Easy way to get salvage?

#1 Posted by Killroycantkill (1400 posts) -

Has anyone found an easy way to get salavage? I just finished the game but I still need a bunch more salvage to get the rest of the upgrades. Do you get any salvage from multiplayer? Share your discoveries I guess.

#2 Posted by francesthemule (155 posts) -

Did you go around finding ore deposits? That seems to help.
Don't know too much else, only played about 5 hrs so far.

#3 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Yeah, ore deposits and doing missions appear to be the best method of getting salvage.

#4 Posted by tekmojo (2301 posts) -

Small EDF bases coupled with a few towers are loaded with salvage. Grab a walker if you can find one and plow away.

#5 Posted by StarFoxA (5146 posts) -

Medium and high importance targets get you a ton of salvage. If you check your map, any of the red buildings are good too.

#6 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Doing raids with fellow NPCs in the game almost always farmed a ton of scrap for me. I think I got 200 metal at one raid doing it, but there were a lot off buildings I had to blow up. 200 might not be much, though.

#7 Posted by bwooduhs (1616 posts) -

Get a heavy Walker and head for EDF property.

#8 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

GOD, I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!  I hope Blockbuster has it in stock this week...

#9 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" GOD, I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!  I hope Blockbuster has it in stock this week... "
GameFly is your friend.
#10 Posted by MB (12251 posts) -

There doesn't seem to be enough salvage in this game compared to how much the numerous unlocks and upgrades cost. I just destroyed a heavily defended building and got about 12 salvage for it. Really? It seems like the only decent way to get a good amount of salvage is to do the Red Faction missions, but those are few and far between.

I'm calling it right now - this was a bad design choice.

#11 Edited by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

By the end of the game, I only needed 625 salvage for the last two upgrades.  I could have easily had that if I didn't skip ore deposits and EDF crates.

Even the smallest of the EDF controlled buildings (red on mini-map) give you salvage.  Completing pro times gives you twice as much salvage for transporter and demolition activities.  There is a very nice balance to the salvage in the game.  If you are constantly low, then I recommend not spending salvage on weapons upgrades for weapons you don't use.  I didn't use any of the unlocked weapons except for the Nano rifle and its upgrades.

#12 Posted by PercyChuggs (1087 posts) -
@Karmum said:
"
@jakob187 said:
" GOD, I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!  I hope Blockbuster has it in stock this week... "
GameFly is your friend. "

So he should sign up for GameFly, hope the game is available and it ships to him, and wait the 3-4 days for it to come, instead of just swing by his local Blockbuster and see if he can be playing it within 15 minutes?
#13 Posted by MB (12251 posts) -
@PercyChuggs: When I was a GameFly subscriber, turnaround time was one business day.
#14 Edited by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Easier way I found to get salvage, is to leave a lot of the clusters of building targets alone & do the other guerilla tasks to get the control down. After that area is liberated, just go to the areas where the edf buildings are at when they are unguarded & just start driving/nuking the place & then collect all the salvage. Test out a lot of buildings & other things in each area to find what will give out the salvage, some of the ruined vehicles will also give you a few pieces.

#15 Posted by MB (12251 posts) -
@fox01313: That's a good idea, I know there are some EDF buildings left over in the last sector I just liberated, I'll have to go back there and check it out.
#16 Edited by Karmum (11519 posts) -
@PercyChuggs:
Yes, because I do that. I have a Blockbuster within 5 minutes of me, but their selection is terrible and they gave my family some problems a few years ago. I don't know about you, but I get my games in like two days of them being sent out. They are sent out on or before release date, and I get them a day or two after release date. I wonder if my Blockbuster has those games in on/after release date?

Edit - However, this is not the point of the topic.
#17 Posted by LoudMercenary (1 posts) -

Best way to get salvage when u complete game is old EDF building and ore deposits,  completed it twice and thats wht i do

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.