Red Dead Redemption's Legends and Killers DLC Dated

• 164 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Get ready to saddle up if you're down for more Red Dead Redemption DLC. The first bit of announced paid content is set to hit PSN and XBLM this August 10 for the price of $10 (or 800 Microsoft Banana Bucks). 

Legends and Killers, as the pack has been dubbed, will add a bevy of new content for the online crowd to mess around with. Nine new map locations and eight new character skins are the cake, while the new tomahawk projectile weapon, the achievements, and some new weapon challenges serve as the icing. 

If you're not into the online component of Red Dead, you probably don't see much use in this one. And chances are you won't see much in the others as well, since Liars and Cheats, the Free Roam Pack, and the Undead Nightmare Pack are all supplements to the game's online competitive/free roam mode.

In celebration of today's launch date announcement, Rockstar released some new screens of the Legend and Killers content. Peer into the gallery and see if you can decide what looks more rude: the tomahawk or the dude carrying it. I'm stumped over here.  

#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Get ready to saddle up if you're down for more Red Dead Redemption DLC. The first bit of announced paid content is set to hit PSN and XBLM this August 10 for the price of $10 (or 800 Microsoft Banana Bucks). 

Legends and Killers, as the pack has been dubbed, will add a bevy of new content for the online crowd to mess around with. Nine new map locations and eight new character skins are the cake, while the new tomahawk projectile weapon, the achievements, and some new weapon challenges serve as the icing. 

If you're not into the online component of Red Dead, you probably don't see much use in this one. And chances are you won't see much in the others as well, since Liars and Cheats, the Free Roam Pack, and the Undead Nightmare Pack are all supplements to the game's online competitive/free roam mode.

In celebration of today's launch date announcement, Rockstar released some new screens of the Legend and Killers content. Peer into the gallery and see if you can decide what looks more rude: the tomahawk or the dude carrying it. I'm stumped over here.  

#2 Posted by RAGEosaurus (137 posts) -

finally, been waiting for this

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (11802 posts) -

Oh boy.

#4 Posted by The_Bowman_007 (35 posts) -

gimme

#5 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

I want to play as Jack Swift.

#6 Posted by OneHoboWine (20 posts) -

Can we petition Microsoft to rename the points as "Microsoft Banana Bucks"?

#7 Posted by paudle (95 posts) -

Is there going to be an ultimate version soon?

#8 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2114 posts) -

More RDR is always good.

#9 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

i think 800 might be a bit too much for me :(

#10 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -

I'm just waiting for the single player DLC. I enjoyed Lost and Damned more than the original GTA IV.

#11 Edited by Waffles13 (605 posts) -
@Nicholson said: 

... and the Undead Nightmare Pack are all supplements to the game's online competitive/free roam mode.

The zombies DLC has a single player component.   

@Kessler said:
  • Launch: "Fall" 2010
  • Price: $10/800 Microsoft Points
  • Ghost towns and cemeteries
  • Brand new single-player adventure, challenges and quests
  • 8 new multiplayer zombie characters
  • Additional animals unleashed in the world
  • New dynamic events
Fact checking may seem difficult, but it's really not that bad.
#12 Posted by Yummylee (21203 posts) -

Red Dead Revolver fans are going to cream for this. Never played it though, myself.

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

nice

#14 Posted by ExitDose (89 posts) -

I work for Dick Jones.

#15 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

Doesn't Undead Nightmare have some Single Player stuff in it?

#16 Posted by Videogames (257 posts) -

I am looking forward to playing liars dice against random people for hours.

#17 Posted by DrJota (700 posts) -

I assume the second picture's Red?

#18 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Red Harlow ftw!

But I'm not sure this is worth the price alone, I've seen all the game has to offer already :/

#19 Posted by Nime (88 posts) -

I got burnt out on this game a while ago. I doubt this will change anything for me.

#20 Posted by Meeka (40 posts) -

Seems great

#21 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

I really liked RDR, but I doubt I'll touch any of this DLC.

#22 Posted by Frozen_Ice (48 posts) -

Meh, I already traded in Red Dead Redemption for Super Street Fighter IV. I don't regret it one bit, and this definitely isn't going to make me want to play it again, especially because it's payed.

#23 Posted by Mitch0712 (452 posts) -

the second screenshot at bottom has the guy from first red dead game

#24 Posted by Vivek (517 posts) -

I really find it hard to keep up with DLC, when I put a game down it seems to stay down.

