Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Multiplayer frustration

Avatar image for holographic_charizard
    Holographic_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Has anyone else run into sessions where you keep spawning in a field while a couple other people keep riding around and killing you repeatedly, I have no problem with people fighting in the towns, but if I'm trying to get on a god damned donkey in the middle of the field, clearly I'm not trying to fight. It got really frustrating and it has happened twice now where it got so ridiculous I just left that session

Holographic_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

runs-ons yes I know, just had to vent a lil bit

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ryax

thats the rockstar online for you. thats why you just gotta get some friends together and play that way. if you want to fight you fight. want to roam you roam.  

what console you on?

Ryanparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ryanparty

I recommend planting some C4.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DukesT3
    @Ryanparty said:
    " I recommend planting some C4. "
    Yes.
    Holographic_Charizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ryax:  I'm on the 360, and haven't been able to play much because it keeps saying error for some reason, but yeah
    BeefWaterfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BeefWaterfall

About the 2nd time logging in was in the middle of the road and two guys immediately (within like 5 seconds of spawning into free roam world) took turns running me down. Which was okay by me because y'know, I figure it's the "wild west". PvP is gonna happen. Except, I can't figure out how to dive to the left or right and these guys were well coordinated. Just as soon as I got up from one guy running me over with his horse, the second ran me over.  Meanwhile, I hear them on their headphones taunting me "Yeah boy, run....yeah stay down. Unh! I owned that b!tch....ha ha ha ha ha". 

I expect d-bags. I just wasn't good at the controls yet. I think you can hit SQUARE (PS3) and dive while holding down L2 (aim). Does that dive move far enough out of the way of the horse or will I still get trampled? Sucks if I get stuck in a perpetual trampled to the ground animation because I can't dive far enough left or right.  One time, I had small window to draw my gun so I went for it. Shooting them didn't work either. Hard to get a headshot when they're moving fast. (Still new to the controls you know)  Even when I did, one head shot didn't seem to work. Four shots center mass didn't work either. I guess your first  newbie gun doesn't have that much power.

So uhm.... tell me how to mute people on the PS3 please. If I'm gonna get ganked over and over, might as well not have to suffer the audio of these d-bags taunting and celebrating. 

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Dustpan

Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me. I was hopping for a better multiplayer community for this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.