Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Diary of Alec Mason, a Red Faction guerrilla

Jerky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jerky

Jan 4, 2120.  Off to Mars to mine with my brother Dan.  Dan gets into a lot of trouble and fancies himself a revolutionary.  Good thing there’s no strife on Mars. 

Jan 10, 2120.  Dan got gunned down by a helicopter thing, and then I smacked some dude with a hammer.  Maybe it’s the Martian gravity or something, but that SOB went FLYING!  I wish I had a camera.  I would’ve YouTube’d that shit.  Bummed about Dan though.  He owed me 60 astro-bucks.

Feb 1, 2120.  These EDF guys seem to be major jerks.  I’m just minding my own business, smashing buildings for scrap material so I can get Sam to turn them into a sweet rocket launcher, and they come over with their “this isn’t your house why are you hitting it with a hammer” bullshit.  So I electrocuted a bunch of them.  For the cause, of course.

Feb 3, 2120.  Got really hammered last night.  Hahah, get it, hammered?  But seriously, I need a good hangover cure.

Feb 22, 2120.  Why are they called the Earth Defense Force, anyway?  Isn’t this Mars?  Also, I thought I saw a tree, but it turned out to be some minerals.

March 11, 2120.  Hit things with my hammer.

March 17, 2120.  So I followed a marauder into their stronghold, but there were none there.  Just a little nano-thing on top of a cow skull.  How the hell did they get a cow onto Mars?

March 18, 2120.  We kidnapped this EDF colonel today – it was the first day I really felt like I was doing illegal stuff.  Gotta ask Hugo about this…  We went from freedom fighters to torturers?  This guy gave us solid info, why not release him a few weeks later?  That interrogator lady…  I still have nightmares about what she did with those astro-pliers.

March 22, 2120 .  So that nanokerjigger is in a rifle that erases matter.  You'd think those marauders would protect it better..  But I guess that would also explain why they fight with shovels while I have a machine gun.

April 1, 2120.  I decided to leave Red Faction and join the EDF!  They do have much nicer uni—hahah, April fools! 

April 9, 2120.  Headed into Eos now.  I asked about the ‘red bandana on the arm’ thing, and how it kinda gives us away.  Hugo told me “everyone needs a banner, Alec.  This is ours.”  You’d think the EDF guys would spot these and just arrest us.  I guess they have more important things to do, though.  Like make up fake news stories.

April 10, 2120.  Just saw my wanted billboard.  SCAR ON LEFT CHEEK?  Great, thanks for bringing that up.  I feel just like Tina Fey now.  PLEASE STOP ASKING ABOUT IT.

May 4, 2120.  So I hear some guy with a similar name is beating up zombies or something in New York City?  Real original, ALEX MERCER.  Sorry, there’s only one Alec Mason, and that’s me.  Don’t try to pull my “want to see my REAL hammer, baby?” line either, or I will SO come back to Earth and kick your ass.

May 16, 2120.  Blew up a building with a fancy new thermobaric rocket.  This building apparently had a bunch of captain of industry types in it, like the Five Families, except of legitimate businesses.  Thermobaric rockets can’t be good for the environment, though.  We’ve been terraforming for a while, sure.  But each one consumes so much oxygen!  Hope the CO2 scrubbers around here are working…  and also, I hope I haven’t blown them up or hit them with a hammer.

May 17, 2120.   Fuck it’s cold! 

June 2, 2120.  Went on a raid to blow up a shopping mall.  Even the other insurgents were wondering out loud about this one.  Sure, there was an EDF presence there (ya know, since we started shooting and blowing shit up), but it was a mall…  I was hoping to grab some Sbarro there too, guess I’ll have to go to the one way the hell in Parker.

Jerky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jerky

Jan 4, 2120.  Off to Mars to mine with my brother Dan.  Dan gets into a lot of trouble and fancies himself a revolutionary.  Good thing there’s no strife on Mars. 

Jan 10, 2120.  Dan got gunned down by a helicopter thing, and then I smacked some dude with a hammer.  Maybe it’s the Martian gravity or something, but that SOB went FLYING!  I wish I had a camera.  I would’ve YouTube’d that shit.  Bummed about Dan though.  He owed me 60 astro-bucks.

Feb 1, 2120.  These EDF guys seem to be major jerks.  I’m just minding my own business, smashing buildings for scrap material so I can get Sam to turn them into a sweet rocket launcher, and they come over with their “this isn’t your house why are you hitting it with a hammer” bullshit.  So I electrocuted a bunch of them.  For the cause, of course.

Feb 3, 2120.  Got really hammered last night.  Hahah, get it, hammered?  But seriously, I need a good hangover cure.

Feb 22, 2120.  Why are they called the Earth Defense Force, anyway?  Isn’t this Mars?  Also, I thought I saw a tree, but it turned out to be some minerals.

March 11, 2120.  Hit things with my hammer.

March 17, 2120.  So I followed a marauder into their stronghold, but there were none there.  Just a little nano-thing on top of a cow skull.  How the hell did they get a cow onto Mars?

March 18, 2120.  We kidnapped this EDF colonel today – it was the first day I really felt like I was doing illegal stuff.  Gotta ask Hugo about this…  We went from freedom fighters to torturers?  This guy gave us solid info, why not release him a few weeks later?  That interrogator lady…  I still have nightmares about what she did with those astro-pliers.

March 22, 2120 .  So that nanokerjigger is in a rifle that erases matter.  You'd think those marauders would protect it better..  But I guess that would also explain why they fight with shovels while I have a machine gun.

April 1, 2120.  I decided to leave Red Faction and join the EDF!  They do have much nicer uni—hahah, April fools! 

April 9, 2120.  Headed into Eos now.  I asked about the ‘red bandana on the arm’ thing, and how it kinda gives us away.  Hugo told me “everyone needs a banner, Alec.  This is ours.”  You’d think the EDF guys would spot these and just arrest us.  I guess they have more important things to do, though.  Like make up fake news stories.

April 10, 2120.  Just saw my wanted billboard.  SCAR ON LEFT CHEEK?  Great, thanks for bringing that up.  I feel just like Tina Fey now.  PLEASE STOP ASKING ABOUT IT.

May 4, 2120.  So I hear some guy with a similar name is beating up zombies or something in New York City?  Real original, ALEX MERCER.  Sorry, there’s only one Alec Mason, and that’s me.  Don’t try to pull my “want to see my REAL hammer, baby?” line either, or I will SO come back to Earth and kick your ass.

May 16, 2120.  Blew up a building with a fancy new thermobaric rocket.  This building apparently had a bunch of captain of industry types in it, like the Five Families, except of legitimate businesses.  Thermobaric rockets can’t be good for the environment, though.  We’ve been terraforming for a while, sure.  But each one consumes so much oxygen!  Hope the CO2 scrubbers around here are working…  and also, I hope I haven’t blown them up or hit them with a hammer.

May 17, 2120.   Fuck it’s cold! 

June 2, 2120.  Went on a raid to blow up a shopping mall.  Even the other insurgents were wondering out loud about this one.  Sure, there was an EDF presence there (ya know, since we started shooting and blowing shit up), but it was a mall…  I was hoping to grab some Sbarro there too, guess I’ll have to go to the one way the hell in Parker.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

excellent

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.