#25 Posted by EightBitShik (1333 posts) -

Due to being overwhelmed as is for games I am going to have to pass at least for now.

#26 Posted by PalmettoBling (23 posts) -

I might do this just for the achievements.

#27 Posted by Ansom (21 posts) -

This is going to be great.

#28 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -

i cant wait for RDR to come to PC (i hope it does)

#29 Posted by OneManX (1676 posts) -
@Waffles13 said:
" @Nicholson said: 

... and the Undead Nightmare Pack are all supplements to the game's online competitive/free roam mode.

@Kessler said:
  • New dynamic events
Fact checking may seem difficult, but it's really not that bad. "
The  DLC is obviously more stacked for online then Single player.
#30 Posted by SilentBob251 (60 posts) -

I would like to buy all these packs, but I can't decide if any are really worth it. More single player content please!

#31 Posted by Demandred32h (21 posts) -

Wish they would have started with the anti-griefing stuff. Free roam is brutal.

#32 Posted by MarioBoza (45 posts) -

Cant wait 4 this. 

#33 Posted by Swarfigo (22 posts) -

Sounds good. I burned myself out on RDR after the first week of playing too much so I'm looking for a good reason to get into it again. This DLC looks like a compelling reason.

#34 Posted by Sharpless (457 posts) -
@Waffles13 said:
" @Nicholson said: 

@Kessler said:
  • New dynamic events
Hey, brother, how about you correct people without sounding like an arrogant ass? I mean, I'm not trying to cause trouble, and maybe I'm misreading you, but come on. It just makes you look bad. Bloggers make mistakes all the damn time. Just correct 'em and move on.
#35 Posted by doublezeroduck (277 posts) -
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" I want to play as Jack Swift. "
Yes! Or Kid Cougar. Or the wooden character you unlock for completing the game. Those 3 would be sick. 
#36 Posted by cuevas (45 posts) -

I love me some RDR but so many different DLC packs makes it unlikely ill buy any.

#37 Posted by Faroon (62 posts) -

I'm only just into the first part of the normal game - best crack on with it really.

#38 Posted by Nonsense88 (60 posts) -

A bit skeptical about this DLC. While 9 new maps sounds impressive, they probably aren't even new locations to the game, just some places they hadn't turned into multiplayer maps yet. Tomahawk's probably pretty neat though.

#39 Posted by ctwin14 (16 posts) -

the  paradigm of this is that i get a quest
#40 Posted by mumbobob (14 posts) -

I would be much more interested in DLC that touches the single player mode.

#41 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1249 posts) -

I'm still taking a hiatus from RDR. I doubt I'll ever get into the multiplayer much, especially not when I can get my ass kicked in StarCraft 2.

#42 Posted by Duke_Lion (221 posts) -

Oh shiiiit!! Straight up INDIAN STYLE!

#43 Posted by GhostX406 (15 posts) -

Whooo! 

Comment Complete.

#44 Posted by BC_ (168 posts) -

That guy looks mean.

#45 Posted by Mysterion (159 posts) -

Awesome
#46 Posted by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -

FUCK YES MR KELLEY!

#47 Posted by Waffles13 (605 posts) -
@Sharpless said:
" @Waffles13 said:
" @Nicholson said: 

@Kessler said:
  • New dynamic events
Hey, brother, how about you correct people without sounding like an arrogant ass? I mean, I'm not trying to cause trouble, and maybe I'm misreading you, but come on. It just makes you look bad. Bloggers make mistakes all the damn time. Just correct 'em and move on. "
I'm not trying to be overly combative, it's just that Nicholson has been writing for multiple game sites for what seems to be a long time, whereas Kessler is interning for (what I assume is) his first time. Yet Kessler's articles (as well as his Quick Looks) are always well written, well informed, and legitimately funny, whereas I personally feel Brad 2, despite having significantly more experience, is a horrible fit for this site. Between being  judgmental and having inaccuracies on a fairly regular basis, I don't see why he is being paid for what is a shockingly mediocre performance.
#48 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

probably going to wait for this one to be half price

#49 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

My xbox has been broken for over a month...when I get a new one next week I'm going to shit myself with all this DLC.

#50 Posted by President_Barackbar (3415 posts) -

I really liked the MP in Redemption and the one weakness it had was the lack of maps, so this DLC including MP maps is a real welcome sight. I just hope Thieves Landing and/or Fort Mercer are some of the new locations.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.