Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

Is there a "New Game Plus" option after completing the campaign?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

Just wondering what the replay value us like for single player. Can you start a new game and carry over all of your unlocked equipment and upgrades? What happens once the story is complete, does the game end or can you free roam and keep upgrading?

RF:G wasn't attached to the New Game Plus concept but it's still new so I figured it was worth asking.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

To answer your question MB, you can continue to play after you beat the game. I'm not sure on if you create a new story, if everything moves over, but you can continue to play after you beat the game.

Edit - Beating the game unlocks Insane mode, and the remaining EDF after you beat the game become harder to fight. I tried a new save on Insane (which I don't intend to play on), and I did not have anything from my previous save.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By StarFoxA

I've heard that you can complete guerrilla actions that you didn't do (but on a harder difficulty), and just explore Mars.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike
    @StarFoxA said:
    " I've heard that you can complete guerrilla actions that you didn't do (but on a harder difficulty), and just explore Mars. "
    That doesn't sound too appealing.
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Drebin_893

I beleive there is not.. Sorry, MB

ChasingTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ChasingTheSun

Well, you don't get anything (except Insane mode) and you don't get to carry your weapons through the new save. yes you can keep playing after completion of the game's main storyline, you still get calls on Couriers and Convoys and you can finish the guerrilla actions you have left behind. Personally I have found the second playthrough more satisfying right from the start, maybe it's because I've gotten used to the feel of the game, or because I feel the liberty to try things the different way.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187
    @MB said:
    "@StarFoxA said: 
    " I've heard that you can complete guerrilla actions that you didn't do (but on a harder difficulty), and just explore Mars. "
    That doesn't sound too appealing. "
    Well, from what I'm playing of it, it's TOTALLY appealing to me!!!   =  P

One question I have, though:  I've heard that once you get past Eos Sector, there are some achievements for collection and stuff you can't go back and do.  Is this true, because if so, then that sucks shit!
    Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Box3ru13

When you start a new game do you get access to the cheats you've unlocked on your first playthrough? If not then It'll be awhile before i pick this one up again after i beat it 100% in the campaign. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.