big ass map with the game? It shows the location of animals.

Also, does the bait actually work in increasing the frequency of animals? I've never used it.
#19 Posted by marcusravenheart (224 posts) -
@dudeglove:  

It tends to be a crap shoot.  It spawns a random group of animals from the area to the bait point.  Seems to me that it attracted bears most of the time in areas where you were you'd hunt beavers.  Also the animals on that map are also on the in-game map as well.  However while those animals are on the map it doesn't always mean its a good hunting ground for them there. 

- Marcus
#20 Posted by jmrwacko (2443 posts) -
@Tennmuerti said:
" @Devil240Z said:
I salute you dear sir. "
Yeah, you gotta hunt on virgin territory to get the freshest beaver hides.
#21 Posted by El33tPanda (150 posts) -

So after two hours of searching up and down for Beavers, I finally found one of the furry bastards. Then as I dismounted and had him in my sights (I say him, this tricky bitch could have been female) I was mauled by a Grizzly Bear. Barely alive, I manage to shoot the Grizzly in the face, cut it's hide, then come to find the beaver is no where in sight and my horse is dead. Well played Red Dead, well played.

#22 Posted by JamesK (74 posts) -
@dudeglove: Ha Ha. Never even noticed that map in the box! Completed the task now. Next time I will check the box for the map.
#23 Posted by lilbigsupermario (840 posts) -
I hunted the beavers near Aurora Basin.  Just go around that area. 

@Devil240Z
said:
LOL! At Aurora Basin, I got mauled by a bear while I was running towards a dead beaver to skin it, but I didn't die and I ran then I shot the bear.  Unfortunately, because I was trying to get as far away from the bear, I wasn't able to find the dead beaver that I was planning to skin. for the survivalist challenge.. :(
#24 Posted by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

In the Tall Trees area,also near Blackwater

#25 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

College was a great place for Beaver...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.