Just entered Mexico...

#1 Posted by Newjack (232 posts) -

...and that Jose Gonzalez song fits so well. Fuck me Rockstar know how to make some memorable moments.

#2 Posted by FireBurger (1479 posts) -

Yeah, that was pretty sweet. The fact that there were no other songs with lyrics to that point really made it stand out. I don't know if I got lucky, or if it's always that way, but I got there right as the sun was going down, which made riding up to the cliffs and looking around that much cooler.

#3 Posted by Newjack (232 posts) -

Same here! I wonder if they forced it to that time of day or it's just a coincidence. Most missions seem to stay in the time that you start them in.

#4 Posted by Canberra (1065 posts) -

Get your poncho!    

#5 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

That song went on when it was raining! IT WAS AWESOME

#6 Posted by J0n3s1 (289 posts) -

I acciedently rode my horse to death and I didn't here that song..

#7 Posted by Pie (7111 posts) -

It was good while it lasted but it stopped when I talked to a stranger, would of liked it to of gone on a bit longer

#8 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

btw was there a song for entering Black water? Because i fast traveled there

#9 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

I'll think you'll be satisfied when you get to the ending lots of songs that pop up during some emotional scenes.

#10 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@luce said:
" btw was there a song for entering Black water? Because i fast traveled there "
there wasnt
#11 Posted by Newjack (232 posts) -
@Canberra said:
"

Get your poncho!    

"
Poncho acquired!
#12 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

It really was an immense moment, does anyone know the name of the song though?

#13 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -
@WalkerTR77 said:
" It really was an immense moment, does anyone know the name of the song though? "
Yes, I would like to know too, do want.
#14 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2866 posts) -

Mexico? 

Spoilers!?

#15 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@weegieanawrench said:

" @WalkerTR77 said:

" It really was an immense moment, does anyone know the name of the song though? "

Yes, I would like to know too, do want. "
@WalkerTR77 said:

Far Away by Jose Gonzalez 
#16 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Yeah, it was good until I decided to set up a campsite and the song stopped playing :|

#17 Posted by Evilsbane (4738 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @weegieanawrench said:

" @WalkerTR77 said:

Yes, I would like to know too, do want. "
@WalkerTR77 said:

Far Away by Jose Gonzalez  "
The music in this game is fantastic, the only song I wish that had been snuck into was Ectasy of Gold that would have been sweet.
#18 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -
@Evilsbane:  I've been listening to a whole lot of Ennio Morricone since I bought this game. Also they did a really great job with the soundtrack, it's really evocative of once upon a time in the west for me.
#19 Posted by Freqtal (96 posts) -

Entered Mexico some 10 minutes after reading this, it was a great moment. Stopped half way at the bridge crossing and just panned the camera around looking at the landscape, setting the perfect mood. The sun was going down for me too.

@WalkerTR77 said:

Jose Gonzalez - Far Away. It's on the soundtrack.
#20 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4987 posts) -
@Canberra said:
"

Get your poncho!    

"
Damn straight.
#21 Edited by CapnThrash (145 posts) -

i crossed into mexico in the middle of the night.  song was perfect with moonlight.

#22 Posted by Gabriel (4081 posts) -

When I hit that point I thought to myself, wow this games pretty good like really good.

#23 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -
@CL60: Thanks duder!
#24 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@weegieanawrench said:
" @CL60: Thanks duder! "
No problemo!
#25 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

This is kind of a bummer. Everyone is talking about this awesome song in Mexico... and I didn't get a song when I played. When did it trigger? After leaving a certain friend at the border? Or when you got on a horse? Considering I've done a few missions in Mexico already, I've probably missed my chance.

Is there anywhere online I could listen to it? It's not the same, I know. But at least I would get a picture what I was missing out on.

#26 Edited by mrfizzy (1555 posts) -
@Sarumarine: it triggers as you hop on your horse and ride away from the dock. played for me all the way as i rode through mexico to get to my first mission there. can listen to it here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IkvAb6THQY 

EDIT: DO NOT LOOK AT THE COMMENTS ON THAT YOUTUBE VIDEO, APPARENTLY SOMEONE SPOILS THE ENDING. video itself is fine tho. 
#27 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Sarumarine said:

" This is kind of a bummer. Everyone is talking about this awesome song in Mexico... and I didn't get a song when I played. When did it trigger? After leaving a certain friend at the border? Or when you got on a horse? Considering I've done a few missions in Mexico already, I've probably missed my chance.  Is there anywhere online I could listen to it? It's not the same, I know. But at least I would get a picture what I was missing out on. "

Triggered for me when I hopped on my horse. And played up until I got the first mission.
#28 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

the game played the song after "and the truth will set you free" so fitting

#29 Edited by LeBart (302 posts) -

Best moment I've seen in a game for a long long time. How they lowered the sound effects and ambient volume to make the song and landscape stand out even more was brilliant. 
What a genius way to have the game tell a story while you're playing it. 

The game went from being awesome to simply unforgettable.

#30 Posted by CallMeRotten (229 posts) -

I didn't hear any special song when I got into mexico, just the usual background music (which is awesome).

#31 Posted by Mmmslash (2170 posts) -

I also didn't get this tune when I entered Mexico.

#32 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Same here, just entered mexico and the song is perfect....sets the mood just right.  Sun is setting and looks great .

#33 Posted by Sin4profit (3003 posts) -

yeah, that was a really good sequence...later on in the game it seems like another vocal song was about to start but it glitched out on me so i kinda lost that moment on the second round.

#34 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

It was pretty damn awesome. I threw on my duster for the two missions before and did it late at night when it was raining. When I got to Mexico and the song started playing, it was dawn and the rain had stopped. I don't think I could have had better luck. 

#35 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

It's on itunes if anyone is looking to support the amazing artist that is Jose Gonzalez

#36 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Yup, really liked that part. Definitely something I'll remember from this game. Rockstar knows how to make a game.

#37 Edited by schizogony (977 posts) -

Everybody is going to feel the need to mention it on podcasts this week.

#38 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -
@mrfizzy: @CL60: 
Oh okay. Thanks for the song. Yeah, it's a damn shame I didn't trigger that or whatever. Maybe it has something to do with the horse.
#39 Posted by walter_sobchak (139 posts) -

Yeah, both me and my friend never had that song play for us. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IkvAb6THQY

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.