Ps3 gets exclusive content

• 0 results
#1 Edited by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

I guess ps3 gets the " Walton Gang Outfit" and " Solomon’s Folly Gang Hideout"

Pretty cool.       
  My guess is it comes on xbox in a couple months maybe

got the info from gameinformer

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14483 posts) -

Well that's kinda lame for myself and anyone else getting it on 360. But whatever, doesn't seem like a big deal. Plus you're probably right that it will come later.

#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -
@JJWeatherman:  Ya and Im guessing it will be free as well
#4 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

the costume looks horrible in my opinion

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" the costume looks horrible in my opinion "
O god..its ugly as hell. 
#6 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

I think its a skin for multiplayer. And I am a fan of top hats  ha. But  I am much more interested in the extra gang hideout (which im guessing the guy in the picture is in charge of the gang)

#7 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

Nevermind i just re read that and it does seem like it is an outfit for john

#8 Posted by MrKlorox (11185 posts) -

Think they'd offer separate but similar exclusive content for 360 as well? Or do I need to switch my pre-order? Any definitive info on ps3 vs 360 performance?

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" Think they'd offer separate but similar exclusive content for 360 as well? Or do I need to switch my pre-order? Any definitive info on ps3 vs 360 performance? "
There is no difference. No review has said anything about it at all. And the only person who has said anything is a rabid 360 fanboy who cant name his source.  

And as for 360 stuff. All streams ive seen are 360 and are no one mentions it. 
#10 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

oh god, that outfit is ugly.

#11 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -
@MrKlorox: Like i said at the top my guess is the content comes to xbox eventually. And my guess for performance since none of the reviews out so far have mentioned anything my guess is minor differences so cant go wrong either way..... or you could buy both :) haha
#12 Posted by Yummylee (20541 posts) -

Nice. When the 360 got some timed exclusive content over the ps3 with a Rockstar title, it was 2 full expansions. 

The ps3 instead gets some costume lol

#13 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

I wouldn't wear that even if it was in the 360 version.

#14 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Rhaknar said:
" the costume looks horrible in my opinion "
O god..its ugly as hell.  "
agreed. i cant say im impressed
#15 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Sackmanjones said:

" I guess ps3 gets the " Walton Gang Outfit" and " Solomon’s Folly Gang Hideout"

Pretty cool.       
  My guess is it comes on xbox in a couple months maybe

got the info from gameinformer

"

I think im in love with you. 

lolz
#16 Posted by SilentCommando (579 posts) -

That outfit is extremely ugly, but the gang hideout area sounds cool.

#17 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

I was getting it on PS3 anyway but its nice to know. The costume is kinda weird though as mentioned earlier.

#18 Posted by DoctorTran (1526 posts) -

That outfit would be better if it weren't for the hat.

#19 Posted by Yummylee (20541 posts) -
@DoctorTran said:
" That outfit would be better if it weren't for the hat. "
Makes him look like some sort of Circus lion tamer.
#20 Posted by Hamz (6845 posts) -

I like it. Best thing about this game so far is how absurd everyone is dressed. Top hats are still a threat!

#21 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

You could get up to all kinds of ill shit wearing that. It's a good bad guy outfit. I like it.

Could use some better facial hair though. I hope you can customise it. Need to have a really thick 'stache.

#22 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Steve_C said:
" You could get up to all kinds of ill shit wearing that. It's a good bad guy outfit. I like it.  Could use some better facial hair though. I hope you can customise it. Need to have a really thick 'stache. "
I do think you can go to a barber shop. 
#23 Posted by Phaseshift (222 posts) -

Grasping at straws with that one huh, but yeah the hideout does sound good. *checks pre-order email*

#24 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

PS3 was my choice for this game anyway. But neither of these little chunks of extra content are that interesting any how, nothing to get upset over.

#25 Posted by Mmmslash (2165 posts) -

I think the Sigfried and Roy outfit is bad in the best way possible.

#26 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -
@MrKlorox said:
" Think they'd offer separate but similar exclusive content for 360 as well? Or do I need to switch my pre-order? Any definitive info on ps3 vs 360 performance? "
You're gonna switch your pre-order for that horrible looking outfit? When i get the game i'm going to wanna look like a badass cowboy, like in the trailers, not some gay lion tamer.
#27 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Steve_C said:
" You could get up to all kinds of ill shit wearing that. It's a good bad guy outfit. I like it.  Could use some better facial hair though. I hope you can customise it. Need to have a really thick 'stache. "
I do think you can go to a barber shop.  "
eeeeeexcellent...
#28 Posted by JeevesPleez (332 posts) -

Man, the tophat being white/light gray is my only problem with that. If it was a darker gray like the jacket or black, I'd be all for it. Meh, whatever. It's free.

#29 Posted by DoctorTran (1526 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:
" @MrKlorox said:
You're gonna switch your pre-order for that horrible looking outfit? When i get the game i'm going to wanna look like a badass cowboy, like in the trailers, not some gay lion tamer. "
You sir have won my heart.
#30 Posted by RichardLOlson (1854 posts) -

That outfit is kinda gay...

