Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Dead Redemption

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released May 18, 2010

Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver, featuring a vibrant, open world set in the decline of the American Wild West. Players take on the role of former outlaw John Marston, who is forced to hunt down his former gang to regain his family.

Still no Red Dead for PC?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

I'm sure this topic has been talked to death but i'm surprised that Rockstar still hasn't released a PC port for this game considering the huge success it had on consoles. I'd totally buy RDR again if it had full mod support on the PC.

Don't give me that "PC game piracy" excuse, piracy will always exist but it should stop developers putting out games that have potential to make money.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

I don't think they ever had solid plans for a PC port. I wouldn't keep your hopes up of getting one

NicksCorner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By NicksCorner

Aww, Ive heard so many great things about this title, would totally buy if available.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By david3cm

A few months back now I remember that there was some news Rockstar had planned to release pertaining to Red Dead, I was so hoping they were announcing a PC version.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Not now. Would have been great if it happened though, could have looked even more amazing. I almost feel like playing the game again...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

Never will be. It's been to long for them to bother.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By GS_Dan

Didn't a poster have the PC DVD logo on it at one point? I got all excited over nothing.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zaccheus

Probably never going to happen.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

It's worth noting what happened to GTA IV on PC.

Probably a good thing it's not coming to PC. Wouldn't mind a Wii U version though.

hojufixter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By hojufixter

I have played a heap of this on xbox, but would still love for it to come to PC. Mostly just to see what fantastic mods could be made.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB

Yeah, I figured it would be a "never" thing, but LA Noire got a fairly timely PC release (which irked me considering I always prefer games on the PC, especially 'round the end of a dead console cycle). Red Dead Redemption is a game I might like to play sometime, though I already know the end and everything so maybe my enjoyment will be too diminished.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jrinswand

Are there really people holding out hope? That game came out years ago at this point. If it were every going to come over to PCs (and I don't know why it hasn't), that time would have been long ago.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Wong_Fei_Hung said:

Not now. Would have been great if it happened though, could have looked even more amazing. I almost feel like playing the game again...

Almost? I'm dying to play it again but the PS3 is just too damn weak and slow compared to this beast I got on my desk. I returned to RDR a while back, played for about 3-4 hours, then got fed up of the shitty visuals, the slowwwwwwwwwwww loading times, and the fucking gamepad. 
    Don't think I'll pick it up again, either they port it to PC so I can enjoy it like I should have when it came out, or it's gonna rot in my PS3. Fuck that auto lock aiming shit, god damn.
    @Jrinswand said:

Are there really people holding out hope? That game came out years ago at this point. If it were every going to come over to PCs (and I don't know why it hasn't), that time would have been long ago.

Um, a very good reason for them to port it to PC now as opposed to two years ago (two years, not 'years ago' bro ^^) is their finally proper game engine that ran Max Payne 3 on the PC like you were dining in heaven.
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By emem
    @Wong_Fei_Hung said:

Probably a good thing it's not coming to PC. Wouldn't mind a Wii U version though.

Well, it was broken when it was released, but now it's the best version out there by a mile. 

PC versions usually end up better and fans would mod Red Dead to perfection... just take a look at the PC version of Dark Souls now, it looks amazing, runs at 60 FPS... it's fantastic despite the terrible port FROM released. 

Edit: Oh I almost forgot... I don't think there will be a PC version either, but I'd love to see one.
    daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By daiphyer
    No Caption Provided
    Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@AhmadMetallic:

Is playing the 360 version via Windows 8 an option, when is that happening?. I recall hearing something about disk based 360 games being made compatible...

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Barrock

Maybe if we get a sequel.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By alternate

Cost of doing a decent job at porting versus likely sales = unlikely.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mak_wikus

They said it won't happen, but didn't they say the same about Bully once?

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Zippedbinders

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

Almost? I'm dying to play it again but the PS3 is just too damn weak and slow compared to this beast I got on my desk. I returned to RDR a while back, played for about 3-4 hours, then got fed up of the shitty visuals, the slowwwwwwwwwwww loading times, and the fucking gamepad.
    Don't think I'll pick it up again, either they port it to PC so I can enjoy it like I should have when it came out, or it's gonna rot in my PS3. Fuck that auto lock aiming shit, god damn.

I understand its besides the point of your other issues, but you could turn that off. Its a toggle in the menu and, boom, free-aim.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@AhmadMetallic:

Is playing the 360 version via Windows 8 an option, when is that happening?. I recall hearing something about disk based 360 games being made compatible...

