Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Jun 02, 2009

After the death of his brother at the hands of a corrupt Earth government, Alec Mason has no choice but to join the Red Faction terrorist cell and fight to free Mars from Earth oppression.

So I finally beat this game today

Vandersveldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vandersveldt

To get the playstyle out of the way, I was playing on hard, no walkthrough, and first time through. I DID have to look up 3 of the paths to take for a pro time on transporters though... not proud of those. I made sure to attempt to figure them out for at least an hour before looking up answers. 2 of them, I know I never would have found.

Other than those damn transporter missions, I figured everything out on my own, and used my own tactics, the game was fairly punishing, I have to say I enjoyed it. That last mission... I could see that thing driving people insane. You finally are able to make it to the end of the tank run without dying most of the time, and there's a run and gun segment, with planes overhead. (I was using the nano rifle, the explosive charges, and the explosive disc thrower). A couple of times through that, and you can finally make it to the top most runs. And there's a giant tank that blows up. Alright, so you keep trying, getting better and better, finally blow up the tank... And seriously? The generals down but there's like 4 vehicles with gunners in them? Wouldn't have been so bad, but you have to do the WHOLE THING in ONE RUN. But you know what, I like that from my games to be honest. I feel pretty bad ass about finally beating that.

Anyway, what'd you guys think about this game? I finished with about 30 hours I think, somewhere between 25-30. All demo missions were done, all but 2 transporter (and one didn't show up until after I beat it, no idea where the other one is.). I have pro time on every guerrilla mission I could find... and the upgrades that were for sale were the jetpack, and the thermo rocket thing. Although I could afford that AFTER beating the game, lot of help there lol. 

So. Was I doing it wrong? Is there a way to make this game a bit easier than I was finding it? Did I take too long, did I actually do pretty awesome? How'd you guys do?

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev

Wow you finished it on hard, good going I thought the game was hard enough on normal but I never used the cover system which is kind of a funny addition given what the game is all about. 

I really like this game, not to use the word underrated too much but it is kinda underrated. The game sets out to do something and does it very well. 

Not sure how long it took me but I only did about 4 of those transporter mission before I knew I didnt want to do any more, the demo challenges were the best I would have like a few more of those in the game. 
    Also the multiplayer is a lot of fun and works very well.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By bed

i thought it was alright. it was fun but the story was seriously lame. the last mission was crazy but the ending was awful. ah well, i shouldn't have expected much. i spent a lot of time destroying all the target buildings. 

Vandersveldt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Vandersveldt
    @ShaneDev: The cover system was a joke. It was all about patience, not minding retrying, and headshot. Lots and lots of headshots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.