Wow what a ending.............

#1 Posted by xnoxiousx (121 posts) -

I just finished it and wow......

I wish he did not die i was so happy when he went home his family was actually there i wish they just ended it there but no army came he died and then 3 years later the mother dies and you play as the kid at end of the game so you can keep playing wtf?

All i can say it was so sad i actually almost cried it one of those games not many games can do only few made me feel sad but i cared about john and what happened. 

#2 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Their is a strangers quest in blackwater. I HIGHLY recommend you go their and do it.

#3 Posted by Jugg (31 posts) -

Agreed
@Dany said:

" Their is a strangers quest in blackwater. I HIGHLY recommend you go their and do it. "
#4 Posted by xnoxiousx (121 posts) -

Okay thanks but does that close hole story 

After that ending im expecting a rdr 2 where you play as jack and hunt down all people who killed john.

#5 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -
@xnoxiousx said:

" Okay thanks but does that close hole story    After that ending im expecting a rdr 2 where you play as jack and hunt down all people who killed john. "

@Dany said:

" Their is a strangers quest in blackwater. I HIGHLY recommend you go their and do it. "

Don't ask what to expect from it, do that strangers quest soon. I'm beeing vague for a clear reason...which is an oxymoron right?
#6 Posted by Cramsy (1160 posts) -

Although it was sad that John copped it, in the end, he still was a murderer and an outlaw. Just because you round up a few cows and help a guy plunge to his death on a crappy flying machine doesn't make up for it.  

Amazing game. Did you do the 'I Know You' questline?

#7 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

The ending to RDR was well played indeed. Also you should definitely do that strangers quest in Blackwater.

#8 Posted by Yummylee (20625 posts) -

Been a while since an ending moved me =(. Think MGS4 was the last one before hand.

#9 Posted by xnoxiousx (121 posts) -
@Cramsy said:
" Although it was sad that John copped it, in the end, he still was a murderer and an outlaw. Just because you round up a few cows and help a guy plunge to his death on a crappy flying machine doesn't make up for it.   Amazing game. Did you do the 'I Know You' questline? "
Every one deserves a second chance. Besides he should have been locked up and not killed.
#10 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5122 posts) -
@xnoxiousx:
Everyone does not deserve a second chance.  And back then they didn't lock up murderers like they do today, especially in the west.  They always went to the gallows.
#11 Posted by xnoxiousx (121 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse said:
" @xnoxiousx: Everyone does not deserve a second chance.  And back then they didn't lock up murderers like they do today, especially in the west.  They always went to the gallows. "
I some what agree but still depends on how you view it.
#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Cramsy said:
"  he still was a murderer and an outlaw. Just because you round up a few cows and help a guy plunge to his death on a crappy flying machine doesn't make up for it.    "
haha that was an awesome justification :P
#13 Posted by Trnck (448 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Cramsy said:
"  he still was a murderer and an outlaw. Just because you round up a few cows and help a guy plunge to his death on a crappy flying machine doesn't make up for it.    "
haha that was an awesome justification :P "
My John Marston didn't do that though...
I am one Beaver short, and they are so hard to find "near the rivers in the north"...
#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Trnck said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Cramsy said:
haha that was an awesome justification :P "
My John Marston didn't do that though... I am one Beaver short, and they are so hard to find "near the rivers in the north"... "
dude, if I found the beavers easily (and im known to bitch/ask often, and always believe that i will fail), then you should find them 
use Youtube. you get to see the exact location in the videos, and be able to go exactly there afterwards. oh and, only at night, dude.. only at night.
#15 Posted by DillonWerner (1521 posts) -

I wish I could have played that cut scene... John would still be alive.

#16 Posted by dirtier (7 posts) -

I hope the DLC for Red Dead Redemption coming in October will let us play with John Marston again.

#17 Posted by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -
@xnoxiousx: Thats nice to hear- but its not the ending until you see the credits.
#18 Posted by mockenoff (7 posts) -
@MysteriousBob: that's what I have to tell everyone, but no one will listen! As if I would lie about the (very depressing yet somehow reassuring) ending to a video game... 
Hot damn do I love Red Dead Redemption.
#19 Posted by CrazyBagMan (801 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @xnoxiousx: Thats nice to hear- but its not the ending until you see the credits. "
The truth.
#20 Posted by RaceKickfist (218 posts) -

i just beat it yesterday. extremely satisfying game, and i love how the ending breaks conventions.  awesome game! 

now im gonna run around and be a bad guy. yay!

#21 Posted by Jennacide (94 posts) -

I just finished this game today (I know, I'm behind the times). And wow... that ending was just... wow. 

Kinda made me sick. It's odd to get attached to this man, try and fix up his life... and then watch him be destroyed. Ugh.  

Kudos to Rocktar for doing it well, though
#22 Posted by ChristopherWilliams (3 posts) -

I was so happy to kill that agent shot that nigga 5 times in the face with dead eye ecxpert.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.