Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Am I the only one who didn't enjoy the game?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

I don't understand why. The game seems to contain the fundamentals for a sweet action game, but I can't get into it. I find it boring, despite the level of destructibility. Perhaps it's the bland level design, or the lack of color in the world. I don't know.

Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Matt_

It took a while for me to get into it. You just have to change your mindset I think. For instance I thought it was kind of bland too, but then I started doing some missions and thinking about creative ways to approach different tasks. It can get kind of fun the more creative you get in accomplishing your goals. For instance, you are on a hostage rescue mission. Do you go in the frong guns ablazing or do you set demo charges on the perimeter wall and blow it to high heaven and go shock and awe through the back. I think that player creativity is the make or break for people. It's not gonna show the cool things you can do up front. You have to think outside the box and figure out. This is all my personal opinion though. You may play games differently than me.

ChasingTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ChasingTheSun

Well maybe it just isn't your cup of tea, I suggest as Matt_ said to approach mission differently, think of what may be most fun for you, even if you fail the mission you can still get a kick out of it, I don't get your point with the whole lack of color in the world though, It's mars, I don't think it's supposed to have much color, Eos does have a more "alive" feeling to it, you might want to check it out.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MistaSparkle
    @ChasingTheSun said:
    "Well maybe it just isn't your cup of tea, I suggest as Matt_ said to approach mission differently, think of what may be most fun for you, even if you fail the mission you can still get a kick out of it, I don't get your point with the whole lack of color in the world though, It's mars, I don't think it's supposed to have much color, Eos does have a more "alive" feeling to it, you might want to check it out."

I agree either its not ur type of game, or u just need to play and get into it a little more. Have u tried multiplayer?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.