#31 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@RichardLOlson said:
" That outfit is kinda gay... "
Kinda? 
#32 Posted by MrKlorox (11185 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:
" @MrKlorox said:
You're gonna switch your pre-order for that horrible looking outfit? When i get the game i'm going to wanna look like a badass cowboy, like in the trailers, not some gay lion tamer. "
Does everybody stop reading when they see outfit? It's not the only thing exclusive. Besides it's more about owning the entire package than the way it looks. I haven't even looked at it yet.
#33 Posted by DystopiaX (5240 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @MrKlorox said:
There is no difference. No review has said anything about it at all. And the only person who has said anything is a rabid 360 fanboy who cant name his source.   And as for 360 stuff. All streams ive seen are 360 and are no one mentions it.  "
My guess is that it's like the Stimulus Package/GTA IV DLC, where the 360 will get it eventually, and free as well. It's just a Sony paid thing so that people will be enticed to buy the ps3 version over the 360 version.
#34 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @MrKlorox said:
There is no difference. No review has said anything about it at all. And the only person who has said anything is a rabid 360 fanboy who cant name his source.   And as for 360 stuff. All streams ive seen are 360 and are no one mentions it.  "
My guess is that it's like the Stimulus Package/GTA IV DLC, where the 360 will get it eventually, and free as well. It's just a Sony paid thing so that people will be enticed to buy the ps3 version over the 360 version. "
The outfit scares me...really scares me
#35 Posted by DystopiaX (5240 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @MrKlorox said:
My guess is that it's like the Stimulus Package/GTA IV DLC, where the 360 will get it eventually, and free as well. It's just a Sony paid thing so that people will be enticed to buy the ps3 version over the 360 version. "
The outfit scares me...really scares me "
If it comes to 360, I will use it once...to pull out my badass revolvers and kill people. 

If only they had a pimp suit, but westernized so that it fit in. John Marston IS a pimp.
#36 Posted by gunslingerNZ (1895 posts) -

I like the outfit and the white top hat is pretty dope too. It's got a nice villain vibe to it. I'd like to know what this gang hideout is all about too, is it a side mission or like a safehouse from the GTA series?

#37 Posted by kingofpeanuts (478 posts) -
@MrKlorox: I work at eb games. we got them in today and there is nothing on the 360 cover saying anything about content. the ps3 has a sticker that tells about the exclusive content/ Sleepy  
#38 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

That is based on the guy who one the facial hair contest Rockstar held a while back.

#39 Posted by xyzygy (9607 posts) -

Big deal, an ugly outfit and a hideout which there are probably tons more of in the game.

#40 Posted by Jrad (618 posts) -

If it were all in black, or black/red, this would be spectacular. As it stands? It's not terrible, but I do hope there are better outfits in the game.

#41 Posted by Buccura (213 posts) -

Makes me even gladder I'm getting it on PS3 :]

#42 Posted by chrissedoff (2034 posts) -

veddy eenteresting. i was wanting to get this on ps3 to go with alan wake, but was wavering a bit when i heard cheapyd say that the ps3 version is gimped. hearing this makes me feel like maybe i had the right idea. i wish the reviews would just come out, so i could know for sure if the ps3 version is up to snuff.

#43 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1587 posts) -

I hate console specific content almost as much as preorder bonuses, and this game has both 
still it looks awesome 
probably still get 360 version
#44 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

UGH, console specific content... Well, I was getting the PS3 version anyways, but I still think stuff like this is retarded.

#45 Posted by Ghostiet (5153 posts) -

I was hoping this would be something cool. Like the Joker levels in Arkham Asylum.

Still, that top hat lacks a monocle.

#46 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

I'm really not a fan of exclusive content, it feels almost like bribary, and with Sony getting so aggressive securing exclusive content like this, it only means Microsoft will respond.
It's especially bad they announced it so late, I'm not switching my order so far down the line.

But 360 fans shouldn't worry too much.

"We are very sorry for the complete absence of any ps3 footage..

Our media & coding team choose what system to show the game off on & Xbox 360 is usually the most popular choice here at Rockstar.. well, most of the time.

But rest assured, that the PS3 version is just as good as the Xbox 360 version. They both look exactly the same & we have made sure to make that as obvious as possible on both platforms. We have learnt alot since developing GTA IV for the PS3 a few years back & we are now much more acquainted with how the console "ticks" & so, It is now on par with the Xbox 360 version more than ever.

You will love it & we have also given a little extra to PS3 users as a thank you gift. Xbox 360 users will receive this further on down the line though so all is well.

Yours sincerely, Rockstar Games. "

#47 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -
Eh I guess it's cool. I don't really care for more cloths though so it won't make me get the PS3 version. What will is if it has a better frame rate.
#48 Posted by natetodamax (19135 posts) -

The hat looks awful.

#49 Posted by Angre_Leperkan439 (333 posts) -

I must say, what a spiffy tophat.
Too bad I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that thing.

#50 Posted by OneManX (1661 posts) -

Are people complaining about something FREE~!? 

What has this world come to...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.