Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 13, 2011

Heroes of Stalingrad is Tripwire's new sequel to Red Orchestra. This time around the sequel takes full advantage of the Unreal 3 engine.

Beta Quick Look?

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dezztroy

So now that the DDE beta is out, any chance of us getting a Quick Look of it?

Oh, the game is simply amazing, by the way.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Giant Bomb's quick looks of PC games are really boring because they show you nothing and teach you nothing.. that QL would be pointless to be honest

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bicycleham
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Giant Bomb's quick looks of PC games are really boring because they show you nothing and teach you nothing.. that QL would be pointless to be honest
    Not if someone like Dave were to play.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DonPixel

I wanted to like this game, but men it is a broken snore fest. If the giantbomb crew wants to make a favor to this game they should wait a couple of months to this being patch oterwise they gonna spend half of the quicklook with the game crashing.

Also once you get to play it... ZZzzzZZzzz

:(

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Xolare said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Yea, if it's Dave he'll give us another awesome PC quick look where he reminisces about the games this game reminds him of, and discusses the history of the genre and the origin of the title/franchise, and talks about what this game allows you to do rather than doing it and showing us. 
    Nothing is sadder than watching Dave talk the talk without walking the walk.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bicycleham
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    @Xolare said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Yea, if it's Dave he'll give us another awesome PC quick look where he reminisces about the games this game reminds him of, and discusses the history of the genre and the origin of the title/franchise, and talks about what this game allows you to do rather than doing it and showing us. Nothing is sadder than watching Dave talk the talk without walking the walk.
    I'd rather have that than have the other guys ramble off about something completely different and poke around how to do stuff when it's clearly in front of their face.
    Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Giantstalker

Give me Vinny or Give me Death

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@Xolare said:

@AhmadMetallic said:
    @Xolare said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Yea, if it's Dave he'll give us another awesome PC quick look where he reminisces about the games this game reminds him of, and discusses the history of the genre and the origin of the title/franchise, and talks about what this game allows you to do rather than doing it and showing us. Nothing is sadder than watching Dave talk the talk without walking the walk.
    I'd rather have that than have the other guys ramble off about something completely different and poke around how to do stuff when it's clearly in front of their face.

True. Watching one of the four staffers play a PC game is painfully painful.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bicycleham
    @AhmadMetallic said:

@Xolare said:

@AhmadMetallic said:
    @Xolare said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    Yea, if it's Dave he'll give us another awesome PC quick look where he reminisces about the games this game reminds him of, and discusses the history of the genre and the origin of the title/franchise, and talks about what this game allows you to do rather than doing it and showing us. Nothing is sadder than watching Dave talk the talk without walking the walk.

True. Watching one of the four staffers play a PC game is painfully painful.

One can only have so much of Brad pulling a Brad.
    zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zaglis
    @AhmadMetallic said:
    no u
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I'm for it but the random crashing is quite painful at the moment.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By handlas

Don't have a PC anymore to play this game. Loved the first one. I would like a QL as well to see what I'm missing out of.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, if Brad, Jeff, or Ryan were to do this QL, it would probably end with some sort of statement along the lines of, "Well, it's not an AAA shooter... so you should probably just go buy an AAA shooter." 

Dave + Vinny might be able to enjoy it though. I imagine they'll QL the finished product but not the beta.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DonPixel

@Keenblaze said:

Yeah, if Brad, Jeff, or Ryan were to do this QL, it would probably end with some sort of statement along the lines of, "Well, it's not an AAA shooter... so you should probably just go buy an AAA shooter." Dave + Vinny might be able to enjoy it though. I imagine they'll QL the finished product but not the beta.

And that's true for most gammers, I consider a myself a pretty "enthusiast" gamer or hard core if you want to call it like that.

I hardly think this glorified mod worths the $30 they asking for, It is broken, boring and poor designed. I might get a lot of heat for this I like Tripwire but common this game is a no no.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By handlas
    @DonPixel said:

@Keenblaze said:

Yeah, if Brad, Jeff, or Ryan were to do this QL, it would probably end with some sort of statement along the lines of, "Well, it's not an AAA shooter... so you should probably just go buy an AAA shooter." Dave + Vinny might be able to enjoy it though. I imagine they'll QL the finished product but not the beta.

