Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Perma-Stuck at 99.9%. "Known Issue"

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tsolless

So apparently I'm not the only one stuck at 99.9%. 
    A known issue is that the bounty locations and map locations don't track properly and aren't added to your completion. They will show up strangely in your ingame stats and should have 94/94 locations found, but they will be arranged strangely, more than possible in one place, less than all in another. Also, bounties may show up strangely, you should have at least 8 in New Austin, 8 in Mexico, and 4 in West Elizabeth, but the stats may show more than that in certain places (not actually possible). 
    So, if you're stuck at 99.9%, you might be screwed. Like me. Or you might be missing a bounty.
     http://support.rockstargames.com/help/rockstar_games/rdr_mapstats

Light_Roast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Light_Roast

I've been stuck at 99.9% for a few days now and I think I'm about ready to abandon this game. According to my social club stats, I'm missing the bounty mission at The Hanging Rock in New Austin. I've finished this bounty location about 20 times at this point, taking numerous approaches, but it won't register in my stats. I get the money and autosave afterwards, along with the "bounties alive/dead +1" text, but I'm still 7 for 8 in New Austin.

I've killed Dale Chesson 9 times. That dude is relentless.

Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Lev

It's also possible that you didn't try all of the games, all the horse-shoe locations, horse breaking jobs, etc.. the last I got was from a horsebreaking job, so it's worth retrying all of those.

Cynical_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Cynical_M

I was stuck like that too... I just replayed every bounty location until I got it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.