Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

RDR TNT?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I am very hope full there will be a RDR TNT. However this game has been passed by. Released before Blur yet TNT this week is Blur. Which sort of leaves me confused. Is there a reason RDR was passed up?  

I right now do not have a lot of money and when RDR came out I was overly excited because it was one of the few games I spent my limited funds on *That and Killing floor* Not just because of the single player. But because of the on line. Yet It has been passed up.  

Last week it was Split Second. *Which shared the release of RDR* But I am not into racing games.  

So I ask this to any staff. Will there be a RDR TNT? Or will we move to Modnation next? 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I doubt it. Judging by how they all thought of GTAIV's multiplayer, I don't think they'd give RDR much of chance. Especially with such a delay with the review if there ever is one.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Abyssfull said:
    " I doubt it. Judging by how they all thought of GTAIV's multiplayer, I don't think they'd give RDR much of chance. Especially with such a delay with the review if there ever is one. "
    I am really disappointed. It would be a fun thing to do. I understand not doing the review because of a late copy. But to kick aside a appearance on TNT? 
    mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By mordecaix7

I hope there is a TNT!  I enjoy the multiplayer, as glitchy as it is because sometimes, those glitches are what make it so fun. 

@Abyssfull said:

" Especially with such a delay with the review if there ever is one. "  
    I remember reading somewhere Rockstar denied many outlets review copies.  If I remember correctly, GB had to wait until release day to get a copy, which would explain the review delay.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Yummylee
    @mordecaix7 said:
    " I hope there is a TNT!  I enjoy the multiplayer, as glitchy as it is because sometimes, those glitches are what make it so fun. 

@Abyssfull said:
    " Especially with such a delay with the review if there ever is one. "  
    I remember reading somewhere Rockstar denied many outlets review copies.  If I remember correctly, GB had to wait until release day to get a copy, which would explain the review delay. "
    Yeah I heard about that. I suppose they're all busy with E3, mostly at that. Still....Vinny!...Getch yo reviewin' on for once!!
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

I can't speak for the staff but my guess would be they've picked Blur due to the massive interest people have had in it after seeing the Split/Second TNT. That way Blur fans get in on some action and GB can't be said to have picked Split/Second over Blur etc.

And given how unpredictable the RDR multiplayer seems to be right now I doubt it's a wise choice to pick for a 2 hour game night if people are unable to stay connected or even play at all.

Blur seems like the solid choice.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Ineedaname

It doesn't seem as on the fly and as fast as other games to keep doing multiplayer.

I don't think it'd make the most interesting thing to watch either, unless you're playing the game I don't get much enjoyment, and you have to think of both audiences.
    I'd rather watch Blur. There's alot more going on, RDR is a good game to play, but to watch, maybe not so much.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Hamz said:
    " I can't speak for the staff but my guess would be they've picked Blur due to the massive interest people have had in it after seeing the Split/Second TNT. That way Blur fans get in on some action and GB can't be said to have picked Split/Second over Blur etc.  And given how unpredictable the RDR multiplayer seems to be right now I doubt it's a wise choice to pick for a 2 hour game night if people are unable to stay connected or even play at all.  Blur seems like the solid choice. "
    The patch they released fixed a nice bit of the issues. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Yummylee
    @Ineedaname said:
    " It doesn't seem as on the fly and as fast as other games to keep doing multiplayer.  I don't think it'd make the most interesting thing to watch either, unless you're playing the game I don't get much enjoyment, and you have to think of both audiences. I'd rather watch Blur. There's alot more going on, RDR is a good game to play, but to watch, maybe not so much. "
    It's understandable with the free-roam, but there's still plenty of the competitive modes that could serve up some entertainin' viewing.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " It doesn't seem as on the fly and as fast as other games to keep doing multiplayer.  I don't think it'd make the most interesting thing to watch either, unless you're playing the game I don't get much enjoyment, and you have to think of both audiences. I'd rather watch Blur. There's alot more going on, RDR is a good game to play, but to watch, maybe not so much. "
    It's understandable with the free-roam, but there's still plenty of the competitive modes that could serve up some entertainin' viewing. "
    I would never ask for a Free roam TNT. But the competitive would be fun. 
    btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By btman

I fuckin hope there is.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Next week can probably be the last possible time unless they say otherwise.