How would that be different from connecting a mouse and keyboard to your console? Are we talking about the PC running the X360 disc? Which would of course make ports go extinct if you can run the X360 game using your powerful PC. 
    @Zippedbinders said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

Don't think I'll pick it up again, either they port it to PC so I can enjoy it like I should have when it came out, or it's gonna rot in my PS3. Fuck that auto lock aiming shit, god damn.

I understand its besides the point of your other issues, but you could turn that off. Its a toggle in the menu and, boom, free-aim.

And then I'd be free aiming with two thumb sticks.. No thanks :P
    Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@AhmadMetallic:

Yes, the PC running 360 games. It wouldn't be an issue once Microsoft release their next console.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By butano

I dunno about that 360 games on Windows 8 claim. It's a little more complicated than that, with different architectures and graphics and whatnot. Just because you have Windows 8 doesn't mean you'll be able to run the game. The 360 has only gone through, what, like 4 different internal builds? None of which have had a real graphics boost, and I'm pretty sure the tablets and laptops coming with onboard graphics still don't match the 360 capabilities.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#24  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm sure if enough people rally together (a la Dark Souls petition), the PC version might become "viable".

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately I really doubt it will ever happen at this point. Too bad, because I really, really would loved to have played that on PC. (Played it on both 360 and PS3.)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @BeachThunder said:

I'm sure if enough people rally together (a la Dark Souls petition), the PC version might become "viable".

Kind of a mindfuck that a niche, notorious japanese RPG that barely sold copies got a petition and a consequent PC port while Rockstar's second biggest game ever didn't.
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I don't think it's ever going to happen and that's a shame because this game is already gorgeous on Xbox and PS3 and it'd be insane on PC hardware with some graphical mods added in.

My favorite game of the generation. If you PC gamers have a way to play it it's worth going the extra distance.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Justin258

@AhmadMetallic said:

@BeachThunder said:

Kind of a mindfuck that a niche, notorious japanese RPG that barely sold copies got a petition and a consequent PC port while Rockstar's second biggest game ever didn't.

I thought Dark Souls sold admirably for the type of game that it is?

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@AlisterCat said:

Never will be. It's been to long for them to bother.

Yeah, well fine then Imma keep my money and buy Torchlight 2. Dicks.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @believer258 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@BeachThunder said:

Hmm, so it seems! Good on them. Still my point stands with RDR's 10+ mil.
    joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By joshth

@AhmadMetallic said:

@believer258 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@BeachThunder said:

Hmm, so it seems! Good on them. Still my point stands with RDR's 10+ mil.

I may be wrong on this one, but I'm almost sure that there was some massive fan petition going around, but Rockstar just ignored it.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JerichoBlyth

LA Noire was a good port for PC, so god knows why they wouldn't want to make a quick buck out of Red Dead....oh wait, everybody bought LA Noire in the bloody steam sale didn't they?

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hmmisee

God damn, if only man, if only.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By gbrading

Never say never, but I think it's highly unlikely at this stage. LA Noire was great and a good PC version, but it's now been 2 years since RDR. Although Alan Wake was for PC released 2 years after it's console release, that was Remedy Entertainment doing it off their own backs. I don't see Rockstar San Diego doing anything like that.

It's really sad. I don't own a console and I've love to play that game.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cannonballbam

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

GFWL ruined my experience. Not just the whole XBLA login situation but the save files being corrupt if you uninstall GFWL.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JZ

Just play ac3

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Sooty

@Butano said:

laptops coming with onboard graphics still don't match the 360 capabilities.

They do. Intel's HD4000 (integrated & inside most mid range laptops) is a better performer than the Xbox 360 is. How far we've come.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By psylah

They should port good games to the PC.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By butano

@Sooty: Well I'll be damned....that is pretty impressive. I stand corrected then.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Nope! Console exclusive.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @Wong_Fei_Hung said:

Don't think I'll pick it up again, either they port it to PC so I can enjoy it like I should have when it came out, or it's gonna rot in my PS3. Fuck that auto lock aiming shit, god damn.
    @Jrinswand said:

Um, a very good reason for them to port it to PC now as opposed to two years ago (two years, not 'years ago' bro ^^) is their finally proper game engine that ran Max Payne 3 on the PC like you were dining in heaven.
    There are load times in Red Dead? and last time I checked (on the 360) the game is gorgeous, not Witcher 2 on PC w/ max settings good, but still stunning, mainly because of the style the game has. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.