Game Breaking Bugs?

#1 Posted by TheJoker138 (80 posts) -

I have this on 360.  When not installed, it runs ok.  I've gotten a weird glitch a couple of times where it won't bring up the map/menu/anything and I have to quit to the dashboard and then restart it, but other than it, it's fine.  But when I install it, it crashes almost instantly with several different glitches every time.  Anyone else getting weird problems like that?

#2 Posted by g00ber (91 posts) -

I can't get past the main menu into the game. Freezes everytime.  I've gotten to the cutscene one time, but it froze quickly.  I've installed it to the hard drive too.  Sucks because I ordered it off Amazon. Now it's gonna be a pain in the ass to exchange it and it probably won't even help

NOTE: All my other games work fine, so I'm leaning towards it not being a hardware issue.

#3 Posted by handlas (2679 posts) -

PS3 version has it's share of bugs as well.  I've only had one occur that was significant where my game just quit out by itself.  I was playing, the screen went black, and I was back at the PS3 menu.  Only happened once.

More-so there are bugs in MP with your character completely disappearing for no apparent reason in free roam.  Gotta quit out of the game and join again to fix it it seems. 

#4 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

This is all pretty typical day one bug stuff. I have faith that a patch is on its way.

#5 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

After trying multiple times to link my Social Club account and failing, I tried joining some friends sessions that were already going on, and it failed overtime at that as well. Then, it proceeded to perpetually show the loading screen until I quit to the dashboard. Fun game, though.

#6 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -

I can't access my preoder content, every time it tries to access the Rockstar servers it times out. Aside from that I've had a few freezes and occasional stutters. While this game doesn't give the impression of being held together technically by super-glue like other games with the same symptoms, it still needs a few more patches. Aside from that I've had no issues so far. 

#7 Posted by rhesusattack (1 posts) -

I had to reload the game and lose a ton of progress because the button interface stopped appearing on my screen.  This is the second time now, not to mention the variety of other bugs I've experienced so far.

#8 Posted by Nock (226 posts) -

I got into a stage couch and paid to take off and then it wouldn't go, nor would it let me get out.

#9 Edited by AllenV86 (150 posts) -

i accepted a duel in armadillo, went to the duel spot screen went black music kept playing and i couldn't even go to the PS menu cause the PS button didn't even work, had to restart the console, that's the only thing that happened to me so far, been playing bugless so far

Allen :p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.