Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Winternet

Wait, didn't Giantbomb review Red Dead Redemption?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

....I don't get it. Is this for the quest?

KennyPowers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By KennyPowers

no

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

No they didn't.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zombie2011

5 stars. 

I'm reviewing this thread, not RDR.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By august

There's like 5 threads on this topic.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scarace360

it got 10 stars.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ch13696

Of course they did. Didn't you see it? It's there. You just have to keep looking.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Winternet

Why didn't GB review RDR?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Winternet said:
    " Why didn't GB review RDR? "
    They didn't get a review copy and it would take too long to beat for them to even write when it's relevant.  
    nautical_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nautical_hero

Yeah, they said it's amazing only about a hundred times on the podcast.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @nautical_hero@yahoo.com said:
    " Yeah, they said it's amazing only about a hundred times on the podcast. "
    Plus Bradley stated that it's probably his game of the year on the most recent zombie QL. A review isn't necessary, really. There are plenty of other sites out there if you really want one.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Winternet
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @nautical_hero@yahoo.com said:

Plus Bradley stated that it's probably his game of the year on the most recent zombie QL. A review isn't necessary, really. There are plenty of other sites out there if you really want one. "
    C'mon, I am not asking for a review. I just asked why they didn't do it. And that argument is not valid. "  There are plenty of other sites out there if you really want one." That goes for every game. So GB should stop doing reviews, because if you really want one there is plenty of them around?
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Winternet said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

Plus Bradley stated that it's probably his game of the year on the most recent zombie QL. A review isn't necessary, really. There are plenty of other sites out there if you really want one. "
    C'mon, I am not asking for a review. I just asked why they didn't do it. And that argument is not valid. "  There are plenty of other sites out there if you really want one." That goes for every game. So GB should stop doing reviews, because if you really want one there is plenty of them around? "
    They didn't get the review copy son so they didn't have it early!  It took so many podcasts for them to even get to an end!  By the time they write the review people that would have bought it would have bought it and it would've been useless.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Winternet said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

C'mon, I am not asking for a review. I just asked why they didn't do it. And that argument is not valid. "  There are plenty of other sites out there if you really want one." That goes for every game. So GB should stop doing reviews, because if you really want one there is plenty of them around? "
    The Giant Bomb staff have unique voices and write in a way I appreciate. Other than that though, other site's reviews serve just fine. I don't come here for the reviews alone, but if you do, then you should realize that it's a team of three editors that have to pick and choose what they cover extremely carefully. They're not going to get to everything unfortunately. So in this case, there are plenty of other sites, and you can go read a review there, or not at all. 

And as mentioned above, they said the reason it never got done was because they were not sent a review copy. By the time they got the game and could get a review done, lots of other games were releasing and it would have caused a domino effect of everything being pushed back. That's according to Jeff at least. There are multiple threads about this review (or lack thereof).
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Winternet
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @Winternet said:

" @JJWeatherman said:

The Giant Bomb staff have unique voices and write in a way I appreciate. Other than that though, other site's reviews serve just fine. I don't come here for the reviews alone, but if you do, then you should realize that it's a team of three editors that have to pick and choose what they cover extremely carefully. They're not going to get to everything unfortunately. So in this case, there are plenty of other sites, and you can go read a review there, or not at all.  And as mentioned above, they said the reason it never got done was because they were not sent a review copy. By the time they got the game and could get a review done, lots of other games were releasing and it would have caused a domino effect of everything being pushed back. That's according to Jeff at least. There are multiple threads about this review (or lack thereof). "
    I understand they don't review everything, but RDR is pretty much on their alley (is this the right expression? Anyone?). But, hey, this was May so I didn't remember the reason for them not reviewing it. I don't remember what I did last week so . . .  
    Icadae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Icadae
    @Winternet:  

I believe the expression is; Right up their alley.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Winternet
    @Icadae said:
    " @Winternet:   I believe the expression is; Right up their alley. "
    Thank you, sir.
    Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By maskedarcstrike

I have to go with giantbomb on this one as well, gametrailers and ign both had their reviews up,  which I'm sure other sites did as well on May 17th, a day before RDR came out which was May 18th.  I mean cmon it's a pretty big game and to review it after release when most other sites had their reviews up a day before just is not viable.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By Deusoma
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @Winternet said:
    They didn't get a review copy and it would take too long to beat for them to even write when it's relevant.   "
    But they put out a review of Dante's Inferno almost a month after that game came out, which was surely after that particular game was still relevant.
    invasionone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By invasionone
    @Winternet said:

" Wait, didn't Giantbomb review Red Dead Redemption? "

From Jeff's formspring:  
    "  We thought about it for a bit, but with a lot of other things going on and the fact that our review would have been a lot later than everyone else's (we went out and bought a copy on release day), I decided that we should focus on other, more timely assignments.

No one needs a 20th review that also says "hey, yeah, you should get it" when everyone's already buying it." 

That about sums it up.
    Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Raineko

This is really a sucky thing about bein a reviewer, you can´t really spend much time on playing one game.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nail1080

People who said they didn't get the game early enough to review are just making shit up because they are GB fanboys. The fact is that Brad has this game 100% cleared within the first week of it coming out. I don't come to GB for the 'exclusive' first reviews, I come for their unique reviews as I know the personality of the reviewer. There is no excuse, Brad should have reviewed it. Writing a few paragraphs about a great game should be no more than a mornings work for an experienced reviewer such as Brad, unfortunately laziness prevailed and it will always leave a weird missing game in the reviews page, especially if they vote the game GOTY.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nail1080:  
    @Invasionone said:
    " @Winternet said:

From Jeff's formspring:  "  We thought about it for a bit, but with a lot of other things going on and the fact that our review would have been a lot later than everyone else's (we went out and bought a copy on release day), I decided that we should focus on other, more timely assignments.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jack268

The review was for paid members only

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Deusoma said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @Winternet said:
    They didn't get a review copy and it would take too long to beat for them to even write when it's relevant.   "
    But they put out a review of Dante's Inferno almost a month after that game came out, which was surely after that particular game was still relevant. "
      Invasionone 
    @Winternet
     said: 

From Jeff's formspring:  
    "  We thought about it for a bit, but with a lot of other things going on and the fact that our review would have been a lot later than everyone else's (we went out and bought a copy on release day), I decided that we should focus on other, more timely assignments.

No one needs a 20th review that also says "hey, yeah, you should get it" when everyone's already buying it." 

That about sums it up.    
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Winternet
    @nail1080: It feels a bit weird, you're right, just looking to the overview of RDR on GiantBomb and don't seeing any review. It's more an aesthetic at this point, but still.
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By alternate
    @Winternet: I think pppl are just testy because they remember this Q being asked a lot at the time.

I would expect RDR to feature heavily in the end of year GOTY features.  I know everyone but Jeff (don't think he ever played it) really liked it and this year hasn't really been that stellar.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Winternet
    @alternate: Indeed. Wait, are we really starting to talk about GOTY? Damn, the year is already ending.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30  Edited By Deusoma

Actually, what I really want to know is whether they're going to review the Undead Nightmare DLC. I almost never buy DLC because there's no way to demo it and see whether it's any good or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.