And that's true for most gammers, I consider a myself a pretty "enthusiast" gamer or hard core if you want to call it like that.

I hardly think this glorified mod worths the $30 they asking for, It is broken, boring and poor designed. I might get a lot of heat for this I like Tripwire but common this game is a no no.

They supported Red Orchestra 1 for a long long time (perhaps still?) updating and adding new content. So....
    Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dezztroy
    @DonPixel said:

@Keenblaze said:

"Glorified mod"? Oh, please. Just go back to CoD if this is too hard for you.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By benjaebe

The beta is pretty broken, what with the random crashing and all. They probably couldn't get it to work properly even if they wanted to.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dezztroy
    @benjaebe: It's just that, random. While you may crash often, I've had less than five in my 18 hours of playing.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DonPixel

@Dezztroy said:

@DonPixel said:

@Keenblaze said:

Man I'm in the steam group and I have put arround 9hours into this game already

-I'm doing ok, the game is not that hard

-What does CoD has to do with anything right now?

-The game is clearly buggy and low budget, doesn't mean people can't enjoyed it as is pretty much one of a handfull going for this playstyle at the momment

-My comment was regarding what would the GB crew said about this game, They need to evaluate products thinking in the larger userbase not in fanboysm

Cool your head down and think before posting

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dezztroy
    @DonPixel said:

@Dezztroy said:

@DonPixel said:

Man I'm in the steam group and I have put arround 9hours into this game already

-I'm doing ok, the game is not that hard

-What does CoD has to do with anything right now?

-The game is clearly buggy and low budget, doesn't mean people can't enjoyed it as is pretty much one of a handfull going for this playstyle at the momment

-My comment was regarding what would the GB crew said about this game, They need to evaluate products thinking in the larger userbase not in fanboysm

Cool your head down and think before posting

I'd say you're the one who needs to think before posting. You start with saying that this is a terrible game, yet you play it for hours on end?

Buggy? Yes. It's a beta. A real beta, not a marketing beta that many AAA games make use of. Low budget? For an indie game, it has some pretty great production values. Not every game needs flashy explosions every 5 seconds, you know.

If your comment was about what you think the GB guys would say, why did you portray it as your own opinion?
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DonPixel

@Dezztroy:

-It's been interesting so far not quite sure how much I like it as it has some major issues in my opinion, that´s why I'm playing it

-Your second line it's just the usual internet assumption, there are all kind of betas. As far as I concern I have no real insight which one are use for real development polish and feedback.

-My own opinion regarding the Quicklook is that they should wait for this game to get a little polish before they show it, if they about to do it a favor. As it is right now the last month BF3 closed alpha was way more polished than this game, Tripwire might be a small team but it's indeed disapointing to say the least.

-Again wtf flashy explosions has to do with anything, who ever mention that!? perhaps if you focus more in arguing and less in assuming we would engage in a better conversation.

I apreciate what Tripwire is trying to do but it is failing short in some regards. That doesn't mean I hate Tripwire, RO2 or realistic shooters.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AhmadMetallic

@DonPixel: You're a Call of Duty fan who calls other games "a glorified mod", that's the problem here. Seriously we're friends on steam and all, but most of the time i believe your posts are to be ignored.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
    deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Keenblaze said:
      "Well, it's not an AAA shooter... so you should probably just go buy an AAA shooter."
    Since when do they act like those kinds of idiots?
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DonPixel

@AhmadMetallic said:

@DonPixel: You're a Call of Duty fan who calls other games "a glorified mod", that's the problem here. Seriously we're friends on steam and all, but most of the time i believe your posts are to be ignored.

Call of Duty did some stuff right to become a multi million dollar franchise. It's suffering from over exposure backslash which is natural. I don´t judge people by the videogame preferences, I fin that to be "short sighted" to say the least.

Also if it helps in your twisted percetion of frienship: I have more time in Battlefield games than CoD games ( do this fact make us better friends?), I'm not a single minded zealot I found a lot of different games enjoyable for their own merits.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dezztroy
    @DonPixel

What regards is this game falling short in? In my opinion this game is pretty much perfect. Does that make it fact? No. Just how your opinion that the game falls short in areas isn't either.

