Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Red Steel 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 23, 2010

The sequel to the critically panned Nintendo Wii launch title, grab your sword and gun and hunt down gang members in the futuristic wild west.

New polished up gameplay footage

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

It has been a while since we had any Red Steel 2 footage and I was quite surprised to see this pop up. It is pretty much the same environment and the same boss shown last time but the improvements show. Enjoy:

I'm under the impression that it is smoother then before and there look to be more particle effects going on. They covered up the lack of blood quite nicely in my opinion with the new dust effect that is the most obvious during the finisher moves. 

Other then the graphical improvement I'm really happy to see that the fighting is smooth and effective. I'm not to sure about the dead zone with when you are holding the guns but that could probably be modified in the settings.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I've not played the first one. Should I?

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By ColinWright
    @eroticfishcake:No
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rallier
    @eroticfishcake: there is no first one...

"continues to sing with fingers in ears"
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

This looks pretty good. Only bummer is now I have to get a Motion Plus. Looks like it's not packaged with the game and Sports Resort does not interest me... Wonder how much they go for standalone.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Rallier: Oh. Uh. OH!

I was under the impression that this was a sequel! How ever foolish of me! My stupidity knows no bounds! Hohoho!!!

<_<

>_>
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " I've not played the first one. Should I? "

Red Steel is so bad and buggy I think Ubisoft's Paris team were taking trips to the Moroccan district for lunch breaks.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

Considering the responses I've been getting, I'm gonna say "No" to this. I'll keep an eye on this one though. It might be better(?)

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rallier
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:

" This looks pretty good. Only bummer is now I have to get a Motion Plus. Looks like it's not packaged with the game and Sports Resort does not interest me... Wonder how much they go for standalone. "

They go for 20 Dollars in the US. It would not surprise me if Ubisoft will be doing pack-in offers though, EA did it after all with Grand Slam tennis (not sure if Sega did it with virtua tennis though) and it is one of M+ their flagship games. I have not been keeping up with the press releases of this game so it might be that they explicitly said that they wont be doing pack-ins.
    Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Blueman

Reminds me a lot of Borderlands
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

That's the worst looking footage yet, imo. Granted, most of it is due to CVG's (original source) awful brightness, contrast and color settings, but they shouldn't have allowed this. CVG fuck up their media often. We should be getting a full trailer this week, so I look forward to that, but I don't think I like the sand puff enemies dissolve into (like No More Heroes blood explosion, only not) and some of the slash and other particle effects look off also (too cheap and 2D looking some of them, especially up close, but again that might be the image quality), while the HUD also looks kinda weird. It can't somehow have gotten worse since this and this, especially since it's all areas we've seen before, and we know they were real footage from all the hands-on various media outlets got to have. After that spectacular intro sequence with the bike that was actually in-game (crosshair visible and all, with limited control of your view during), I don't know why they (seem to) now cut into a movie sequence for this boss introduction which is far less impressive really. Jarring if it's so. It doesn't look smoother to me either. The game's supposed to run in 60 fps, that didn't look very smooth at all, while past videos did give that impression. Granted, you can't really judge that from flash streams. Bring on the new trailer... And the release :-P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.