I Met Jose Gonzalez Last Night.

Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Aside from Red Dead Redemption's wonderful methods of storytelling, it also introduced me to the great music of Jose Gonzalez.  After hearing Gonzalez's song 'Far Away' during the middle section of the game, I immediately went onto iTunes and bought both of his albums, along with his band Junip's album once it was released. 

Last night Junip played at a local club and a few friends and I went there, and were lucky enough to stumble upon Jose Gonzalez as he was speaking with a t-shirt vendor. 

I'm the dude wearing the leather jacket next to Jose Gonzalez

Junip is the shit.

#1 Edited by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Aside from Red Dead Redemption's wonderful methods of storytelling, it also introduced me to the great music of Jose Gonzalez.  After hearing Gonzalez's song 'Far Away' during the middle section of the game, I immediately went onto iTunes and bought both of his albums, along with his band Junip's album once it was released. 

Last night Junip played at a local club and a few friends and I went there, and were lucky enough to stumble upon Jose Gonzalez as he was speaking with a t-shirt vendor. 

I'm the dude wearing the leather jacket next to Jose Gonzalez

Junip is the shit.

#2 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (437 posts) -

This is really good stuff, thanks for sharing.

#3 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Cool, man. Didn't know Junip was his band.

#4 Posted by BBQBram (2199 posts) -

Will check Junip out, thanks for the heads up!

#5 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Awesome man, I've been a long time fan of Jose ever since I saw that Sony Bravia advert on tv years ago.

#6 Posted by Yummylee (21208 posts) -

Noice one!

#7 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

To the left. Just to be clear, that means you're the bald-er guy? It seems more fitting that you're the guy on his right.

#8 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I'm definitely going to check out this. 

I meant to after finishing RDR but completely forgot, thanks for bringing this up again. 

Also, as someone who is learning acoustic guitar it seems like good 'inspirational' music.

#9 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

That's pretty cool.

#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

Lucky lucky. 

That guy seems pretty cool.

#11 Posted by AndrewPerkins (18 posts) -

I found out about Jose Gonzalez from listening to Zero 7, an English electronicia duo for which Jose has written and performed with. His stuff is magical. Listen to him.... NOW!!!

#12 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@FunExplosions: I'm the dude standing directly to his left in the photo, not his actual left.
#13 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Oh yeah, I drew a picture of a penis then put it next to that guy from Metallica's crotch.  Yeah! 

Just kidding.  Not really him.  Or is it?
#14 Posted by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -

Dude's a great singer.

#15 Posted by yyZiggurat (1012 posts) -

That's awesome.  Did you mention how you discovered his music?

#16 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I need to replay the game, I got pushed off the horse during the song and it stopped playing, which really annoyed me.

#17 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Sounds fantastic. Looking into getting that album now.

#18 Edited by empfeix (774 posts) -
@AndrewPerkins said:

" I found out about Jose Gonzalez from listening to Zero 7, an English electronicia duo for which Jose has written and performed with. His stuff is magical. Listen to him.... NOW!!! "

Just to add to that, please do not skip on zero 7 if you like him, they are amazing.
#19 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
@empfeix said:
@AndrewPerkins said:

I found out about Jose Gonzalez from listening to Zero 7, an English electronicia duo for which Jose has written and performed with. His stuff is magical. Listen to him.... NOW!!!

Just to add to that, please do not skip on zero 7 if you like him, they are amazing.
Thanks for the heads up on Zero 7. I've checked out some of their stuff and it is great.
#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

nice music

#21 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

That's awesome. Jose Gonzalez is great, and Junip's release is good too. I was pretty glad to hear him in RDR. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.