The explosions was about you saying that the game is obviously low budget. Why do you think so? The graphics are great, sounds are excellent, lack of polish is all stuff that can easily be addressed before release.

I'm simply asking you to elaborate on why you have your opinions. I already know you have them, but not why.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DonPixel

@Dezztroy: Fair enough I'm moderatelly enjoying this game and I will keep playing it after release, as you said opinions.

For the sake of gaming variety I hope it does well thou.

Seanebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Seanebaby

Just throwing my two cents in here...

1. A QL would be awesome, wouldn't hurt to wait a few weeks for release
    2. The beta simply isn't broken, I've had 2 crashes since launch, the only bug I've come across is a respawn bug which is fixed by selecting another role. Call of Duty Black Ops was more broken on release (it was completely unplayable for 70% of my friends) and the developers gave zero communication and took months to release patches which caused as many problems as they fixed. These guys (Tripwire) have all ready released patches for RO2 to fix issues. If you are having problems then you should raise them on the official beta forum, if you can't be bothered doing that you shouldn't really be playing the beta.
    3. Any comparison to CoD is completely pointless, you may as well compare it to Mario Kart or something. CoD and RO2 are completely different games, just because you hold a gun doesn't mean you can compare them. RO2 doesn't try to be anything like CoD, and CoD isn't trying to do anything RO2 does. CoD is essentially a modern day quake, a twitchy run and gun shooter which is lots of fun in small groups of friends. RO2 is a simulation, more comparable to a game like ARMA2 or even Mount and Warblade, aimed at a completely different group of people.
    4. RO2 is lots of fun, a refreshing change from lots of second rate console ports.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PeasantAbuse
    @Seanebaby said:

Just throwing my two cents in here...

1. A QL would be awesome, wouldn't hurt to wait a few weeks for release
    2. The beta simply isn't broken, I've had 2 crashes since launch, the only bug I've come across is a respawn bug which is fixed by selecting another role. Call of Duty Black Ops was more broken on release (it was completely unplayable for 70% of my friends) and the developers gave zero communication and took months to release patches which caused as many problems as they fixed. These guys (Tripwire) have all ready released patches for RO2 to fix issues. If you are having problems then you should raise them on the official beta forum, if you can't be bothered doing that you shouldn't really be playing the beta.
    3. Any comparison to CoD is completely pointless, you may as well compare it to Mario Kart or something. CoD and RO2 are completely different games, just because you hold a gun doesn't mean you can compare them. RO2 doesn't try to be anything like CoD, and CoD isn't trying to do anything RO2 does. CoD is essentially a modern day quake, a twitchy run and gun shooter which is lots of fun in small groups of friends. RO2 is a simulation, more comparable to a game like ARMA2 or even Mount and Warblade, aimed at a completely different group of people.
    4. RO2 is lots of fun, a refreshing change from lots of second rate console ports.
    Glad to hear all of this.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DonPixel

@Seanebaby said:

1. Any comparison to CoD is completely pointless, you may as well compare it to Mario Kart or something. CoD and RO2 are completely different games, just because you hold a gun doesn't mean you can compare them. RO2 doesn't try to be anything like CoD, and CoD isn't trying to do anything RO2 does. CoD is essentially a modern day quake, a twitchy run and gun shooter which is lots of fun in small groups of friends. RO2 is a simulation, more comparable to a game like ARMA2 or even Mount and Warblade, aimed at a completely different group of people

Yeah, I totally agre with this line, I can't understand why any bit of critiscism about RO2 derivates into CoD. I never mentioned CoD nor I think every game has to be like it, there is no need to be so defensive about Red Orchestra, They are an Indie team and all but they are also charging solid $40 dollars for the DE of this game, so is not like they are giving away things.

Anyway said so, I'm liking the game a lot. If they manage to fix the bugs and improve performance I don't think I bee dropping $60 for neither Bf3 or Mw3 with so many other good titles coming out later this year. (rage, skyrim, dota2, diablo 3, hard reset etc..)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.