Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Steel 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

The sequel to the critically panned Nintendo Wii launch title, grab your sword and gun and hunt down gang members in the futuristic wild west.

12 minute studio tour with some gameplay snippets here and there

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

No embed code, I'll give the source page a look if I can find it though but until then you guys will have to do with a link. 

It is by a French site called Jeuxactu but it is Jason Vandenberghe the producer of Red Steel 2 who I believe is Canadian that is doing the tour in English.

http://www.jeuxactu.com/article-42503-exclusif-red-steel-2-visite-des-studios.html

edit: Ok so at a point it is the main gameplay designer who gets the microphone, good luck with that.

• Apperently the world is somewhat open with questgivers in them and there are "dungeons"
    • 8 to 10 hours long
    •  It has quicktime event here and there (check around the 10 min mark where they show some brand new footage)
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Haha, It's great to finally see inside the studio I've been ridiculing for so long.  I bet it was the Canadian dude that led them all astray, he does look like the type of dude that would frequent the Moroccan district.

I have no faith in this game, nothing in that video reassures me. 

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By rallier

Not expecting to much of it myself but i'l looking forward to the combat. Story looks like it is non existent at this point. Guess we'll see in 2 months.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Only near the end is new footage, the QTE on the truck. The rest is just old videos including the very first pre-rendered concept video.

Looks like a fun environment to work in with, eh, unique people in it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

Gun and sword combat never appealed to me about the first game, for me it was the Yakuza setting.  What he says about Cowboys and Ninja's "working", is laughable. That dude smokes during work hours. This game should have gone where it should have gone the first time around  - Shanghai. Sadly for Wii, It's only the 360 and PS3 that get games made in that studio.

@Rallier

said:

" Not expecting to much of it myself but i'l looking forward to the combat. Story looks like it is non existent at this point. Guess we'll see in 2 months. "

On the evidence of all that I've seen so far, the combat looks very mechanical, and even more so with the lack of rag-doll physics and accurate hit detection alongside visual cues. The AI looks weak also, NPC's hover around doing nothing, very much like  Assassin's Creed and MadWorld.  
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Everything I like rules, everything I dislike is shit that should never be made and its creators are crackheads.

The setting is fine and stylish, combat looked fun on hands-ons, if all the elements add up to a quality product remains to be seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.