Is GiantBomb sitting this one out?

• 0 results
#1 Posted by MaskSalesman (1 posts) -

I think the game may have come out today.

#2 Posted by Milkman (16770 posts) -
#3 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

I think this is a joke thread. The guy only has one post.

#4 Posted by Microsteve (10 posts) -

Yeah some game sites throw a big hissy fit if they don't get a free copy so then everybody signs up with their market competitors to read/watch the reviews. Well done Giantbomb really smart move lol....Not! 

#5 Posted by Milkman (16770 posts) -
@Microsteve said:
" Yeah some game sites throw a big hissy fit if they don't get a free copy so then everybody signs up with their market competitors to read/watch the reviews. Well done Giantbomb really smart move lol....Not!  "
....What? Who's throwing a "hissy fit"?
#6 Posted by Timmmycap (43 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" @Microsteve said:
" Yeah some game sites throw a big hissy fit if they don't get a free copy so then everybody signs up with their market competitors to read/watch the reviews. Well done Giantbomb really smart move lol....Not!  "
....What? Who's throwing a "hissy fit"? "
GB is throwing a "hissy Fit" because they didn't get a review copy of the game 
I agree with Marksalesman, they are sitting this one out because they got snubbed by rockstar
#7 Posted by Milkman (16770 posts) -
@Timmmycap: What the hell are you talking about? They haven't even mentioned the game so I don't see how they're throwing a "hissy fit" and they're not sitting anything out. The review is just coming later because they have to, you know, play the game.
#8 Edited by Timmmycap (43 posts) -
@Milkman:  ok so Split/seconds review is out now? POP: the forgotten sands review is out now, they may or may not have gotten those game early but still could post them today. so they had until midnight last night to play the game and post a review, it is now 8:43 pacific time, that is 20 hours and 45 min to play and review? that is a really long time.
#9 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

I think we can all agree on one thing. Giant Bomb is bias.

#10 Posted by Timmmycap (43 posts) -
@FreakAche: now why would you say that? 
#11 Posted by rivaldi22 (112 posts) -
@Timmmycap: 

Clearly you've never tried to review a long game whilst having other responsibilities.
#12 Edited by Jeust (10631 posts) -
@Timmmycap:  

it isn't if you're playing, reviewing, spell checking, making sure it's prim and proper, and posting it. It takes a while. 

Be patient, RDR is a big game, that takes time to experience in all its aspects. And they need to SLEEP also. :p 

@MaskSalesman:  

Your nick also is interesting... Are connect by any chance to Rockstar?
#13 Edited by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

What the fuck are any of you talking about? 

Brad is playing through it as we speak... 

Fuck, this is the internet, people.  Learn to goddamn use it and stop starting drama. 

Milkman, thank you for having some level of intelligence. 

My guess would be they decided to knock Prince of Persia and Split/Second out of the way so they could get to the beefy beast that is RDR. 

BTW, Ryan is currently playing through Blur, so please refrain from starting the "are they sitting this one out" thread for that game later on...

#14 Posted by Milkman (16770 posts) -
@Timmmycap said:
" @Milkman:  ok so Split/seconds review is out now? POP: the forgotten sands review is out now, they may or may not have gotten those game early but still could post them today. so they had until midnight last night to play the game and post a review, it is now 8:43 pacific time, that is 20 hours and 45 min to play and review? that is a really long time. "
Dude, what? In order to review a game, you need to finish it. First off, I doubt they went out at midnight to get it. And second, even if they did, do you honestly expect them to play the game for 20 straight hours to get the review up today?
#15 Posted by Toxin066 (3287 posts) -

This thread is silly.

#16 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

They said during I Love Mondays that they would be going over it this week.

No need to worry.

#17 Posted by Timmmycap (43 posts) -

OH what drama!!

#18 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

@Timmmycap
I was just making fun of the typical reaction that the people of the internet have to a review site that they are dissatisfied with.

#19 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -

It sounds like we got a copy of the game today (I ordered one, but one showed up from the publisher, as well), but I'm not sure if we'll review it. There are a lot of other games coming out and by the time we get around to Red Dead, it won't be a particularly timely review. It's just sort of bad timing between us not getting the game until the day it hit stores and me being out of the office for this entire week. At this rate, I'd start on it no earlier than Saturday, which in turn makes our UFC review late, which then probably makes our Alpha Protocol review late. I'm not sure if it's worth the huge domino effect of lateness just to weigh in on a game that everyone's already covered. We'll see.

I'm sure a few of us will play at least some of it and we'll talk about it on the podcast for a bit next week.

Staff
#20 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" What the fuck are any of you talking about? 

