Castor Canadensis

#1 Posted by jb335 (58 posts) -

Or in plain English, Beavers. Where the hell are they? I'm going nuts trying to find some around the tall trees area. Tips?

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11303 posts) -

Try looking near water. (Probably). That's where beavers are in real life. 

#3 Posted by IBurningStar (2187 posts) -

Look in her pants.

#4 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Stick to the river and keep pacing north and south along it. Also sometimes clicking the right stick while moving around makes animals spawn near you since they're supposed to spawn out of sight of the camera. Think cars in GTA4.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Open the map. Look for their picture. Hunt there. Easiest way to find anything. 

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Open the map. Look for their picture. Hunt there. Easiest way to find anything.  "
Yeah this too. Keep in mind the actual fold-out map that came inside the game box is better to do this because it has more logos and they're clearer to make out.
#7 Posted by jb335 (58 posts) -
@IBurningStar said:
" Look in her pants. "
I checked your mom's. No dice.

On another note: the map told me to look for them a little south of the Pacific Union Camp in the area of Montana Ford and Tanner's Span. I wandered around for a while, but didn't see a single beaver.

I finally hit paydirt on the road north of Bearclaw Camp. If you go off the road and head north, there's a ridge that basically overlooks the road. I found 6 beavers there within like 2 minutes. So that's the spot.

Thanks fer yer halp.
#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@jb335 said:
" @IBurningStar said:
" Look in her pants. "
I checked your mom's. No dice. On another note: the map told me to look for them a little south of the Pacific Union Camp in the area of Montana Ford and Tanner's Span. I wandered around for a while, but didn't see a single beaver.  I finally hit paydirt on the road north of Bearclaw Camp. If you go off the road and head north, there's a ridge that basically overlooks the road. I found 6 beavers there within like 2 minutes. So that's the spot.  Thanks fer yer halp. "
They are hard to spot in truth. And are normally just near the water or you can find them at random in the wild it is strange. 
#9 Posted by jb335 (58 posts) -

Yeah, I found one in the Great Plains, and was like "you don't belong here." So I killed it.

#10 Posted by RoboRobb (1052 posts) -

I'm always searching for Beavers, haven't had any luck yet :'( 

#11 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

I had great luck by the wrecked paddle boat in south great plains. If i remember correctly, they continuously spawned near a willow tree close to the riverboat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.