Can't change clothes

#1 Posted by leebmx (2244 posts) -

I've just got home to my ranch and went up to the attic and opened a box which gave my avatar a nice sombrero to wear, which was, y'know, nice. However I am now not given the opportunity to change outfits at any of my safe houses or at my campsite. This upsets me because I particularly like to cheat at Poker. 
  Is this a glitch, or have I missed something, and has anyone else noticed this and if so did it change back again?

#2 Posted by Borodin (416 posts) -

Sorry hombre, at that point in the game you're stuck wearing the ranch gear :( it's a bummer

#3 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -
#4 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

I noticed this too when I reloaded the game to complete the 100% and my last save was at the ranch.  Unfortunately, yes, you are forced to wear the rancher outfit.  Do the poker cheating after you finish the game. :)

#5 Posted by leebmx (2244 posts) -

God damn....surely my wife would like to see me look all smart in a suit......how boring. Thanks for the info tho.

#6 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -
#7 Posted by leebmx (2244 posts) -

Does it stop you from being able to complete the outfit sets....I have all the items for the American Army uniform but I can't buy the cloth from the tailor...it's there but I can't purchase it 

#8 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11031 posts) -

That part made me really angry. Well, just wait until after you beat the story, they'll be something else that could cause disgruntation (yes, I changed up the word disgruntle like that). I kept a save from before that though, meaning that even after completing the story, I could go back and explore at my leisure with John in the outfits that I liked.

Moderator Online

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.