Red Dead Redemption's First DLC Dated

• 67 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Rockstar Games had previously announced some details on three DLC packs for its moody Western shooter Red Dead Redemption, and now there are some additional details on the first pack, which Xbox 360 and PS3 owners should expect to launch on June 22--and for the price of free.

The pack, Outlaws to the End, will add a total of six co-op missions to the game and should shore up a multiplayer component some would call "lacking." The DLC is also set to feature more opportunities to nab the game's achievements and trophies, as well as bonus XP rewards. No word if the rewards will be of any meaningful help to a guy who really wants to ride a buffalo, but something tells me I'll be playing Red Dead Redemption until my teeth fall out before scoring one of those. I'm sure it's worth the effort, though. O, what the people of Nosalida will think as they see me ripping through the streets on my horned monster!

Rockstar has previously announced three of the missions in the pack. More details are slated to come in the future via the game's blog.

• Walton’s Gold - Walton’s Gang has taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!
  • The River - Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.
  • Ammunition - The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege.  Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.     

Anyway, if you didn't know, Red Dead Redemption will be this week's Thursday Night Throwdown game! If you're interested in mounting up with Giant Bomb, mosey over to that yellow link to the left. Also, feel free to tell me the quickest way to get a buffalo. I'm dying over here. 
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Rockstar Games had previously announced some details on three DLC packs for its moody Western shooter Red Dead Redemption, and now there are some additional details on the first pack, which Xbox 360 and PS3 owners should expect to launch on June 22--and for the price of free.

The pack, Outlaws to the End, will add a total of six co-op missions to the game and should shore up a multiplayer component some would call "lacking." The DLC is also set to feature more opportunities to nab the game's achievements and trophies, as well as bonus XP rewards. No word if the rewards will be of any meaningful help to a guy who really wants to ride a buffalo, but something tells me I'll be playing Red Dead Redemption until my teeth fall out before scoring one of those. I'm sure it's worth the effort, though. O, what the people of Nosalida will think as they see me ripping through the streets on my horned monster!

Rockstar has previously announced three of the missions in the pack. More details are slated to come in the future via the game's blog.

• Walton’s Gold - Walton’s Gang has taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can – Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!
  • The River - Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.
  • Ammunition - The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege.  Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.     

Anyway, if you didn't know, Red Dead Redemption will be this week's Thursday Night Throwdown game! If you're interested in mounting up with Giant Bomb, mosey over to that yellow link to the left. Also, feel free to tell me the quickest way to get a buffalo. I'm dying over here. 
#2 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I'm totally ready for more Redemption!

#3 Posted by Milkman (16618 posts) -

I should really play this game some time...

#4 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -

Sounds fun! And a much more fun and accessible way to gain XP at that, I hope..

#5 Posted by MjHealy (1839 posts) -

Damn that full friend's list!

#6 Edited by Marz (5648 posts) -

Already sold my copy of red dead on ebay, don't think dlc will bring me back.

and no that was not a hate comment toward the game, just burned through all the content already.

#7 Posted by nick_verissimo (1382 posts) -

I love it when stuff is free!

#8 Posted by EthanielRain (798 posts) -

Free DLC is always welcome :)

#9 Posted by Sil3n7 (1178 posts) -

Rockstar is so cool.

#10 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

Free is good.

#11 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

I don't play co-op or multiplayer games, so this means nothing for me even if it is free. I'll see about the rest later.

#12 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

Replay Twin Rocks over and over for min/max time/XP.

#13 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

If you wanna get to 50 the quickest, just set up a private match and do Pike's Basin over and over.  It's, like, 1,600 XP every time you do it solo. 

Welcome to the grind.

#14 Posted by theberserker (225 posts) -

no single player love?

#15 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Sounds awesome!

#16 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Sounds awesome!
#17 Posted by philuk19 (124 posts) -

Great News. I hope they also do some SP DLC.

#18 Posted by Dustpan (1693 posts) -

I hope I can get that last achievement before then.

#19 Edited by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@Marz said:

" Already sold my copy of red dead on ebay, don't think dlc will bring me back. "

Lol you must be joking, you didn't like the game? And this is great news, especially since it's free content.
#20 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

Will this be accessible by free roaming, or do you physically have to go to a menu and click that you want to do co-op?

#21 Posted by GreggD (4486 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" @Marz said:

" Already sold my copy of red dead on ebay, don't think dlc will bring me back. "

Lol you must be joking, you didn't like the game? And this is great news, especially since it's free content. "
I wonder why he sold it so quick. I guess some people just can't dig it. I know I sure as hell do.
#22 Posted by BananaStand (4 posts) -

Can't wait to download it and wait for my friends copy again to play it :)

#23 Posted by Xeiphyer (5601 posts) -
@Death_Unicorn said:
" Will this be accessible by free roaming, or do you physically have to go to a menu and click that you want to do co-op? "
Since they are missions, you probably go to the start point in free roam with your posse to start it
#24 Posted by yyZiggurat (1014 posts) -

The Mexican ones sound interesting.  Walton's Gold sounds too much like the normal gang hideout.

