Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Some wacky ass shitis going on with the multiplayer

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently jumped into Red Dead Redemptions' multiplayer yesterday after taking a good two year break from it.... and..... well, everything has gone completely WACK! Once I spawned, the first thing I noticed is that all of my weapons were invisible. No visual model or capability of being able to shoot them were shown. Next, players were showing on the mini map, but were completely invisible in the actual game. I was perfectly able to talk to them through mic chat, but their player model was nonexistant. Unfortunantley, it doesn't end there... it seems that every single civilian NPC has been replaced by a man with a checkerd red shirt. More than 95% of the time, they will all be laying on the floor begging for help. If you decide to kill one of them by using melee, they will sometimes MULTIPLY into 20 more of the same red checkered civilian laying on the floor. At some point, I was basically walking through a sea of them. The worst part about all this wacky shit is that its on EVERY single multiplayer match you'll attempt to join. It doesn't help that it permanently freezes my PS3 at complete random either.

Now, the odd thing about this entirety of the situation is that this has supposily been happening ever since Augest 2013, near GTA V's release. After doing a bit of internet research, it seems all of this is related to a modder named MATRIX. On the day GTA V released, he decided to try out a few mods on the online servers. Little did he know, it would permanently screw up the mutiplayer servers, spreading like a virus throughout every single one to exist.

The modder himself actually admits to creating the "apocalypse" on this thread.

http://glitch-nation.forumotion.com/t88-the-red-dead-apocalypse

Now I know Rockstar has been busy with the release of GTAV lately... although, this accidental apocalypse mod has been infecting the entire game's multiplayer for months now. I find it quite odd that they have done absolutely nothing to fix this... even more so that no gaming news sites or video game journalists haven't announced this problem to the public as of yet. It sure would make for an interesting article....

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is pretty amazing

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

What? No way.

I will have to try this out when I got home.

If this is true it is pretty mindblowing that no one has reported on it.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hadn't played this game since it originally released, I know it had its problems but the multiplayer seemed pretty good. Hopefully they can get it taken care of so the experience isn't completely ruined going forward.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pyrodactyl

Impossible, I can't find any mention of this anywhere and youtube doesn't have any video of recent issues with RDR. If this is not some kind of useless troll post you might want to make some video because this stuff sounds crazy and I could see a lot of people being interested.

Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Live2bRighteous

@pyrodactyl: I dont have any capture cards sadly, but I can still record it off screen tonight. Also, there a multiple mentionings of this problem through

rockstar support threads. I'm going into class in a bit, but ill try to find a few to link before then.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

What you mean highly regarded geams jernulzm experts Kotaku never picked up on this earth shattering news? I for one am shocks.

Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Live2bRighteous

@wolfgame: Thank you good sir. Here is some more information as well. http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200708823-Red-dead-redemption-what-is-going-on-

BTW, it sounds like this is mostly related to the PS3 version, after reading up about it a bit more.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Their support page for this is beyond pathetic. lol come on Rockstar.

If you google youtube red dead glitch and set the time to within last month you will find tons of videos, though maybe not all have to do with the specific problems mentioned here.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOU'RE TALKING LIKE THIS IS A BAD THING. You just convinced me to put Red Dead Redemption back into my 360. Which definitely wouldn't have happened if you were reporting that the community was 'alive and well, and the game holds up just like it once did.' Who gives a shit? I want chaos.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is crazy, I just found this on youtube:

It's got the flannel guy but he doesn't spawn like crazy when he's killed but he does have invisible arms. No disappearing guns and I don't think the person in the video ran into any other players.

Loading Video...

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Red Dead, best game of 2010 Im sorry Alan Wake.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.