Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Any News On an SDK for RF:G?

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MrGetBonus

So has anyone heard if they will be releasing an SDK for PC version of Red Faction: Guerrilla? All I found through Google was a random sourceless forum post saying no which makes me sad.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Shivoa

Confirmed, not even a map editor because their content pipeline involves direct exports from 3DSMax (it would seem is implied) and taking the time to create a mod community would waste resources they already have working on new titles (yes, this is basically a confirmation that the PC version is a port job and the porting studio have been paid in full and sent on their way with only a few guys left to patch out the worst bugs before moving on).

It seems a shame the PC legs of this have been crippled by not being able to craft an in-engine editor for the main terrain (onto which the existing pre-fab buildings / props could be placed and users could pray they placed them well enough to not fall apart).  The Wrecking Crew mode is crying out for a UGC menu and sharing of custom levels with creator high scores etc but I guess we'll never see that.

source

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrGetBonus

Ah, bummer. Guess I won't be picking it up after all. An editor for this game woulda been amazing. Anyway, thanks for the info.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.