Brad is playing through it as we speak...  Fuck, this is the internet, people.  Learn to goddamn use it and stop starting drama "
Yes. If you don't know how to cyber stalk, you should stay off the internet.
#21 Posted by Timmmycap (43 posts) -

thanks Citizenkane, I guess I should have watched I love mondays!!

#22 Posted by FixerofDeath (308 posts) -
@Jeff said:
"It sounds like we got a copy of the game today (I ordered one, but one showed up from the publisher, as well), but I'm not sure if we'll review it. There are a lot of other games coming out and by the time we get around to Red Dead, it won't be a particularly timely review. It's just sort of bad timing between us not getting the game until the day it hit stores and me being out of the office for this entire week. At this rate, I'd start on it no earlier than Saturday, which in turn makes our UFC review late, which then probably makes our Alpha Protocol review late. I'm not sure if it's worth the huge domino effect of lateness just to weigh in on a game that everyone's already covered. We'll see.I'm sure a few of us will play at least some of it and we'll talk about it on the podcast for a bit next week. "

Ugh, but we need the official GB opinion before we can buy the game (at least I do).
#23 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -
@FixerofDeath said:
" @Jeff said:
"It sounds like we got a copy of the game today (I ordered one, but one showed up from the publisher, as well), but I'm not sure if we'll review it. There are a lot of other games coming out and by the time we get around to Red Dead, it won't be a particularly timely review. It's just sort of bad timing between us not getting the game until the day it hit stores and me being out of the office for this entire week. At this rate, I'd start on it no earlier than Saturday, which in turn makes our UFC review late, which then probably makes our Alpha Protocol review late. I'm not sure if it's worth the huge domino effect of lateness just to weigh in on a game that everyone's already covered. We'll see.I'm sure a few of us will play at least some of it and we'll talk about it on the podcast for a bit next week. "
Ugh, but we need the official GB opinion before we can buy the game (at least I do). "
listen to the podcast and see if they like it?
#24 Edited by Milkman (16770 posts) -
@Jeff:  Well, I don't know if you're aware but Brad is playing through it right now. So, maybe they said "screw that Jeff guy" and gave the review to Brad while you were gone?
#25 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@FixerofDeath said:
" @Jeff said:
Ugh, but we need the official GB opinion before we can buy the game (at least I do). "
It seems GB has no opinion. Maybe the upcoming QL will be neutral and long enough to provide you with enough info to make your own decision.
#26 Posted by Jeust (10631 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" @Jeff:  Well, I don't know if you're aware but Brad is playing through it right now. So, maybe they said "screw that Jeff guy" while you were gone? "
Or he's addicted to the game...  

I bet Jeff is aware if he needs to be. Lately everything is turning to a drama.  
#27 Edited by illmatic19 (964 posts) -
@Jeff: Quick look and TNT?

Please.
#28 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -

Eh, if it is a late review, it wouldn't be the first. The FFXIII review was over 2 weeks late. Brad could've NOT review it, but he did.
#29 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

Maybe they didn't want Jeff to talk about how vulgar and dirty it is.

#30 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @FixerofDeath said:
" @Jeff said:
It seems GB has no opinion. Maybe the upcoming QL will be neutral and long enough to provide you with enough info to make your own decision. "
A QL is absolutely NOT a good way to get information for a game. You can't judge a game by it's quick look. EVER.
#31 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
@Egg0 said:
" Eh, if it is a late review, it wouldn't be the first. The FFXIII review was over 2 weeks late. Brad could've NOT review it, but he did. "
Reviews like that one are precisely why I'm not committing to an RDR review at this time.
Staff
#32 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -

It also doesn't help that they gave you guys a review copy on launch day.
#33 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" @Egg0 said:
" Eh, if it is a late review, it wouldn't be the first. The FFXIII review was over 2 weeks late. Brad could've NOT review it, but he did. "
Reviews like that one are precisely why I'm not committing to an RDR review at this time. "
Exactly. Unless you want the GB crew to die of the stresses from overworking.
#34 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops:  Dude half these guys could die from heart stress just reaching for their controllers......
Ban in 3....2.....1.....eeeekkk!
#35 Edited by handlas (2678 posts) -

We will get a lovely quick look tho...right?  Me hopes?

Or would it be too spoilerish.  How bout an MP quick look.  The MP is really fun.  Free Roam is my fav but thus far I'm enjoying all the MP games.

#36 Posted by JDDrewes (250 posts) -

I mean, hey, pretty much everyone knows what to expect from this game anyways. If you liked GTA, then you'll probably love this. 
It's already been given about a dozen perfect scores on metacritic. I think that it's clear that this would've gotten 5 stars anyways 
and if you didn't like GTA4, then you probably won't like this.

#37 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" @jakob187 said:
" What the fuck are any of you talking about? 

