Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

After beating it, final thoughts.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vhold

You save up all this salvage to get bigger and more awesome weapons, but the opportunity to use them keeps decreasing.  As you have already destroyed all the EDF buildings and taken control, the world becomes duller and duller.  Sure, that's the point, take control of the world, but it's not a very good game design here, the coolest part of the game, blowing up stuff and getting in crazy battles, goes away as you play.

It practically felt like the game simply had a preset limited amount of play in it, getting salvage is tedious, and you can't start a new game with the weapons you've earned, so that makes replaying from scratch more annoying than cool.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By tekmojo

I kind of agree. The game is awesome, it's just a shame that you can't buy all of the booster packs from multiplayer, or unlock cheats for them.

LiquidNitro12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By LiquidNitro12

hey does anyone know why after you beat the game the house arrest are all still highlighted but everytyhing else isnt?

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @LiquidNitro12 said:
    " hey does anyone know why after you beat the game the house arrest are all still highlighted but everytyhing else isnt? "
    It is a glitch.  I recommend trying to finish all activities before the last mission(s).
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Snipzor

Personally, I wish they had the rebuilding tool in Single Player, that was my favorite thing about the game.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By EpicSteve

Best post title, ever. 

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Snipzor
    @EpicSteve: There's no need to discharge your perception of the title in the thread. God knows that sort of thing will snowball into something worse, probably having people blowing the joke out of proportion.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By EpicSteve
    @Snipzor said:
    " @EpicSteve: There's no need to discharge your perception of the title in the thread. God knows that sort of thing will snowball into something worse, probably having people blowing the joke out of proportion. "
    I know. I didn't really want to be that guy, but it was an impulse post. 
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snipzor
    @EpicSteve said:
    " @Snipzor said:
    " @EpicSteve: There's no need to discharge your perception of the title in the thread. God knows that sort of thing will snowball into something worse, probably having people blowing the joke out of proportion. "
    I know. I didn't really want to be that guy, but it was an impulse post. 
    "
    As was mine. Note, there were three sex jokes in my post.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By StarFoxA

I disagree about finding salvage being tedious (I just got it as I wrecked stuff), but I do agree with your other point. I think CheapyD said something would be cool, like a "reset buildings" option or something.

Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @StarFoxA:  The best way to reset buildings is to start one of the Collateral Damage activities.  This causes buildings to respawn along the route for that activity.  They will remain intact when the activity ends if you don't destroy them during it.  The same goes for Demolition activities.  Just start, then leave the circle area to cancel.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Origina1Penguin: That's pretty awesome, but it would be nice for Volition to release a "reset buildings" option. Not just those along a set path.
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @StarFoxA:  Yeah, it would be nice.  And it doesn't seem like it would be hard to do.  Letting weapons carry over to a new game as mentioned would be great too.
    HawkSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By HawkSE

Well now that there's DLC announced, now there's reason to keep upgrading...

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Matt_

Personally, this game really lost steam around the halfway point. After that, the game gradually slowed from being fun to play to a chore to beat. I am somewhat of a completionist but at one point I had to give up on completing the side missions because I just wanted to be done with this game. The last level or mission was the most frustrating anti-climactic ending to a game in a while. Definitely left this game feeling disappointed. But, that is not to say I didn't enjoy playing the majority of it. It just got a little long in the tooth.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By ImperiousRix

Kinda agree.  I thought Red Faction was a good game, yes, but it definitely started out super strong and faded as the game went on.  I just really felt burnt out after the single-player, and although I hear great things about the multiplayer, I just believe I've played enough Red Faction for one lifetime.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.