Sephiroth9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sephiroth9997

I doubt it, seeing how Giantbomb is on the outs with R*
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @Sephiroth9997 said:
    " I doubt it, seeing how Giantbomb is on the outs with R* "
    Not really I don't think, they are just not connected as of now.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Jadeskye

not competitive enough imo.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Swaboo
    @jadeskye: What are you talking about? You can play Team deathmatch or Capture the gold... totally competitive. They could just create a private session and fill it up by invites and then just jump in a game mode.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jadeskye
    @Swaboo: i just mean it doesn't have the instant drop in effect you'd get from something like street fighter 4.
    amoremono1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By amoremono1

I would actually try to get in on that one....

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@jadeskye:  
     All you have to do is make a private room and then start up a match when everyone gets in. 

It isn't hard.
    thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By thejamster

would love to be a part of that

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Swaboo
    @jadeskye: It works pretty much the same way Skate 3 does.
    Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mikewrestler5

It's not going to happen. Get over it.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DystopiaX
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Hamz said:
    " I can't speak for the staff but my guess would be they've picked Blur due to the massive interest people have had in it after seeing the Split/Second TNT. That way Blur fans get in on some action and GB can't be said to have picked Split/Second over Blur etc.  And given how unpredictable the RDR multiplayer seems to be right now I doubt it's a wise choice to pick for a 2 hour game night if people are unable to stay connected or even play at all.  Blur seems like the solid choice. "
    The patch they released fixed a nice bit of the issues.  "
    Dude, stop trying to make an argument. The staff will do what the staff will do, and that decision isn't up to us, who are providing reasons why the staff probably didn't do it.
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Claude
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Hamz said:
    Dude, stop trying to make an argument. The staff will do what the staff will do, and that decision isn't up to us, who are providing reasons why the staff probably didn't do it. "
    So, you speak for the staff. Good to know. I'll write that down.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Claude said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @Hamz said:
    Dude, stop trying to make an argument. The staff will do what the staff will do, and that decision isn't up to us, who are providing reasons why the staff probably didn't do it. "
    So, you speak for the staff. Good to know. I'll write that down. "
    wow, you're completely missing the point. In no way did I say i spoke for the staff. I was just pointing out that the people he was arguing with couldn't do anything even if he did change their minds.
    YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By YoThatLimp

Its sort of lame how they are writing the most popular game on the site off because they didn't get an advanced copy; but hey its their website. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Yummylee
    @DystopiaX said:
    " @Claude said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @Hamz said:
    wow, you're completely missing the point. In no way did I say i spoke for the staff. I was just pointing out that the people he was arguing with couldn't do anything even if he did change their minds. "
    He wasn't solely trying to change Hamz mind. He was merely raising a notice about the patch that fixed  most of the online bugs.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @Claude said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @Hamz said:
    wow, you're completely missing the point. In no way did I say i spoke for the staff. I was just pointing out that the people he was arguing with couldn't do anything even if he did change their minds. "
    He wasn't solely trying to change Hamz mind. He was merely raising a notice about the patch that fixed  most of the online bugs. "
    Yeah I get it. I'm just saying at this point the staff have probably made up their minds about what they're going to do. Personally, I hope that they save this for over the summer when there isn't shit out, since they said they'd do older games if there was nothing to play.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @Claude said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " @Hamz said:
    He wasn't solely trying to change Hamz mind. He was merely raising a notice about the patch that fixed  most of the online bugs. "
    Yes. I was only stating the patch did fix a nice amount of stuff. So far Hamz has made the only real reason they might not do it. Because of the bugs. 
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

