Summerjam Shamejam 2013

Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

Hey duders, I thought about doing this as a list or a poll, but I haven't blogged since 2011. There are too many choices to make an effective poll, or clutter it up with pics too much as a list.

I make no apologies for my pile of shame. Life's like that. So I have some awfully old stuff I really want to finish up and be done with. All of these I either haven't started, or haven't reached the halfway point. Probably everything on the list is a minimum 10 hour commitment, for RPGs maybe up to 40.

• Your top 3 votes will be weighted. No write-ins, please.
  • This list doesn't include recent games I'll play anyway. It's also not about achievements, just getting through to the credits at an enjoyable pace.
  • I'm no livestreamer, but I could indeed capture a highlight reel of almost anything for an Amateur Bombastica or blog about the game(s).
  • Thanks for allowing me to feel joy again!! :D
  1. Alpha Protocol
  2. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  3. Banjo Kazooie N&B
  4. Bayonetta
  5. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  6. Dark Void
  7. Darkness 2
  8. Darksiders 1
  9. Darksiders 2
  10. Dead Island
  11. Dead Rising 2
  12. Epic Mickey 1
  13. Dungeon Siege III
  14. Enslaved
  15. Fable 2
  16. Final Fantasy XII
  17. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  18. Folklore
  19. Grand Theft Auto - Liberty/Vice City Stories
  20. Grey Matter
  21. Just Cause 2
  22. Kameo
  23. Kid Icarus Uprising
  24. Killer 7
  25. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  26. Kirby's Epic Yarn
  27. Lost Odyssey
  28. Mother 3
  29. Muramasa
  30. Ninja Gaiden 2 (preordered this bastard)
  31. Odin Sphere
  32. Okami
  33. Psychonauts (I own about 3 copies)
  34. Rayman Origins
  35. Red Dead Redemption
  36. Red Faction Guerrilla
  37. Red Steel 2
  38. Riddick (Dark Athena, mainly)
  39. Rogue Galaxy
  40. Saboteur
  41. Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
  42. Singularity
  43. Spy Fiction
  44. Star Wars: Force Unleashed (either)
  45. Valkyria Chronicles 1
  46. Wheelman
  47. Xenosaga 2
  48. Paper Mario ______ (I am almost done with Super)
  49. Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube o' course)
  50. Zelda: Skyward Sword
  51. Fuck it, just play MMOs and refinish your damn BurgerTime cabinet!

>B

Edit: Attaching to site pages with votes received! Edit2: Uh, I guess it doesn't show up? #newsite

#1 Posted by ZombiePie (5587 posts) -

I'm going to be evil with my "ballot," but here we go:

• Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Psychonauts

Psychonauts get my recommendation in large part because of the hilarity and joy that Double Fine has provided to Giant Bomb. As for Alpha Protocol I hear that @rorie worked on that game, but I'm not sure.

Then for my final and truly nefarious vote I'm going to vote for Final Fantasy XIII-2 because I think it would be hilarious if you played 2 before having completed the first game.

#2 Edited by mintyice (170 posts) -

Mother 3

Red Dead Redemption

Okami or Killer 7

#3 Posted by Mento (2443 posts) -

I'll say Psychonauts, Singularity and Rogue Galaxy (in that order, if that's what you're doing). The first two because they're decent, interesting games that won't take you too long to beat (seems like the theme here is "I want to play all these eventually but my time is limited what with everything coming in August and beyond") and Rogue Galaxy as my pick among the many games on that list that will probably take a long while. Level-5's PS2 output had the most consistently excellent JRPGs of the previous generation.

I'll be playing Kirby's Epic Yarn and Mother 3 before Summer is out, so I'll get back to you on those. I could easily recommend another 50% of that list too, but why make it more difficult to cut that monster down?

#4 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@zombiepie: HaHA! But of course I've completed FFXIII, I didn't put Xenosaga 1 or 3 on the list either. ;) Not finishing FFXII, a game I bought and started with a friend the 2006 day of release is the only thing even more shameful than buying two copies of XIII... thinking I'd finish it on PS3 for video quality and 360 for points. Ha.....ha...? *weeps*

Now you understand why I seek outside help. Also I named the Mac I bought in 2006 iValice. Professional help.

@mento: As for Psychonauts, the level I reached on my Xbox 1 copy was the Milkman level. I should just start over on PC, even though my XB1 is still hooked up.

@mintyice: I like those choices, yessir!

#5 Posted by bobafettjm (1407 posts) -

This is a tough one, there were about 6-7 I wanted to choose, but ended up with:

1. Rayman Origins
  2. Red Dead Redemption
  3. Kirby's Epic Yarn
#6 Posted by Legend (2652 posts) -

Okami/ Skward Sword/ Twilight Princess (all are great ^_^)

Dead Rising 2

Rayman Origins

#7 Posted by Mr_Creeper (645 posts) -

1. Red Dead Redemption for sure. This was one of my top games from 2011.

2. Honestly, I'm in the same boat as you. Way too many un-played games - including a ton on your list. So, my best call based on what I've finished would be Dead Rising 2.

3. Fuck it, just play MMO's. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

#8 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

Even with a lot of tie votes, both in quantity and when weighted, this was my Top 3. Thanks all!

• RDR
  • Psychonauts
  • Dead Rising 2

Putting a third story heavy game like Okami in, or a second cartoony platformer like Rayman, probably ensures I'll never make it through them all. Just a month left! T___T

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.