Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

is anybody else having some significant loading problems with UN?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

I'm on the 360 with the actual RDR installed and Undead Nightmare is giving me some loading problems. I'll ride into a town and my horse (War) will skip ahead and "swim" through the ground. Then pop back up when the town's textures load in. 

I just got back into Blackwater from New Austin and the town wasn't loaded correctly with any detail and the "zombies" were just regular humans. I hit start and then went back into the game and the town  loaded right and the humans got their zombie layer. 

Animations skip and stutter when I loot corpses or open chests. 

The Map screen will come up without the actual map, just the controls. 

Occasionally I'll try and switch weapons but the game can't load that right either and Marston will just put up his fists...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Sounds like a typical stroll through RDR to me. Although they don't happen as frequent as maybe you're trying to convey, Undead Nightmare still does alot more glaring glitchs over the default RDR.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Abyssfull: No I am serious, when I bring up the map 7 times out of ten when I hit start and press A the map will not display. 

I've had the weapon thing happen to me about 3 times in 2 different cities (Armadillo and Blackwater). And the horse swimming through the ground happened in Blackwater, Thieve's Landing, Armadillo, and when I just got back to Blackwater because it got invaded again. 

I'm only about 3 hours in and I just got out of New Elizabeth and saved Armadillo. 

The regular RDR never did anything so severe to me when I played. I've had a horse glitch on me or get Marston stuck somewhere but that's it.
    ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By ZimboDK

No, but I rode into... the town with the Marshal. I couldn't talk to him until after 30 seconds. Also, the texture streaming is not always fast enough. I've had a couple of cutscenes where the characters in the first five seconds had low quality textures on their face and hands, and it would suddenly just pop up with the proper texture.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @ZimboDK: Yeah when I first walked into New Austin I didn't get a message saying that unencountered towns were added to my map and I walked into the Marshall's office and he went broken guy on me and just stared at the wall standing up with his arms out, broken man Game Room style.
    Scapegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Scapegoat

Wow these types of issues sound like playing San Andreas back on the PS2??? I seriously never had ANY such issues with my hours spend in Red Dead. 

Could it be that since you are playing with the game installed you have loading problems as it must load both parts of the base game off and the addon both from the HDD? You could try deleting the install and playing off the disc and see if it helps.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Scapegoat: Yeah that's what I was thinking, just wondering if someone who had this problem happen fixed by say deleting the DLC and reinstalling it or clearing the cache.  

It just happened to me again in Thieve's Landing on the way back to New Austin, it didn't have any detail and when I walked into the saloon to open a chest there wasn't any detail. It was just a blue room that gradually had furniture, lighting, and texture added to it. 
    lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By lucas_kelly

Yeah I'm getting some bad lag here and there, which is strange because I never had a problem with the original.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @lucas_kelly: Same exact boat. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.