If it happens (Which I hope) Im going to clear my night and wait for them to play.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hitchenson

Eh, it's a pretty shitty multiplayer.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jayross

To be honest, the competitive modes aren't that much fun either.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Metalideth said:
    " Its sort of lame how they are writing the most popular game on the site off because they didn't get an advanced copy; but hey its their website.  "
    They're not writing it off. They talked about it at length on the podcast. They may not do a review because without an advanced copy for a review on or near the release, a review is kind of pointless, especially if it delays other reviews. Jeff has come on these boards to explain this. 

I hope they do an RDR TNT, not because I give a damn about it's multiplayer, but so all the RDR fanboys on these boards will stop their whining (same goes for a review).
    HoM3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HoM3R

WHINE WHINE RDR TNT WHINE WHINE RDR TNT WHINE WHINE and a little bit of tha Beer to make things more fun

Jacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jacy
    @JokerSmilez:  As I've said in a previous post, an arguably less staffed site (Kotaku) found time to fit in a review and they give a lot more gaming news than this site ever will. You have one guy spend half a day writing up a review to show their feelings about the game and move on. Instead, Jeff and crew seem to be quite whiny about not getting a review copy. Get over yourselves. This is a midgrade gaming site that has a 2/4/6/8/10 system that could really fuck with Rockstars metacritic score. Do I agree with the fact that developers must consider the metacritic score when giving out copies? Hell no. However I completely understand that this site isn't reliable with their scores, and it could severely undermine sales considering how simple some folks tend to be when purchasing games. I'm sorry, GB, but this whole mess with Red Dead Redemption has made me lose a hell of a lot of respect for the site, and I've been supporting you guys since damn near the beginning, raving about you to my friends and even family. 'It's a great gaming website, really independent in the way they do things' and so on. Now though, that same independence feels more like an immature sense of entitlement.   

Remember the days of magazines, when we had to wait for publications to come out from people that bought their own 'review copies', and didn't get such a sense of entitlement from being a simple game journalist? What days those were.
    slyely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By slyely

If anyone has listened to their podcast they went on a long tangent on how they really liked RDR. If they got a late copy, the review is probably going to be late also. Plus, maybe they are playing the game through all the way to give a full review instead of playing for 5 hours then putting out an opinion (like many game sites do). Who knows. This game is also not a 6-8 hour campaign, I've been playing for 30 or so hours (not including multiplayer) so far and still am not near the end. But, I trust we will have a non biased review some time. As for TNT, while it may be fun, there is still a lot of time where it could be a possibility...relax.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By Animasta

if they do this maybe people would shut the fuck up about RDR

but I doubt it  

@Jacy said:

" @JokerSmilez:  As I've said in a previous post, an arguably less staffed site (Kotaku) found time to fit in a review and they give a lot more gaming news than this site ever will. You have one guy spend half a day writing up a review to show their feelings about the game and move on. Instead, Jeff and crew seem to be quite whiny about not getting a review copy. Get over yourselves. This is a midgrade gaming site that has a 2/4/6/8/10 system that could really fuck with Rockstars metacritic score. Do I agree with the fact that developers must consider the metacritic score when giving out copies? Hell no. However I completely understand that this site isn't reliable with their scores, and it could severely undermine sales considering how simple some folks tend to be when purchasing games. I'm sorry, GB, but this whole mess with Red Dead Redemption has made me lose a hell of a lot of respect for the site, and I've been supporting you guys since damn near the beginning, raving about you to my friends and even family. 'It's a great gaming website, really independent in the way they do things' and so on. Now though, that same independence feels more like an immature sense of entitlement.      Remember the days of magazines, when we had to wait for publications to come out from people that bought their own 'review copies', and didn't get such a sense of entitlement from being a simple game journalist? What days those were. "

so wait

the one reason you lost respect for this site was the fact that they didn't get their RDR review up as fast as other games?

ok ok ok, remember how long the FFXIII review took? I guess you don't
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Jacy: 
    Well, first someone actually has to PLAY the game and that will presumably take several days to play through thoroughly. That takes more than half a day.

