Master Hunter Rank 10 Problems

#1 Posted by GioVANNI (1288 posts) -

So I hunted the wolf and the bear and I've searched Stillwater Creek up and down and can't seem to find it.  I haven't even spotted it.

#2 Posted by Mesklinite (807 posts) -

I was searching near blackwater. The boar is actually near thieve's landing. Maybe you did the same mistake?
#3 Posted by GioVANNI (1288 posts) -

Yeah, I've searched near Thieves' Landing too, I can't seem to spot it.

#4 Posted by GioVANNI (1288 posts) -

I'll look around some more, but I've scanned that general area for the past couple of hours.

#5 Posted by yyZiggurat (1018 posts) -

Keep looking around Stillwater Creek.  That's where it says the boar is, and that's where you'll find the boar.  It took me a while but just have some patience, leave the area and come back later.

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Try using some bait near the campfire or a little bit north. It showed up pretty quickly for me. Don't run around too much. Stay still for a bit and camp to advance to the next day if you need to.

#7 Edited by Ujio (565 posts) -

You can't find boar? There's a shitload up in Tall Trees.

#8 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -
@Ujio:  for the final stages of the hunter quest you have to find legendary one of a kind creatures, he's talking about the special boar creature.
#9 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

i found the boar right next to the house the man from "Flowers for a Lady" was by

#10 Posted by Yummylee (22066 posts) -

I don't have any advice...though I will say this...the level 10 challenge rewards are LAAAAAAME!! ='( 

#11 Posted by Ujio (565 posts) -
@cap123 said:
" @Ujio:  for the final stages of the hunter quest you have to find legendary one of a kind creatures, he's talking about the special boar creature. "
Huh. Sorry. My mistake then. I'm only on rank 8 for the hunter challenge.
#12 Posted by Downandout (290 posts) -

Have a look near the rail tracks I found him along them

#13 Posted by Crash_Happy (724 posts) -

You're just going to have to keep searching and hope it's not broken.

#14 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Hunting can be a pain sometimes. I spent hours last night looking for coyotes and killed about 12 wolves instead.

#15 Posted by Ujio (565 posts) -

Yeah, the game has this terrific tendency to know which animal you are hunting and it kindly tells you to F off by NOT spawning it; and if it does it'll spawn ONE in half-hour increments. But as soon as you don't need that animal anymore all of sudden they're fucking EVERYWHERE.

Kinda annoying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.