Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

F UUUUUUUUUUUUU RED DEAD REDEMPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

You may have read my previous blog post about my Legendary level 5 grinding attempts over the Red Dead Redemption 4th of July 4X experience weekend. Today I hit level 4 legendary and unlocked the super bull. Then I powered on through to level 30 of level 5 legendary, only 20 away from the coveted zebra donkey. My pain (and seriously, PAIN from my sore hands!!!) and misery would soon be over!! And then the unthinkable happened... 

I took a break, came back and tried to load the multiplayer. EVERY TIME I PRESS (X) THE LOADING SCREEN F*CKING FREEZES MY XBOX!!!!!!!! WHYY???????!!!!!! I rebooted everything several times, deleted the cache, everything! I even left the game out of the console for a couple of hours and NOTHING! Same thing happens over and over and over and over! Everything has been working fine, and then BAM! My boosting efforts are cut short! 

I looked on Rockstar's website and they say it could be caused by my NAT type. 1) It hasn't been a problem until now, 2) I've experienced the times when it kicks me out due to not being able to connect, and not ONCE has it completely FROZEN everything, and 3) I've already tried to open my NAT type and ports etc, but it never worked! So am I just never going to be able to play RDR ever again, let alone get the zebra donkey I've spend like 40 hours in 3 days to get???! 

F. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! 

Why does this happen to me?

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

You may have read my previous blog post about my Legendary level 5 grinding attempts over the Red Dead Redemption 4th of July 4X experience weekend. Today I hit level 4 legendary and unlocked the super bull. Then I powered on through to level 30 of level 5 legendary, only 20 away from the coveted zebra donkey. My pain (and seriously, PAIN from my sore hands!!!) and misery would soon be over!! And then the unthinkable happened... 

I took a break, came back and tried to load the multiplayer. EVERY TIME I PRESS (X) THE LOADING SCREEN F*CKING FREEZES MY XBOX!!!!!!!! WHYY???????!!!!!! I rebooted everything several times, deleted the cache, everything! I even left the game out of the console for a couple of hours and NOTHING! Same thing happens over and over and over and over! Everything has been working fine, and then BAM! My boosting efforts are cut short! 

I looked on Rockstar's website and they say it could be caused by my NAT type. 1) It hasn't been a problem until now, 2) I've experienced the times when it kicks me out due to not being able to connect, and not ONCE has it completely FROZEN everything, and 3) I've already tried to open my NAT type and ports etc, but it never worked! So am I just never going to be able to play RDR ever again, let alone get the zebra donkey I've spend like 40 hours in 3 days to get???! 

F. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! 

zagzagovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zagzagovich

You were a bad person in your past life.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous
    @SpawnMan said:
    Well now you're just leaving yourself open to sarcastic comments with that.
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpawnMan

:..(

Avatar image for beyond_the_infinite
    Beyond_the_infinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If it makes you feel better i played that game day and night when it first came out till i got my zebra donkey and i was so happy. i turned off the ps3 and the next day when i went to start a game my ps3 bricked...lost everything. havent touched it since.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpawnMan
    @Beyond_the_infinite: Why would that ever make me feel better?? My fate will probably be the same. If it IS caused by my NAT type I am f*cking screwed because it's always been a problem. But it's never been THIS big a problem! : (
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Grissefar

If it makes you feel better, you weren't going to use that Zebra donkey anyways. You would just have used it for 20 minutes before you turned off the xbox, never to play Red Dead again. That's how these things always go, prestige 10, High Warlord, 1000/1000, you name it. Once you reach the carrot, you don't care about the stick anymore. Just be happy that you were very interested in the multiplayer for a little while :)

Avatar image for beyond_the_infinite
    Beyond_the_infinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Nat type is always messed up on 360. Even after opening the ports. Whats weird is that if i unplug my router for 15 secs and then turn it back on it goes back to an open NAT type. Try that.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Yeah RDR can be a bitch with multiplayer.
    Many a time I've been playing with chaps for a while and suddenly I can't connect to their party/game and get dropped out.
    Or the loading -> back to dashboard thing, real handy when fighting sheriffs with a friend who thought you had his back.

I got no solutions tho, sorry.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

Multiplayer games suck soft dicks that want to be hard as in core hard. I played the singleplayer like a flute and traded it in.

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Bombs_Away

I don't play online and don't understand anything you just said...

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Skald

The way you type... it's incredibly annoying.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Have you tried cleaning you cache?

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpawnMan
    @Mr_Skeleton: I cleaned that cache like I clean my assh*le. Well. Very well. I cleaned it with a hose and rubber gloves. 

@Beyond_the_infinite: I just looked at it and tried to plug my xbox directly into the internet for FULL RAW POWER but what the f*ck, the little plug isn't even the same damn type!!!!!  

@Grissefar
    : That is a lie good sir! I play even after the carrot is eaten and digested! I'd be r*ping newbs in free roam with my buffalo rifle, high powered pistol, granny and zebra donkey if it wasn't for this, LONG after I'd have unlocked them. I got Seriously... on Gears of War after like 2 years playing, and I still play the game even to this day!
    Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Bombs_Away
    @SpawnMan said:
    @Mr_Skeleton: I cleaned that cache like I clean my assh*le. Well. Very well. I cleaned it with a hose and rubber gloves. 

I think we've found the problem.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I think you have some anger management problems.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Phr4nk0

Dude I don't want to fuck you over more but I heard that when you clear your cache it resets your multiplayer rank. So even if you manage to get back online you might be back at square 1...
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Origina1Penguin

@SpawnMan: Have you tried loading single player? Pause during single player and scroll down to multiplayer, then start a private match from there and see what happens.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Brendan

@Claude said:

Multiplayer games suck soft dicks that want to be hard as in core hard. I played the singleplayer like a flute and traded it in.

That was gay in a way that I can get behind!

Get it!?! :D

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it installed to your hard drive?  I had loading-screen freeze ups with other 360 games (namely Darksiders) and it worked fine after I installed it to my hard drive.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Ramone

I didn't think anyone still played RDR online. Anyway, back on topic, ha.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SpawnMan
    @Origina1Penguin said:

@SpawnMan: Have you tried loading single player? Pause during single player and scroll down to multiplayer, then start a private match from there and see what happens.

See my comment below.... 

@xobballox said:
    Is it installed to your hard drive?  I had loading-screen freeze ups with over 360 games (namely Darksiders) and it worked fine after I installed it to my hard drive.
     Well, I installed it into my hard drive. But then I tried the multiplayer, same problem. The I tried this suggestion AND SINGLE PLAYER ISN'T EVEN WORKING NOW!!!!!! FFS! So I guess it wasn't a problem with my NAT at all! I looked at the disc and it's not damaged. Halo Reach and Gears of War still work. It's either the game itself or something wrong with how an update etc... SIGH!
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Will single player start under a different profile?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That really sucks.  I don't know what to tell you.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really love being bewildered by terminology I have no grasp of. 

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpawnMan

Good news everyone! Rockstar suggested I delete the game options, clear the cache and then reboot the game, redownloading the title updates. Success!!!! YAY! It now works perfectly and I didn't lose any multiplayer experience or saves. So if anyone else ever has this problem, this is what you need to do. : ) 

No extra exp points though for my pain and suffering!! : (

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@SpawnMan: Wait you seriously didn't try to remove the game completely (aside from the saves) before this?

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpawnMan
    @Mr_Skeleton: No, why would I? I have no experience in such things and people had warned me that it could remove your exp. Besides, I didn't remove it completely - only the options.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.