Second, when did Jeff and crew ever "get whiny" about no review copy? Dozens of people from this site were whining about a lack of review and they explained why there wasn't one. People are still whining about it. In fact, it sounds a lot like you're whining about it. So, who's the one getting whiny?

Third, Kotaku has a much larger reader base than Giant Bomb with a significantly larger pool of writers. Since July of 2009 Giant Bomb has reviewed 100 games or DLC packs. Of those, 4 of them were not reviewed by Jeff, Ryan, or Brad. That's 3 people, as opposed to Kotaku who in the past month alone has had reviews written by 6 different people.

Fourth, you say you've lost a hell of a lot of respect for Giant Bomb over this "whole mess". They didn't get a review copy and so they've decided to weigh their options and the relative pros and cons about taking the time to write a review since it wouldn't be timely like 99% of all their other reviews. How is that a mess? The mess is the slew of people who ALREADY OWN THE FUCKING GAME whining about no review.

If you're going to lose respect for anyone, maybe it should Rockstar for trying to manipulate the media by holding review copies back from a site that might only give it 4 stars (which equates to an 80% on metacritic).
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Djeffers03

I can't really picture them doing it.

Jacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jacy
    @JokerSmilez:  An 8 when you've given it to 10 people can severely hurt the score. This isn't the 1990s or early 00s anymore. Scores matter more than anything else. Do I like this? As I said, hell fucking no. Is it the reality of the market? Yes, it is. If Rockstar doesn't play the market then yes, I would lose respect for them. We live in a certain type of society in a certain time period where companies do what they do, to be pissy about that is ludicrous.

Want to know why I've lost respect for this site? (This goes to Laketown as well) It's not simply because of this, although it's contributed. Lately it seems all I hear from the GB crew is whining about this or that about a game. I see needless nitpicking within reviews, I hear whining about headshots in games from Jeff, and I hear whining from Brad and Ryan about whatever they can whine about. The only person I have full respect for at this point in time on this site would be Vinny, as he's a genuinely funny, stand up guy that seems to have an open mind towards games. He can look past the horrible graphics in Mount and Blade to see a very fun game, rather than Ryan who sits on the sidelines bitching about how horrible the graphics are. That all leads to a horrible inconsistency with review scores and content that feels more like filler than interesting subject material. 

Kotaku has double the writers for probably about 10x the written content, and they all are on at different times. This site puts out about 3-4 Quick Looks a week as well as one podcast and perhaps one to two reviews in a week. The content that's written seems to come from Matt and Vinny more times than not lately, and while reviews are only done by three people, most of the content is done by all 5 members of the 'public' staff. I really don't need to justify why I've lost respect for this site, and I won't beyond this. However, I'm not some new user that has casually gone to this site. Hell, it was my homepage for almost a year. I feel very little connection to this site now, which perhaps says something about the direction the site has gone in lately. Sorry if you feel differently (or really, I'm glad for you, I wish I could still feel the same way about this site), but it's my sincere opinion, and getting angry with me about my opinion won't change it. 

Oh, and as far as the whole 'fourth' part of your argument, we simply want a review from a site we respect(ed) for a game we love, just as after you watch a movie you love you go and read reviews for it to see the opinions of others. If you only care about your opinion, then that's quite self centered of you. 
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Jacy: 
    So you don't lose respect for Rockstar because they're just a company "doing what they do". Giant Bomb is a company doing what they do, but it's a mess? I don't get that argument at all.

