Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 13, 2011

Heroes of Stalingrad is Tripwire's new sequel to Red Orchestra. This time around the sequel takes full advantage of the Unreal 3 engine.

RO:HoS announced Leaked PC Gamer article Scans Included!

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Brundage
    MG-42
    MG-42
    Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad was just recently announced on Trpiwire's forums due to leak of the new PC Gamer. The game will run on the unreal 3 engine and will feature a cooperative and terrorist hunt style game mode. The game will also include a cover system and complex hit boxes.

Here are the scans of the article if you guys want to read it.

Im so stoked for this game!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

More WW2? I guess they're playing it safe for their first UE3 engine game. Maybe too safe. Was RO even a really big success for them? Or do they think purdy graphics will make more mainstream gamers play it? It's too bad they didn't do something more creative, then again, what do I expect, they won the MSUC and thus the engine licences, not one of the more creative mods like Damnation, Air Buccaneers, Alien Swarm (whatever happened to Source?), Metaball or others...

Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nicholasotzs

I'm very excited.

It's a shame that so many people missed out because they couldn't make it past that first day. It was truly a magnificent experience.

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Brundage
    Al3xand3r said:
    "More WW2? I guess they're playing it safe for their first UE3 engine game. Maybe too safe. Was RO even a really big success for them? Or do they think purdy graphics will make more mainstream gamers play it? It's too bad they didn't do something more creative, then again, what do I expect, they won the MSUC and thus the engine licences, not one of the more creative mods like Damnation, Air Buccaneers, Alien Swarm (whatever happened to Source?), Metaball or others..."
    I believe the original sold around 400,000 copies. And I think RO is as un-mainstream as they come, plus they're also working on another title called Killing Floor that's based off another ut04 mod set for release on May 14. I still think RO is creative enough for one more sequel.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60
    Al3xand3r said:
    "More WW2? I guess they're playing it safe for their first UE3 engine game. Maybe too safe. Was RO even a really big success for them? Or do they think purdy graphics will make more mainstream gamers play it? It's too bad they didn't do something more creative, then again, what do I expect, they won the MSUC and thus the engine licences, not one of the more creative mods like Damnation, Air Buccaneers, Alien Swarm (whatever happened to Source?), Metaball or others..."
    A whole crapload of people still play Red Orchestra, and it was really realistic, that's why I liked it so much.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Hey I love RO too, though I haven't played in a while, and I didn't say it's mainstream, I asked if they think the UE3 graphics will make more ppl try it, just wondering why it's their UE3 game. But if it really sold 400,000 copies then great. I would still like to see something different instead, but there's always a next project I guess. If this one works out as well as the original RO for them.

First person cover sounds good. As long as it's not annoying to make you just not use it and instead use standard crouching and leading.

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Brundage
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Hey I love RO too, and I didn't say it's mainstream, I said if they think the graphics will make more ppl try it, just wondering why it's their UE3 game. But if it really sold 400,000 copies then great. Would still like to see something different instead."
    Killing Floor should be something new and different for them, personally I thinking sticking with something they already know a lot about is the best choice when changing engines. Plus I think all the fans wanted RO with updated graphics. Its not like its a direct port either, obviously with the cover system and coop it looks like their trying some new stuff to make the experiences fresher.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

Is Killing Floor really improved from the last mod version? It looks similar enough. Weird choice for a collaboration honestly. Very weird.

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brundage
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Is Killing Floor really improved from the last mod version? It looks similar enough. Weird choice for a collaboration honestly. Very weird."
    From what ive herd so far Killing Floor is nothing like the original mod, although that's just what ive herd. I saw some comparison shots of the mod and the retail and I can say for sure that it looks much better, but gamplay wise I can't say for sure. With the success of Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, and the Nazi Zombies CoD thing I guess it makes sense.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Dunno if it makes sense to go up against L4D but we'll see.

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Brundage

you never know

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By jmrwacko
    @Al3xand3r said:

" More WW2? I guess they're playing it safe for their first UE3 engine game. Maybe too safe. Was RO even a really big success for them? Or do they think purdy graphics will make more mainstream gamers play it? It's too bad they didn't do something more creative, then again, what do I expect, they won the MSUC and thus the engine licences, not one of the more creative mods like Damnation, Air Buccaneers, Alien Swarm (whatever happened to Source?), Metaball or others... "

WW2 was where they started, and honestly I can't really think of the Red Orchestra title doing anything other than the WW2 Eastern front. I mean, that's what the game is about.

Also, LIVE DAMN IT

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.