#25 Posted by Rustythe3rd (2 posts) -

Man I need some people to form a posse with in multiplayer!!! 

My Xbox live gamer tag is Rustythe3rd Please add! all my friends on xbox dont do squat!

#26 Posted by Siris (432 posts) -

One of the fastest ways to gain experience, even faster than Pike's Basin if you're alone, is to keep replaying Fort Mercer. The fort is small and the enemies are easy to take down fast if you're any good. You can get over 2000 experience if you manage to kill a couple guys on the gatling gun, if not you can still get around 1600 exp every time.  

~1600 exp in under 4 minutes if you're fast enough. It's incredibly boring, but its the fastest way I've found to level up so far.

#27 Edited by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

PS3 exclusive ganghideout Solomans Folly is 2000xp for 2minutes and theres even a glitch to stop them shooting back. Get some podcasts, zone out and start farming solo.

Also free is the best kind of free!

#28 Posted by JustinSane311 (335 posts) -

I can't wait for this DLC.  It sounds like a lot of fun!

#29 Posted by Yummylee (21475 posts) -
@Vorbis said:
" PS3 exclusive ganghideout Solomans Folly is 2000xp for 2minutes and theres even a glitch to stop them shooting back. Get some podcasts, zone out and start farming solo.  Also free is the best kind of free! "
Oh so that's the exclusive hideout? Completely forgot about that. Though if the hideout is still available in the PAL version, why no extra costume?? That was only limited to US copies >=/
#30 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

FREE? 

fuck yeah.

#31 Posted by MeatSim (10821 posts) -

Glad this is free becuase I don't care anough about the mutliplayer in this game to pay extra for DLC.

#32 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

This is how DLC should be.

#33 Posted by MOAB (374 posts) -
@Lebensbaum said:

" Replay Twin Rocks over and over for min/max time/XP. "

yeah, i got from level 42 to 50 in what seemed like 20 minutes. i would finish in just under a minute and get around 1333-1400. 

started with evans repeater and went with the bolt action rifle for the 3rd wave. i'll probably stay at level 50 so i can keep all the weapons. it kinda burnt me out on the hideouts.
#34 Posted by chronicsmoke (996 posts) -

free is always good

#35 Posted by lilbigsupermario (842 posts) -

woohoo! free is good! free is good!

#36 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

@Coombs said:

" @ZombieHunter said:

" I like taking a hogtied person into the woods and pouring bait on them, "
I really need to get this game... "
#37 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@BradNicholson:
@jakob187 said:
" If you wanna get to 50 the quickest, just set up a private match and do Pike's Basin over and over.  It's, like, 1,600 XP every time you do it solo.  Welcome to the grind. "
Nooo. Dude, you haven't really been doing that, have you? Solomon's Folly takes about a minute and 40 seconds to complete, and I can usually string together a perfect 30 kills in a row each time, netting me about 2,334 xp every time. Just head over to Tesoro Azul first, to pick up the Heavy Pistol, if you haven't already unlocked it.
#38 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

Sounds awesome.

#39 Posted by Marz (5648 posts) -
@ISuperGamerI said:
" @Marz said:

Lol you must be joking, you didn't like the game? And this is great news, especially since it's free content. "
i didn't say i didn't like the game, It's an awesome game.  I finished the game, did every side mission, did almost everything single player.  Tried multiplayer but it doesn't keep my interest so i play bad company 2 instead.  Just no reason to go back and play the game.
#40 Posted by myghart (192 posts) -

That, sir, was an awesomely and beautifully random link insertion to the "tooth" object page.

#41 Posted by plumeria (70 posts) -

Why is my copy of the game still in the mail!? Oh the pain...

#42 Posted by MaddProdigy (1041 posts) -

FREE DLC????
The way DLC should be. Rockstar knows what's up

#43 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1208 posts) -

Rad. Totally Rad. But will there be splitscreen?? I assume probably not but could someone answer my question?

#44 Posted by DannyJ (445 posts) -
@SleepyDoughnut said:
" Rad. Totally Rad. But will there be splitscreen?? I assume probably not but could someone answer my question? "
No splitscreen
#45 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -
@MaddProdigy said:
" FREE DLC???? The way DLC should be. Rockstar knows what's up "
They sure do!
#46 Posted by Evercaptor (391 posts) -

after confusing free-roam with co-op, I'll be glad to get some real content going for this kind of play

#47 Posted by Gooba (21 posts) -

oh hey, brad nicholson, when did that happen

#48 Posted by SpacePenguin (476 posts) -

Yeh this should be good.

#49 Posted by ProfessorEss (7309 posts) -

More, more, MORE, MORE!

#50 Posted by HairyToeKnuckles (123 posts) -

Be careful walking in that water, partners. You don't wanna drown.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.