Brad is playing through it as we speak...  Fuck, this is the internet, people.  Learn to goddamn use it and stop starting drama "
Yes. If you don't know how to cyber stalk, you should stay off the internet. "
Hell, they offer the information on this very site.  lol
#38 Edited by handlas (2678 posts) -
@JDDrewes said:

" I mean, hey, pretty much everyone knows what to expect from this game anyways. If you liked GTA, then you'll probably love this. It's already been given about a dozen perfect scores on metacritic. I think that it's clear that this would've gotten 5 stars anyways and if you didn't like GTA4, then you probably won't like this. "

honestly I'm not a huge fan of GTA4.  I never finished it.  Red Dead, on the other hand, I'm already completely in love with.  The world feels more....real...I guess, and vast.  Being able to see for literally miles and know what I see far far away...I can actually go there, is amazing.

The shooting is so much more fun imo, one shot to the head for a kill.  The cover system is so much better as well.  No more hitting a button to get out of cover it automatically firing...it's more like Gears or something now where you peak out and then fire.  I think that is the best part, the combat is more fun and hence the game is so much more enjoyable to play.
#39 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

GiantBomb needs to employ an Alex Navarro - not Alex Navarro, but a dude who just pumps out reviews and nothing else.

#40 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Timmmycap said:
" @Milkman:  ok so Split/seconds review is out now? POP: the forgotten sands review is out now, they may or may not have gotten those game early but still could post them today. so they had until midnight last night to play the game and post a review, it is now 8:43 pacific time, that is 20 hours and 45 min to play and review? that is a really long time. "
 Have you ever worked in Journalism? For a start the game itself takes about 20 hours to complete, leaving 45 minutes to write a well written, balanced and fair review? 

In the words of one Vincent Caravella, "FORGETTA BOUT IT"
#41 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -
@Microsteve: I'm generally not a fan of one word replies but I'll make an exception in your case.  Cunt.
#42 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Jeff:  I'd rather you guys kept the other upcoming reviews timely and passed opinion on Red Dead on the Bombcast. Don't sweat it and cause a backlog just to satisfy some whiners on the forums.
#43 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Zero_ said:
" GiantBomb needs to employ an Alex Navarro - not Alex Navarro, but a dude who just pumps out reviews and nothing else. "
Also, yeah I will totally be that guy. I want to move out to the US and work for GB, what do you think my chances are? 

I'll just be an Office Hand if nothing else is needed! 
#44 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Nobody loves GB more than me, but if you need the opinion of 1 site (whatever it is) to make a purchase decision, especially when its being critically acclaimed everywhere, there's something wrong with you. If it looks like a horse, sounds like a horse and smells like a horse...its probably a fucking horse, not a zebra

#45 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" Nobody loves GB more than me, but if you need the opinion of 1 site (whatever it is) to make a purchase decision, especially when its being critically acclaimed everywhere, there's something wrong with you. If it looks like a horse, sounds like a horse and smells like a horse...its probably a fucking horse, not a zebra "
What if its the offspring of a horse and Zebra  

*100% agree about that 1 site thing.* 
#46 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@3YearsToPlay said:
" @Jeff: So far the game seems to be making a big splash with some high reviews, I think it would be good for GB's catalouge to include a review for a game that seems like a lot of people are going to play. I know one of the first things I did when I visited this site was look at reviews of older games to see if I agreed with yalls opinions. (in general) Also, this may be a sign that you fellas may need to hire another person. @visualninja  would be a great addition to your team. Thanks for a great (fun & helpful) website. "
Your @Jeff made me laugh for some reason. 
#47 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @3YearsToPlay said:
" @Jeff: So far the game seems to be making a big splash with some high reviews, I think it would be good for GB's catalouge to include a review for a game that seems like a lot of people are going to play. I know one of the first things I did when I visited this site was look at reviews of older games to see if I agreed with yalls opinions. (in general) Also, this may be a sign that you fellas may need to hire another person. @visualninja  would be a great addition to your team. Thanks for a great (fun & helpful) website. "
Your @Jeff made me laugh for some reason.  "
well, you ARE the laughing man
#48 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @3YearsToPlay said:
Your @Jeff made me laugh for some reason.  "
well, you ARE the laughing man "
It would look good on BGS catalouge is when I started to laugh. 
#49 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@Jeff: That's kind of a shame. The game comes out Friday here in the UK and I really wanted your opinion of it because the game's only just come into my radar the last couple days and I wanted to know if I should get it or not. If you feel the a timely review of UFC is more important then I guess that's the decision you have to make.
#50 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@3YearsToPlay said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:  Well here is another one for you, more personal this time. I just hit "reply", is that a rookie GB mistake? I hate people who jump in and mess up a good thing! "
Quoting is much more fun. And how is that personal? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.