Busted wolves/cougars in Undead Nightmare?

#1 Posted by BBQBram (2200 posts) -

Hey guys,

been playing UN for a day straight now, loving everything about it. The only thing that bugs me is that whenever a cougar or wolf jumps me there's a chance of it getting stuck in the jumping pose for a few seconds, hovering a bit above the ground. It's just a minor bug, but it breaks the immersion for me. Has anyone else noticed this? And do you think it' ll be patched soon?

Never encountered this in vanilla RDR, btw.

#2 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

LOL I love RDR

#3 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

John Marston in bullet-time? You sure this is a bug? Because it sounds pretty AWESOME!

#4 Posted by RankRabbit (394 posts) -

I still feel bad about killing all those sasquatches.

#5 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

I haven't seen this bug in my game.

#6 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@RankRabbit said:
"I still feel bad about killing all those sasquatches. "
#7 Edited by CaptainCowboy (16 posts) -

I know this might be a little off topic but found this and thought I'd share. It's called the "Zombie Hunter" outfit, but when you beat the game the name switches to the "Army of the Undead". Looks like Ash from Evil Dead/Army of Darkness  just give him a chainsaw hand he's good to go!!

#8 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@JoeRiccadonna said:
" @RankRabbit said:
"I still feel bad about killing all those sasquatches. "
"
#9 Posted by Yummylee (21244 posts) -

I've noticed that happen, but not such an issue for me.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10470 posts) -

Wait, you're telling me that there are BUGS in Red Dead Redemption DLC?! Who would have expected that?!

#11 Posted by Yummylee (21244 posts) -

Also I haven't encountered much in the way of game souring bugs, but there's been a number of technical fuck ups like 'a lot' of pop in, frame rate drops and the game's even crashed on me a few times.

#12 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
"Also I haven't encountered much in the way of game souring bugs, but there's been a number of technical fuck ups like 'a lot' of pop in, frame rate drops and the game's even crashed on me a few times. "

It's never crashed on me. But, It has have that pop-up problem and there is this weird sound that sounds to computer-y for it to be meant to be part of the game.
#13 Posted by BBQBram (2200 posts) -

Well I guess no else minds? I know there's some bugs in RDR but I've never seen this one, and it's been happening consistently in my UN playthrough. 

And no, I don't mean Dead Eye...:P

#14 Posted by D3Micoils (3 posts) -

I had the same issue with floating wolves & presumed a bug but wasn't quite convinced as it seemed far too blatant to be dismissed by Rockstar. I thought the glitch could possibly be the result of a bad install so I downloaded the game again & the problem appears to have gone.  Hope this works for others experiencing this annoyance ;)

#15 Posted by Boiglenoight (529 posts) -

Played about 5 hours worth, no bugs yet.  Only encountered wolves though, no cougars so far.  If anything, the chance to kill baby-eating sasquatches offsets any annoyances that might be present.

#16 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Did my 100% without glitches ever showing up. Honestly I can't think of one that popped up while playing.

#17 Posted by D3Micoils (3 posts) -
Just had a completely hilarious glitch occur whilst looking for a unicorn; through lack of attention to the game due to grabbing a CD I turned psychotic & started shooting everything in site including an innocent unicorn which I somehow failed to recognise. I peed my knickers knowing I'd just killed the animal which would bring a new outfit & as if that wasn't bad enough the poor creature decided to writhe around in agony & repeatedly leap 50m into the air instead of accepting fate at the knackers yard! The animal was lodged in it's frenzy forever! The only cure was to re-boot or re-load.

I've had a similar glitch with Red Dead Redemption when shooting bears & bucks. Upon being shot they jump a few metres into the sky before coming back to earth with a bump!
#18 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10470 posts) -

What are you complaining about? It made it easier to kill those pesky critters. 

#19 Posted by Yummylee (21244 posts) -
@keef said:
" Played about 5 hours worth, no bugs yet.  Only encountered wolves though, no cougars so far.  If anything, the chance to kill baby-eating sasquatches offsets any annoyances that might be present. "
#20 Posted by D3Micoils (3 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan: 

& not forgetting glitches can be amusing if you're not a hard-nosed & highly strung gaming connoisseur.
#21 Posted by BBQBram (2200 posts) -

I'm not elitist about bugs, I just want to be immersed. RDR is awesome, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be bummed about a bug. Although I realize a re-install should do the trick.

#22 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Haha, matrix cougar.

#23 Posted by ClaritySam (594 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" Haha, matrix cougar. "
What a terrifying thought.......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.