Gun Duel

#1 Posted by Nock (226 posts) -

Ok let's start this off by saying I already know I'm dumb for not figuring this out, but how the hell do you get into a duel? Do you have to be really famous or something?

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Nock:  From what i know : 

• In single player, you'll have to be notorious/famous for someone to challenge you 
  • in multiplayer, it always begins with a mexican stand off
#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

People will just start calling you out sometimes and you can duel them.

#4 Edited by yyZiggurat (1016 posts) -

Both of my duels were at Thieves Landing.  Just a tip:  you don't have to kill them if you shoot their gun; helps of you're doing the goodguy route.

#5 Posted by Nock (226 posts) -

Ok that's kinda what I thought, thank you.

#6 Posted by myslead (929 posts) -

gun + hat = win

#7 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -
@myslead said:
" gun + hat = win "
I have not figured out how to do this yet!! Ack!
#8 Posted by TheHT (11260 posts) -
@mordecaix7 said:
" @myslead said:
" gun + hat = win "
I have not figured out how to do this yet!! Ack! "
lol i was chasing a bounty and accidentally shot the hat off one of his buddies. The guy just said something like 'oh dangit!' then slouched back behind cover (i shot his leg before).

some dude in armadillo called me over and spat tobacco on my shoe. marston was all 'someone needs to teach you a lesson' when i accepted the duel. just keep an eye out for people waving you down.

@HomemadeZiggurat said:
" Both of my duels were at Thieves Landing.  Just a tip:  you don't have to kill them if you shoot their gun; helps of you're doing the goodguy route. "

lmao yeah i shot the dude in the arm and he dropped his revolver, turned around, and bolted outta town. so great.
#9 Posted by myslead (929 posts) -
@mordecaix7: I believe you have to shoot the hat first and then the gun 

because when I aim at the gun first, it fills the meter and shoots right away
#10 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -

So yeah i haven't gotten my copy yet, so how do you control during a duel ? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.