Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

So much grind...

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

I'm currently trying to get to Level 5 legendary status on Red Dead Redemption's mutliplayer, with help from the 4th of July 4X Experience weekend bonus. In one day I've gone from normal level 21 to "prestige" level 1's level 44 by completing Pike's Basin over and over and over again. I can go up about 20 levels in a couple of hours when I hit around level 20, but even so, it's still painful. 

There's so much grinding I thought I was in a nightclub with a bunch of fat chicks. And to get the most points you have to do it solo - I can do Pike's Basin for nearly 8000 points in about 6:30 minutes. I played a bit yesterday in public free roam and each play through took about 3-4 minutes, even with 6-8 people, and because the score was more spread out, I'd only get about 4000 points. So suffice to say, it's better doing it solo. And yet that makes it even more boring. 

Surely there must be a better way to level up quickly?? I want that damn zebra!! I really hate grinding, but Red Dead is definitely one of those games where I want most of the unlocks, like the mounts and the granny you get. I think by the time the weekend ends I should be at least Legendary level 3, if not nearly 4. Annoyingly Halo Reach is also doing a 30,000 jackpot weekend, but other than inclement weather in Reach, there is little I wish to unlock. 

Sigh.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

I'm currently trying to get to Level 5 legendary status on Red Dead Redemption's mutliplayer, with help from the 4th of July 4X Experience weekend bonus. In one day I've gone from normal level 21 to "prestige" level 1's level 44 by completing Pike's Basin over and over and over again. I can go up about 20 levels in a couple of hours when I hit around level 20, but even so, it's still painful. 

There's so much grinding I thought I was in a nightclub with a bunch of fat chicks. And to get the most points you have to do it solo - I can do Pike's Basin for nearly 8000 points in about 6:30 minutes. I played a bit yesterday in public free roam and each play through took about 3-4 minutes, even with 6-8 people, and because the score was more spread out, I'd only get about 4000 points. So suffice to say, it's better doing it solo. And yet that makes it even more boring. 

Surely there must be a better way to level up quickly?? I want that damn zebra!! I really hate grinding, but Red Dead is definitely one of those games where I want most of the unlocks, like the mounts and the granny you get. I think by the time the weekend ends I should be at least Legendary level 3, if not nearly 4. Annoyingly Halo Reach is also doing a 30,000 jackpot weekend, but other than inclement weather in Reach, there is little I wish to unlock. 

Sigh.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zombie2011

Sigh, playing games is a chore.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By WickedCestus
    @zombie2011 said:
    Sigh, playing games is a chore.
    I should just read a book instead. The only time I have to re-read sections of those is when my mind starts to wander and I forget everything I just read.
    TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TanoPrime

HEY!  We don't take kindly to those who don't like grinding round hurr! 

Seriously though, every multiplayer with a leveling tier is a grind.  Kick the thought out your head and just play the game, enjoy it and magically, you will be top level soon. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Even with all of my playtime in the RDR MP--and I played A-lot of RDR MP--I only hit the 2nd prestige. Mostly because yeah, grinding is fucking boring, and I'd primarily just play with what was fun. A lot of competitive, cooperative, challenges and sure, sometimes I'd spam the occasional hideout when I was pretty close to leveling up but couldn't be bothered playing anything else to get there. People who purposely just spam Pikes Basin over and over are cheapening the entire multiplayer. Plus, with the added DLC, there's quite a lot to do in there now.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I worked my way to level 50 awhile ago when there was some sort of experience multiplier.  A friend and I just kept playing the gang hide out with the little walled village in Mexico.  I'm perfectly content now with my bull mount that has a pair of balls.
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpawnMan
    @PeasantAbuse: He does so have balls riight! Man, every time I'd plant a bomb in Pike's Basin he'd wander over and investigate and his balls would sort of brush my bowler hat!! Ungh... 

In any case, I am now Prestige 4!! Yes, that's right, I've grinded my way like a nightclub hussy through 3 days over EXP and have my super bull. Now I need to do about 100 more levels and I'll have completed everything! Even if I only manage about 80, I'll still be really happy. The bull is awesome, buffalo is okay, white buffalo is average, the super bull is awesome, but I want that zebra donkey. And the granny. Oh, and I didn't know the buffalo rifle unlocked too! Righteous!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.