It sounds like we read reviews for different reasons. I read them to inform my consumer decisions, which I believe the reviews at this site are intended for. I don't read them to make sure my own opinions are validated, by either silently nodding in agreement or going on a tirade about X reviewer "doesn't get it/sucks at games/has no integrity/etc" (because nobody writes a long blog/forum post about how much they agree with a review).

I hardly ever read reviews of movies after I've watched them. In fact, I hardly read movie reviews at all as most of them are just a star rating followed by an article explaining the whole plot. With a cheap cost and only a couple hours of time, just an average score on Rotten Tomatoes is enough to inform my decision. Games are a bigger investment, so I read reviews because they're actually informative.

If someone doesn't like something I do, I don't give a shit. Someone else not liking something in no way prevents me from liking it, or hinders my enjoyment of it. If thinking my own opinion about what I find enjoyable is to me, the most important opinion makes me self-centered, than I guess I'm self-centered. At least it prevents me from taking it so personally when someone I don't even know doesn't enjoy something as much as I do.

I like this site because they do more than just about any other site to make their biases, gaming styles, gaming preferences, etc. known by their readers. I don't expect any reviewer to be totally objective and I respect a site that doesn't try and fool me into thinking they are. I also respect a site that has high standards and expectations for games and actually uses their entire scoring scale (instead of somewhere between a 6 and 10 for every review). I want to hear about the nitpicky things because going on and on about how awesome a game is serves no purpose, and only clouds my judgment as a consumer. Glossing over flaws and trying to like every game and looking for an excuse to give it a high score is stupid. You don't owe the game anything, it owes you. You paid money for it. I want to hear if a game is worth playing and has any flaws and faults that might cause me to dislike it, whether I should buy it, rent it, or avoid it altogether.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I was hoping for an RDR TNT, but I doubt it will happen now.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hourai

Auto-aim ruins the multiplayer. 

Jacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jacy
    @JokerSmilez:  You are very dense, friend. I don't read reviews to rant and rave, I merely enjoy reading reviews that give a perspective about a game or movie I enjoy. I like hearing about flaws that I may not have caught, or features that I may have overlooked. I enjoy others opinions because I enjoy the differences of opinions. I've learned over the years that if someone says 'You're just a <insert insult>' or 'The reason you this is <insert reason>', they are speaking about a flaw that they have as a person, as we can only understand what we are like, so we exert our flaws onto others to try to push back blame off our chest onto someone else. If you want to argue with something or someone that has an opinion that can't be changed, go argue with a dog about how disgusting it is to lick their balls. They'll be about as receptive as any human is towards your ramblings about how wrong they are.

Enjoy your day, bud, and try to realize your flaws are yours, not mine. Thanks.
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#45  Edited By Sin4profit

Why is everybody shitting themselves on this issue and the fact that RDR has no review? They seem pretty fuckin busy from what i can tell. 
    Giant Bomb's TNT serves much like an extended Multiplayer Quick Look from what i've seen of it and Red Dead has a long learning curve to it...makes perfect sense not to have it as the TNT on it's release week...Racing games, less of a learning curve.
    I want a Red Dead TNT..and in it i want to free road whiles hunting all the game glitches we can find. Yee HA!

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Jacy said:
    " You are very dense, friend. "
    @Jacy said:
    " I've learned over the years that if someone says 'You're just a <insert insult>'...they are speaking about a flaw that they have as a person, as we can only understand what we are like, so we exert our flaws onto others to try to push back blame off our chest onto someone else. "
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By samcotts
    This is what I hate about the fresh faced GB community, they over analyse everyone the staff say and jump to silly conclusions based on pretty much nothing. 

The conversation about what the next TNT should be probably played out something similar to this: 
    Jeff "Hey Ryan, what should we do for the TNT?" 
    Ryan "Well Jeff, I hear that RDR is a pretty popular new game that has multiplayer" 
    Jeff "Okay whatever dude, sounds good" 

Anyone doubting that GB will do a RDR TNT is being a silly sausage, it'll definitely be high up on their list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.