Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

It's the little things that make this game great.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vhold  Online

So, in most games, when you buy an ammo upgrade, it usually upgrades it by like 20% or so, and it's kind of an annoying upgrade to even have in the game.  In this game, I just bought a remote charges upgrade, that took me from 18 to 30 which is 66.66% more!

I donno, for some reason, that just thawed my jaded heart.  Time to go wreck things with 2/3rds more abandon.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

I love how you can make paths to wherever you want on the map. That is incredibly helpful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't know my penis was in this game

Wait, what?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Tarsier said:
    " so can you burrow holes in mountains or is it just buildings and stuff that you can destroy? i've always wanted a game where i could shoot rockets and make tunnel around like a worm =p "
    You can't destroy the terrain. Just buildings. But it's still a ton of fun.
    vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vhold  Online

As far as making paths on the map, one of the things I just discovered is that the potential for off-road driving is way greater then the nav system suggests.  I just pulled off a convoy intercept mission I woulda normally failed by just offroading it to the break-away vehicle, bypassing huge amounts of switchbacking.  Those cliff walls are more climbable then they look, if you have the right vehicle and enough speed.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Tarsier: The gunplay works surprisingly well. There is a wide variety of weapons available for use, ranging from thermobaric missiles, acidic guns (that literally disintegrate other people and buildings), and tons of other awesome, unique weapons. It's a pretty competant third person shooter.

There are a few unique modes that center around destruction (which are a lot of fun), but other than that destruction is completely optional (and you can destroy anything, just like in the single player). The matches I've experienced have been pretty different each time (mostly because of the large amount of game types and maps to play on).
    Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    @Tarsier said:
    " so can you burrow holes in mountains or is it just buildings and stuff that you can destroy? i've always wanted a game where i could shoot rockets and make tunnel around like a worm =p "
    The first Red Faction let you do that.  There's a limit to the number of explosions you can make withing each loaded area though.  You can probably pick it up really cheap now, and I still enjoy it and recommend it.
    Kaddion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kaddion
    @StarFoxA:
    Destruction may be optional on non-Siege/Demolition maps, but for CTF Fall Factor it is almost a requirement. All bridges gots to go!
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarFoxA said:
    "
    @Tarsier said:
    You can't destroy the terrain. Just buildings. But it's still a ton of fun. "
    If you could fly trought mountains 
    it would be 
    power level 9000
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Jayge_
    @vhold said:
    " So, in most games, when you buy an ammo upgrade, it usually upgrades it by like 20% or so, and it's kind of an annoying upgrade to even have in the game.  In this game, I just bought a remote charges upgrade, that took me from 18 to 30 which is 66.66% more!I donno, for some reason, that just thawed my jaded heart.  Time to go wreck things with 2/3rds more abandon. "
    Yeah, and after that you get to unlock like a bajillion more things that would normally just be given to you if you didn't have to go scrounging around for magical blue metal all the time. The collection aspects of the game almost annoy me more than getting swarmed by insectoid Martian assholes who never learned to shoot. Almost. Still having great fun though. Mostly in multiplayer.
    Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Carlos1408

I just ordered this game on Amazon can't wait to play it, the demo was awesome

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scooper

I'm gunna wait for Jeff's review before I pick it up but I had a lot of fun playing the multiplayer demo.

francesthemule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By francesthemule

The multiplayer is hella fun!
    Rocket launcher+thrust backpack=awesome

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ahriman22
    @Tarsier said:
    "
    @StarFoxA said:
    "
    @Tarsier said:
    aw :(
    oh well, few questions about the multiplayer:

how is the gunplay? the trailers i saw looked a bit shoddy in that department
    how does the destructible stuff work in gameplay? 
    do the matches turn out pretty differently each time or is there kind of one way to do things?
    "
    Rocket propelled grenade vs giant mountain.

Hrm... I wonder who wins.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_
    @Tarsier said:
    "
    @StarFoxA said:
    "
    @Tarsier said:
    aw :(
    oh well, few questions about the multiplayer:

how is the gunplay? the trailers i saw looked a bit shoddy in that department
    how does the destructible stuff work in gameplay? 
    do the matches turn out pretty differently each time or is it linear at all?
    "
    Matches can turn out very differently each time. Of course, with standard modes like Team Anarchy (Team Deathmatch) and Anarchy (free-for-all), the gameplay is pretty standard, but for objective modes there are many ways to play. Weird spawns in CTF, for instance, allow people to actually capture the other team's base, effectively controlling scoring a majority of the time. Of course, this can easily be countered in many ways, such as taking over *their* base and stalemating it. You can also just play normal CTF. To improve your teammate's flag-capturing abilities, you can level certain areas to provide cover while creating useful pockets and openings for a small group of people to break through. In a variant of King of the Hill that revolves around multiple objectives, you can either prevent the enemy from capturing any at all while only maintaining one for yourself (maximizing offense and enemy chaos while focusing your defense), or you can control a majority of them and simply cage the enemy in on their single objective point. Destruction always plays a large part in how you move around the map and how the map flow goes. These are just a couple of examples. It's surprisingly dynamic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.