Multiplayer Patch

#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

My TV is occupied currently, so I can't check, but Rockstar released a multiplayer patch a little while ago. It apparently fixes the invisible things glitches and the disconnecting.

So anybody who got the patch, can you confirm that they fixed these things?

#2 Posted by Xeiphyer (5608 posts) -
@CL60: I just booted it up, and I didn't patch. I can't remember if it patched this morning, but I am mostly sure it didn't.

And just to be clear we are talking PS3 version?

Also I'm in Canada, so it might not have started patching up here yet.
#3 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Xeiphyer said:

" @CL60: I just booted it up, and I didn't patch. I can't remember if it patched this morning, but I am mostly sure it didn't.  And just to be clear we are talking PS3 version?  Also I'm in Canada, so it might not have started patching up here yet. "

The patch downloads in the background according to rockstar, and applies itself when you start the multiplayer. And it's both 360 and PS3.
#4 Posted by HistoryInRust (6379 posts) -

Yes, it fixes everything.  Game is golden now. 

#5 Posted by Xeiphyer (5608 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Xeiphyer said:

" @CL60: I just booted it up, and I didn't patch. I can't remember if it patched this morning, but I am mostly sure it didn't.  And just to be clear we are talking PS3 version?  Also I'm in Canada, so it might not have started patching up here yet. "

The patch downloads in the background according to rockstar, and applies itself when you start the multiplayer. And it's both 360 and PS3. "
Oh-ho! Sneaky hotpatching. And from the 40ish minutes I just put into the multiplayer, it seems fine so far. Although it froze up after I died, thus resulting in me turning off the game.
#6 Posted by casualterror (122 posts) -

There was a patch when I put the game in yesterday but I still can't connect to other players

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#8 Posted by PNut_Buttr_Panda (486 posts) -

both 360 and ps3 versions are patched. just make sure you are signed into your account and online BEFORE you start your game and it should push the patch screens for both consoles.

#9 Posted by PNut_Buttr_Panda (486 posts) -
@casualterror: 
sorry for double posting guys. but casual what your getting isnt a patchable issue. lots of people are getting this its simply because the servers are loaded with people as any game that has a large launch like this would be. it should be better in a few days when the initial blitz of the severs calm down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.